+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
Hi All,

I sent my application on 1st Aug 2020, it was received on 7th Aug and returned today for missing a checkbox in section 16.

Can I tick the checkbox manually and send the package back or do I need to print the application form again?

Thanks.
Sorry to hear that. Did they return the application in the same packet that you had send the application with the same tracking number? Was the application sent back to your current address or mailing address? I am asking because my current address field and mailing address field has different values in the original application.

ochia

Jul 25, 2018
Application sent on August 4th, 2020 and received on August 11th, 2020.
Returned back on January 8th, 2021 due to Language requirement -
Examples of the types of language evidence that can be submitted include:

1. You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
    • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    • If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution.
However, I studied in Canada. I included my degree certificate and transcript then sent the application back to Sydney the same day.
I got a notification from UPS that the application delivered now.

Pharoh2846

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hello, I have a Question, i sent application August 11 and received on the 13th of August and nothing at all was on ecas; I have received no email, However when i checked ECAS i see 1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 13, 2020. BUT I Did not receive any email?? What does that mean?? Also i noted the address on ECAS is not right (seems to be my address details from PR app) the application is sent has all the correct details What should i do??

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello, I have a Question, i sent application August 11 and received on the 13th of August and nothing at all was on ecas; I have received no email, However when i checked ECAS i see 1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 13, 2020. BUT I Did not receive any email?? What does that mean?? Also i noted the address on ECAS is not right (seems to be my address details from PR app) the application is sent has all the correct details What should i do??
It means that IRCC has received your application, and has started looking at it.

When ECAs shows the Second line 2, then that means that you have received the AOR. As others have done in these posts, contact IRCC to get your application number. See my post here.

Also, from the ECAS page where it shows your mailing address, click on the button to update the address, and follow the instructions to change your mailing address to your home address.

Good luck.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Also, consider following the spreadsheet here. Provide your details on this forum, and someone can update your data on the tracker.

pattnaik

Jan 14, 2021
Sorry to hear that. Did they return the application in the same packet that you had send the application with the same tracking number? Was the application sent back to your current address or mailing address? I am asking because my current address field and mailing address field has different values in the original application.
Any information on this will be of help!

Cindy2021

Jan 14, 2021
Can someone add me to the spreadsheet?
App sent: Aug. 27, 2020
App received: Aug. 27, 2020
App type: Single
Physical presence days: 1,102
AOR: Jan. 15, 2021

manmohan8932

Nov 19, 2016
Hello Folks
I am August applicant because my application was delivered on August 08th; however I never received AOR by mail and today I was just checking the application status to try my luck and I find out that it says Citizenship application received does it mean everything is good and soon I will get AOR or if they start processing. Moreover when I tried to search for my application status with my surname (which also on my PR card and other immigration documents) I was not able to find the status but when I put my given name as my surname then I was able to find the status, is there a glitch or error in their system. also I would mention that my surname is not on the main page of my passport because it was added later on and I did had trouble getting study permit extension with my surname on it as Canadian immigration only accept what is mention on passport main page but this issue was resolved and my all other immigration docs have surname on it.

any help and clarity is appreciated on this matter.

HarmanSingh1313

Oct 10, 2020
Hello Folks
I am August applicant because my application was delivered on August 08th; however I never received AOR by mail and today I was just checking the application status to try my luck and I find out that it says Citizenship application received does it mean everything is good and soon I will get AOR or if they start processing. Moreover when I tried to search for my application status with my surname (which also on my PR card and other immigration documents) I was not able to find the status but when I put my given name as my surname then I was able to find the status, is there a glitch or error in their system. also I would mention that my surname is not on the main page of my passport because it was added later on and I did had trouble getting study permit extension with my surname on it as Canadian immigration only accept what is mention on passport main page but this issue was resolved and my all other immigration docs have surname on it.

any help and clarity is appreciated on this matter.
You’re good. You will get official AOR email soon.

patienceandope

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi All,

I sent my application on 1st Aug 2020, it was received on 7th Aug and returned today for missing a checkbox in section 16.

Can I tick the checkbox manually and send the package back or do I need to print the application form again?

Thanks.
@Bharat_87 Sorry to hear that.
May I ask if they send it back to the address you mentioned in citizenship form or the address you had in their file for PR application?
(I am asking because I am worried what happens if someone has moved to a new address at the time he applies for citizenship. Which address will they return the application to?)

Last edited:

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Application sent on August 4th, 2020 and received on August 11th, 2020.
Returned back on January 8th, 2021 due to Language requirement -
Examples of the types of language evidence that can be submitted include:

1. You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
    • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    • If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution.
However, I studied in Canada. I included my degree certificate and transcript then sent the application back to Sydney the same day.
I got a notification from UPS that the application delivered now.
Hi Ochia,
My application was also returned for the same reason which was quite unlucky, as I wasted so much time and had to resubmit. Guess you are going to be a January applicant now:( Anyways, hope you get your AOR soon.