+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

eld0rad0

Jan 4, 2021
You're absolutely right. I agree but I did provide them with every single detail. It's just because of my name etc they are extra scrutinizing but I'll check that questionnaire. Thx though
Personally, what I would do is request an ATIP to CBSA for entry/exits and compare them to your passport entries/exits – if something stands out, or you forgot to declare, then provide these alongside the form that was suggested above. Additionally, it doesn't help to speculate, and the only one who can really help for this situation, at this moment, is your Member of Parliament. I understand (from experience) that in Quebec it is easy to become overwhelmed/intimidated by the overt institutional racism that prevails and plagues the province since its inception, however, rest assured that the MP assistants are well-trained to deal with their counterparts in Ottawa to assist constituents, and, in a way or another, you help pay their salaries – reaching out to your MP is a great Canadian right-of-passage, and will hopefully will help you with your citizenship grant, and to foster a sense of appreciation for our democracy.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
In accordance to the Canadian Chapter of Rights and Freedoms, all residents of Canada have the liberty to take up residence anywhere in the country, so this wouldn't be the case at all. It would more likely be a case of them questioning the applicant's work or travel history.
i totally agree with your point, everyone is free to live where they want, just as everyone is free to do what they want and everyone is free to say what they want .. there are freedoms and there are guidelines on how to use and express them

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
in your PR application , did you by any means tick a checkbox regarding you not planning to reside in Quebec ? it might be that they are looking through your employment as well ..
there is a reason why they have federal streams, provincial streams and Quebec having their own stream ... you will eventually get your citizenship, it seems that they may be giving a hard time as they dont want to promote this relocation much. i dont think its based on religion or name (there are thousands of applicants with different names from all over the world)
I pulled out my PR application there is no option as such . I think after a certain time when u get ur PR you can move if you have a job opportunity.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Personally, what I would do is request an ATIP to CBSA for entry/exits and compare them to your passport entries/exits – if something stands out, or you forgot to declare, then provide these alongside the form that was suggested above. Additionally, it doesn't help to speculate, and the only one who can really help for this situation, at this moment, is your Member of Parliament. I understand (from experience) that in Quebec it is easy to become overwhelmed/intimidated by the overt institutional racism that prevails and plagues the province since its inception, however, rest assured that the MP assistants are well-trained to deal with their counterparts in Ottawa to assist constituents, and, in a way or another, you help pay their salaries – reaching out to your MP is a great Canadian right-of-passage, and will hopefully will help you with your citizenship grant, and to foster a sense of appreciation for our democracy.
I matched each and every entry exit date with my passport stamps before filling them on the application and I already sent an email to my local MP, her office said she is out until Jan 7th so all I can do is wait. Its very unfair that people who come as refugees and asylumn seekers tend to get their ppt and everything before a person who has spend years legally in this country and paying taxes. IRCC really knows how to make tax payers suffer. I should have come to Canada as a refugee by now i would be a citizen Lol

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
I pulled out my PR application there is no option as such . I think after a certain time when u get ur PR you can move if you have a job opportunity.
That is strange, might be different for different streams. If i remember when i applied online for Federal program i may have selected one of the options that i am not planning to reside in Quebec, cause if i plan to do so i should apply through their program that requires French language assessment and so ..

mikeposer

May 26, 2018
Hello there..
I have a weird situation. I sent all my documents for the citizenship yesterday and today I found out that CIC don't accept IELTS Academic version , however i did sent that by mistake.. I do have IELTS general report too(expired) but I did not sent that...I called the CIC call center. They asked to wait as CIC might just return the entire file back or ask for additional documents...any one has experienced this situation before?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
That is strange, might be different for different streams. If i remember when i applied online for Federal program i may have selected one of the options that i am not planning to reside in Quebec, cause if i plan to do so i should apply through their program that requires French language assessment and so ..
I became PR long time ago maybe they updated the application.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there..
I have a weird situation. I sent all my documents for the citizenship yesterday and today I found out that CIC don't accept IELTS Academic version , however i did sent that by mistake.. I do have IELTS general report too(expired) but I did not sent that...I called the CIC call center. They asked to wait as CIC might just return the entire file back or ask for additional documents...any one has experienced this situation before?
Yes many members here have had this issue you can search the threads.
Your best option is to send the whole package again with the correct form before they return your old package. There are no duplicates in the system so they will consider the latest. You will save urself 2-3 months by just sending it yourself.

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hi guys i sent my application in aug6 now its been almost 5 months i haven't received any AOR or check my application status in cic applications status tool . Is there anyone here in same situation like me who sent their application in August but haven't heard anything bavk?

Kaliswaran

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hi guys i sent my application in aug6 now its been almost 5 months i haven't received any AOR or check my application status in cic applications status tool . Is there anyone here in same situation like me who sent their application in August but haven't heard anything bavk?
I am also waiting. Mine was Delivered on 27 Aug 2020.

ali_ababwa

Nov 11, 2020
Hi there. Similar situation. My file was delivered on 21st August, and still no response. However, based on the tracker only about 52% of the applicants (who updated the tracker file) have received AOR for August 2020. Even for July only 56% of the applicants (who updated the tracker file) seem to have received AOR. So I am hoping we just need to be patient.

Based on the pattern it looks like till about early December, August applicants were processed. Then they went back to July applicants till holidays began. Also it appears the they started processing reminder of the July applicants on January 5th. So I believe they will process some more July applicants and then get back to August applicants.

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Joining thread. Mailed my application on 5th August. Had it returned to me late October as I accidentally missed one of the check boxes in the criminal declarations bit. My son's application was all stapled together with a cover slip saying 'complete' but mine was deemed incomplete because of this missing checkbox. Was returned to them within 24 hours and not heard anything since.

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
My application was delivered on August 16th as per the Canada Post tracking. But no update yet since then. I am checking almost every day for the email, but no luck yet. I hope I have not deleted the email. Is there any way to query where the application is?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
My application was delivered on August 16th as per the Canada Post tracking. But no update yet since then. I am checking almost every day for the email, but no luck yet. I hope I have not deleted the email. Is there any way to query where the application is?
You can check if they have accepted your application using ecas from here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
If you don't see a status, then your application is yet to be processed.