August 2020 - Citizenship application

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
August 2019 i sent my application
Within a month probably september 2019 igot my AOR
Jan 2020 i had my test
and then nothing while the officer at interview told me ull get ur oath in 3 months and till now nothing ,instead they put me in non routine
I ordered my GCMS notes 4th time. No movement . Just says Location :Box Transfer cen , i dont know what that means.
I think you should contact them now if you have not done so already both by phone and by web form, a colleague of mine with very similar timeline as yours and they already got their passport amidst pandemic.

More often than not non-routine happens if there was an issue in your background check (whether its a genuine issue or not), amongst other things.I believe background checks happen after test and between oath so this could be a possibility. I know someone who faced a similar issue due to their name. I wont get into any further detail but these things happen.

You might also want to contact your local MP’s office for assistance. Recently I got a flyer from my local MP and citizenship assistance was one of the things mentioned in the list of services they assist with. Good luck!

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm an August applicant with tons of travel, and got my AOR in late November. Even my wife and kids have a fair bit of travel, didnt impact our AORs.

Travel or Job history has no relation to how AOR's are sent. I have multiple jobs, lived in multiple countries and have several hundreds of entries in travel history. I got my AOR back in Dec, my app delivered in Sep 2020.
Travel will not affect AOR in any way, be rest assured.

Travel might come up as an issue while your file is being reviewed and there might be additional documentation request in such cases to prove the residency. My cousin had frequent travel history back and forth to the US and got additional docs request to prove residency, however this was pre-pandemic and there was no unreasonable delay in getting his citizenship after providing the additional docs.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I think you should contact them now if you have not done so already both by phone and by web form, a colleague of mine with very similar timeline as yours and they already got their passport amidst pandemic.

More often than not non-routine happens if there was an issue in your background check (whether its a genuine issue or not), amongst other things.I believe background checks happen after test and between oath so this could be a possibility. I know someone who faced a similar issue due to their name. I wont get into any further detail but these things happen.

You might also want to contact your local MP’s office for assistance. Recently I got a flyer from my local MP and citizenship assistance was one of the things mentioned in the list of services they assist with. Good luck!
I have already contacted them on web form several times , all they say is we verified the information you provided and your application is still in process. According to my GCMS notes , my background check is done most likely from RCMP as it says not reporable trace found. But as you mention yes im a Muslim and that is why perhaps they are scrutinizing my application more. But what do they mean by Transfer CEN . i dont understand .

eld0rad0

Jan 4, 2021
I have already contacted them on web form several times , all they say is we verified the information you provided and your application is still in process. According to my GCMS notes , my background check is done most likely from RCMP as it says not reporable trace found. But as you mention yes im a Muslim and that is why perhaps they are scrutinizing my application more. But what do they mean by Transfer CEN . i dont understand .
When it comes to this part of the process, it is very difficult to advise given that it is in the background check stages, however, if you could mention which section of your GCMS notes you found this, or better yet, a screenshot (with all personal information blank) it could help. As previously mentioned, it sounds like your best bet is going to be through contacting your Member of Parliament.

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
When it comes to this part of the process, it is very difficult to advise given that it is in the background check stages, however, if you could mention which section of your GCMS notes you found this, or better yet, a screenshot (with all personal information blank) it could help. As previously mentioned, it sounds like your best best is going to be through your Member of Parliament.
I do not know if the Local MP in Montreal can be of any assistance.

Knowledge passed
Residence: In Progress
Language : passed

Criminality: passed

Paper file:
office- Montreal Citiz

I have one Eligibility Assesment of Residence in Progress and Another Eligibility Assessment Passed, one created in 2019 which is passed and another in 2020 which is in progress.

Down in the notes (1) is mentioned , like i said this file is in queue to be analysed - File referred to CEN (Do you have any idea what do they mean by this ?)

Also do you know what is RC-2137 ?

THanks , your reply is appreciated

eld0rad0

Jan 4, 2021
I do not know if the Local MP in Montreal can be of any assistance.

Knowledge passed
Residence: In Progress
Language : passed

Criminality: passed

Paper file:
office- Montreal Citiz

I have one Eligibility Assesment of Residence in Progress and Another Eligibility Assessment Passed, one created in 2019 which is passed and another in 2020 which is in progress.

Down in the notes (1) is mentioned , like i said this file is in queue to be analysed - File referred to CEN (Do you have any idea what do they mean by this ?)

Also do you know what is RC-2137 ?

THanks , your reply is appreciated
RC stands for 'Regional Centre' which is basically another type of IRCC office, like the Case Processing Centre or Centralized Intake Office.
It sounds to me like your file is in queue for an additional verification of residency requirements, but I can't say where this is for sure, as I don't have access to a list of the Regional Centre codes, however we know that the two offices you can rule out are RC-9515: Regional Centre Ottawa, and RC-9570: Regional Centre Mississauga.

I have no clue what CEN stands for though.

Of course you can reach out to your MP, even if they are in Quebec, as they still represent you in Parliament, and Quebec is still part of Canada (regardless if you don't speak french).

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
RC stands for 'Regional Centre' which is basically another type of IRCC office, like the Case Processing Centre or Centralized Intake Office.
It sounds to me like your file is in queue for an additional verification of residency requirements, but I can't say where this is for sure, as I don't have access to a list of the Regional Centre codes, however we know that the two offices you can rule out are RC-9515: Regional Centre Ottawa, and RC-9570: Regional Centre Mississauga.

Of course you can reach out to your MP, even if they are in Quebec, as they still represent you in Parliament, and Quebec is still part of Canada (regardless if you don't speak french).
Okay so now it makes sense ,i think CEN stands for Centre , Transfer centre . Ill try reaching out to my local MP coz its totally unfair.
Thanks for the information though ,really helpful .

Reactions: eld0rad0

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
@luvtrump I think you are posting in the wrong thread, none of the August 2020 fellas, has gone to in process. except may be for those with urgent processing.

Reactions: vvarma

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I second this, looks like they are scrutinizing your residency requirements from the look of it. Be prepared to be asked to complete a residency questionnaire. Better yet just complete it yourself and submit it via the portal. I know its not ideal but I remember some of the members on the forum did something similar for the PR application, there was a separate schedule requested for travel history and residence history if I remember correct. I did not send this along with other docs and ended up being asked for it! It caused a whole 2-3 month delay which was a lot back then for PR as all my peers had already got their passport request for visa stamping!

You can find the residency questionnaire online easily from the Ircc page.
Also attach whatever supporting documents you can, like job letters & payslips(if available), medical receipts/prescription records, bank statements etc. I know it sounds like an overkill but the situation in which you find yourself its better to just give them everything possible you have so they clear you asap; thats what my cousin did when he was asked for residency requirement. Btw he is Muslim too. I know some members might debate this but it happens, I have seen it many a time.

Reactions: luvtrump

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Did you apply for PR in a provincial program and then decided to move and reside in Quebec? Or did you get your PR through Quebec immigration program ?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I second this, looks like they are scrutinizing your residency requirements from the look of it. Be prepared to be asked to complete a residency questionnaire. Better yet just complete it yourself and submit it via the portal. I know its not ideal but I remember some of the members on the forum did something similar for the PR application, there was a separate schedule requested for travel history and residence history if I remember correct. I did not send this along with other docs and ended up being asked for it! It caused a whole 2-3 month delay which was a lot back then for PR as all my peers had already got their passport request for visa stamping!

You can find the residency questionnaire online easily from the Ircc page.
Also attach whatever supporting documents you can, like job letters & payslips(if available), medical receipts/prescription records, bank statements etc. I know it sounds like an overkill but the situation in which you find yourself its better to just give them everything possible you have so they clear you asap; thats what my cousin did when he was asked for residency requirement. Btw he is Muslim too. I know some members might debate this but it happens, I have seen it many a time.
You're absolutely right. I agree but I did provide them with every single detail. It's just because of my name etc they are extra scrutinizing but I'll check that questionnaire. Thx though

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Did you apply for PR in a provincial program and then decided to move and reside in Quebec? Or did you get your PR through Quebec immigration program ?
Yeah I got my pr through Pnp but then I moved to Quebec only because of job purpose which I informed them already at the interview.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Yeah I got my pr through Pnp but then I moved to Quebec only because of job purpose which I informed them already at the interview.
in your PR application , did you by any means tick a checkbox regarding you not planning to reside in Quebec ? it might be that they are looking through your employment as well ..
there is a reason why they have federal streams, provincial streams and Quebec having their own stream ... you will eventually get your citizenship, it seems that they may be giving a hard time as they dont want to promote this relocation much. i dont think its based on religion or name (there are thousands of applicants with different names from all over the world)

Reactions: vvarma

eld0rad0

Jan 4, 2021
in your PR application , did you by any means tick a checkbox regarding you not planning to reside in Quebec ? it might be that they are looking through your employment as well ..
there is a reason why they have federal streams, provincial streams and Quebec having their own stream ... you will eventually get your citizenship, it seems that they may be giving a hard time as they dont want to promote this relocation much. i dont think its based on religion or name (there are thousands of applicants with different names from all over the world)
In accordance to the Canadian Chapter of Rights and Freedoms, all residents of Canada have the liberty to take up residence anywhere in the country, so this wouldn't be the case at all. It would more likely be a case of them questioning the applicant's work or travel history.