+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Mine was via Canada Post, I wish I had sent it via courier Since it is comparatively faster though a little expensive.
there was a separate thread here where someone was trying to track AORs based on Courier and PO Box and I believe at that time the people getting AOR were the ones who sent it via courier. However we have noted now that PO Box submissions are also getting AOR
Thanks for your response! I will stick with courier. Just to confirm how true this is.......someone said that IRCC have started online submission of citizenship application for single applicants. How true is this?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Thanks for your response! I will stick with courier. Just to confirm how true this is.......someone said that IRCC have started online submission of citizenship application for single applicants. How true is this?
Yes. Its true but its only for single applicants and starting from January 1st.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unlike PR, The application for citizenship (even paper based) is quite straightforward, Personally I dont see the need to hire a 3rd party unless otherwise there is a language or understanding barrier of some sorts.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also for online submissions, I really dont think the processing times will be any different from that of paper submissions. It all depends on the # of employees available to process the files and factoring delays due to extended lockdowns etc.

In short, if you are eligible to apply today, I would not wait until January to apply. A one month head-start sometimes matters when it comes to these things!

Saki2020

Mar 18, 2020
I really hope so. We had to wait for almost six months , only to get our applications returned - at times for ridiculous reasons I’m afraid to say:(( I resent the same application and not a different one ‘cause the documents were fine. So, if they consider the fact that our applications have already gone through the doc checking process- then it’s fair enough to expect ‘in progress’ soon. Anyways, I also believe that it really depends on the individual immigration officer who’s working with each application. Best of luck to you!!!

I hope so too. It has been so long already, They should be hiring us to process these applications, I am sure we would be faster than them even after fulfilling the due diligence.

Reactions: Anjushka

shonas

Jul 11, 2011
Location (city): Edmonton AB
App type (single or # of people): 2 Adults
Physical presence days: 1136
App sent date: AUG 28, 2020
App delivered date: AUG 31, 2020
AOR: Dec 03, 2020

vadim_n

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
It will be faster as they won't need to open envelopes and sort all documents before scanning.

Reactions: shonas

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
It will be faster as they won't need to open envelopes and sort all documents before scanning.
One applicant on this forum submitted an application online. According to the applicant, AOR was not issued right away instead he got the message that IRCC will check his application and documents and then send him AOR if everything checks out. After that your application will be processed like all others.

So, I believe the only thing that will be beneficial for this will be submitting everything online and then IRCC employees verifies everything before sending AOR like all other. This will be quick maybe within 1 month or 1 week but at least you wont have to send physical hard copies of documents and hope everything checks out.

Reactions: royce110

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Wow.....Please did you use the Canada post express or the regular mail? How long did it take yours to be delivered?
Just regular mail (Canada Post) using their tracking number service. It took exactly 4 business days.