+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
You will receive an email from the scheduling office; it can come as late as one week before your ceremony. Very detailed instructions will be included in a PDF attached to the email, but the short answer is that you will need your PR card, another piece of ID (i.e. driver's license, health card), as well as your confirmation of permanent residency.
Thank you very much.

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
Hi Jessie, are you an august 2020 applicant? And if you can tell me what process did you go through?
Hi, yes i am an August 2020 applicant from Ottawa office. I was invited for the test in January 2022 which I completed on 15th January 2022. All the steps except oath ceremony got completed on 25th January. Oath ceremony was still in the state of Not Started. I was just randomly checking the status online and I got to know that I had an update on August 5th that I was scheduled for Oath ceremony and status changed to in progress. I didn’t get any email about being scheduled for oath ceremony so make sure you keep checking your status atleast once in 2-3 days.
Thanks

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hello, from my Online Tracker, I have been scheduled for Oath Ceremony on Aug 24, 2022. It does not provide any additional details.
Any idea how long it would take to get the official invitation letter?
Would it be email or mail? (So far all the updates were by emails only so expect the same, but just wanted to confirm)
Received the email today with detailed information. Thank you. It’s going to be an online ceremony on a Zoom call.

misslissa

Nov 16, 2014
I bet a bunch of people are in the same boat. We had test in Feb and no word until an invite today for virtual oath on August 23.

And we were on our way out of the country and planning to return on the 25th, too! Go figure. You wait more than two years and they pick a day on the two weeks you finally plan a vacation. Lol

mzerehna

Aug 11, 2022
Hi all,

my husband and I applied for Citizenship in Aug 2020, MU HUSBAND did his test 4 months ago but unfortunately I'm still waiting for the test. Only background check is marked as completed in my account. Is anybody else in the same situation as me? And do you have any recommendations for me to speed up this process? also my husband invited for interview on AUG 18, still nothing happened to my account. I called them twice but they just told me wait more. I appreciate if someone can help me what should I do?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi all,

my husband and I applied for Citizenship in Aug 2020, MU HUSBAND did his test 4 months ago but unfortunately I'm still waiting for the test. Only background check is marked as completed in my account. Is anybody else in the same situation as me? And do you have any recommendations for me to speed up this process? also my husband invited for interview on AUG 18, still nothing happened to my account. I called them twice but they just told me wait more. I appreciate if someone can help me what should I do?
Your test is too delayed. There are a few people like you. You should keep calling and emailing them to keep the ball rolling.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I called 2 times, both agents told me we can't do anything , just can tell you there is no problem in your application, just you have to wait. but now its 2 years and I can't wait more.
No test after 2 years is unacceptable.

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
Received the email today with detailed information. Thank you. It’s going to be an online ceremony on a Zoom call.
Hi,
I also got email on the same day as yours, I just have a question about Oath or Affirmation form that needs to be signed and send them by email immediately. So is the same email address we need to send the signed affirmation form? Thank you

sakssey23

Feb 1, 2017
No updates yet. Had my test completed July 2021.
Language, physical presence, prohibition shows in progress..
This is 2 years now I submitted my application. Not sure what is happening.
Requested GCMS notes - but no details of any issues based on my interpretation.

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hi,
I also got email on the same day as yours, I just have a question about Oath or Affirmation form that needs to be signed and send them by email immediately. So is the same email address we need to send the signed affirmation form? Thank you
So for me, the email came from and the email address mentioned on the oath form are same. So basically you will just compose a new email with a subject line as mentioned in the PDF and send it to the email address listed on the oath form

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hi,
Just received a feedback from MP office after they followed with IRCC agent that my file still awaiting clearance on language assessment and residency obligation.

what does that mean and who supposed to give the clearance on that? isn't the agent himself who should review the documents I submitted with my application and give the clearance?

Thank you

Last edited:

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I have a question if I asked the officer during the oath that I need the certificate urgent how he will send it , by mail or I have to pick it up