+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

SurvivorAug22

Jun 24, 2021
I wonder how many of us are still waiting from Aug 2020? After all stages are passed. Is it just me and EscoBlades?
No progress on my application, so appointed a lawyer now and it been more than a month. After adding a rep to my file, I no longer have access to my application on cic website to see any ghost updates.
Ordered GCMS notes in October and I still didn't get it, hope to see some progress before holidays. It's just one f'ing email for christ sake!
Any one know if they work between Christmas and new years week?

ShannieH

Star Member
May 1, 2020
I wonder how many of us are still waiting from Aug 2020? After all stages are passed. Is it just me and EscoBlades?
No progress on my application, so appointed a lawyer now and it been more than a month. After adding a rep to my file, I no longer have access to my application on cic website to see any ghost updates.
Ordered GCMS notes in October and I still didn't get it, hope to see some progress before holidays. It's just one f'ing email for christ sake!
I’m still here waiting too

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
I'm waiting too. Received an email last Mondy (Ghost on Friday 2 weeks ago), asking me to submit my passport or reply on webform if I'm residing in Canada. I submitted a webform on the same day, got an email back 2 days later, saying they have forwarded my webform to the visa office. Now still waiting. I don't know why they didn't send me the portal directly.

As for GCMS notes, ordered mine at the end of October and got my notes last week as well.

I don't think appointing a representative will speed up your process. If your application has nothing wrong, you can do everything the lawyer can do.

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
I think many people are in the same boat. I've tried contacting my MP to help and hopefully that'll help. They have issued me some forms to fill in and seems like MP can ask IRCC to check out some applicants' profiles. I'm checking for my boyfriend's process. He's AOR Sept 2020 applicant and all stages passed with no news. He's applied for GCMS notes in the summer but hasn't received it at all. So don't give up my friend, hang in there.

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
I'm waiting too. Received an email last Mondy (Ghost on Friday 2 weeks ago), asking me to submit my passport or reply on webform if I'm residing in Canada. I submitted a webform on the same day, got an email back 2 days later, saying they have forwarded my webform to the visa office. Now still waiting. I don't know why they didn't send me the portal directly.

As for GCMS notes, ordered mine at the end of October and got my notes last week as well.

I don't think appointing a representative will speed up your process. If your application has nothing wrong, you can do everything the lawyer can do.
Hey :)

Just wanted to ask if they mentioned any deadline for you to reply through webform to confirm that you are in Canada....?

I am currently in India but am coming back this 28th to Canada. So was wondering if it would be ok if I get the webform mail now, but I wait till I am back in Canada and confirm it to them?

All my assessments are done and my outland dependants just completed their remedicals last Saturday, so am hoping something would move now. Thanks!

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
I am here, AOR 20th August 2020, but I would think the delay is from my side, atleast for the last few months. All my assessments are done and I got a remedicals request for my wife and daughter in India on September 9th. But due to various reasons they couldn't attend for the medicals. IRCC gave a one month deadline so I had sent a webform requesting them for more time and they extended it for 2 months, till 11th December. I finally had to come to India and get it done last Saturday, on the last day of the deadline. I will be back in Canada by this 28th, so hopefully the file will move now.

Reactions: SurvivorAug22

V919

Apr 3, 2021
M in the queue as well, AOR 20th August, Eligibility: Recommend Pass n stuck there from March 2021

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021
I think many people are in the same boat. I've tried contacting my MP to help and hopefully that'll help. They have issued me some forms to fill in and seems like MP can ask IRCC to check out some applicants' profiles. I'm checking for my boyfriend's process. He's AOR Sept 2020 applicant and all stages passed with no news. He's applied for GCMS notes in the summer but hasn't received it at all. So don't give up my friend, hang in there.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-application-june-2021-aor-join-here.734264/post-9857709

Ashokk7

Mar 30, 2021
Hi,
I have a question regarding my CEC PR application i received my AOR in August 2020 and completed my biometrics in October 2020 and till date no update after that on my file..
(I added my wife as a secondary applicant)
Can some one help me with any solution..

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Hi,
I have a question regarding my CEC PR application i received my AOR in August 2020 and completed my biometrics in October 2020 and till date no update after that on my file.
(I added my wife as a secondary applicant)
Can some one help me with any solution.
Whenever you add someone later or any changes/updates on the profile will probably delay your application. Have you ordered your GCMS note, you will get all your information in the package. You can at least see which one is passed, which one has not started in different categories. If you have passed on every category, the only thing you can do is wait.

Ashokk7

Mar 30, 2021
Whenever you add someone later or any changes/updates on the profile will probably delay your application. Have you ordered your GCMS note, you will get all your information in the package. You can at least see which one is passed, which one has not started in different categories. If you have passed on every category, the only thing you can do is wait.
Thanks for the information, but in my case I created my profile with my wife as secondary applicant and got invitation after that, then submitted all the documents.
Will this still delay my application process?
Sure I'll apply for GCMS notes..
Is there any tentative date regarding my application process to be finalized?

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Thanks for the information, but in my case I created my profile with my wife as secondary applicant and got invitation after that, then submitted all the documents.
Will this still delay my application process?
Sure I'll apply for GCMS notes..
Is there any tentative date regarding my application process to be finalized?
Oh, when you get your invitation with your wife on file, that should delay the process. There are many things that can delay the process, and some people here are still single applicants like me are still waiting. There's no tentative date regarding the process, it really depends on different cases, a lot of factors goes into that...ie Visa Office. is your wife is outland? Typically is going to take longer because it involves a lot more.

You can try to call the CIC support center, if the agent is nice enough, they will tell you if your eligibility, security...etc are passed or not.

Reactions: HanenBlade

CWL95

Jun 3, 2020
Hi everyone! I got a GU last Thursday and am wondering what would happen next. I am not in a hurry to get PPR now but I do want to go back to Canada around September next year. Please see my timeline below. Any comments are appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)

Invitation: May 28th, 2020 (within Canada)
Medical exam: July 3rd, 2020 (within Canada)
AOR: July 29th, 2020 (within Canada)
I moved to Norway on August 31st, 2020, and intend to stay in Norway for 2 years - Am I an inland or outland applicant in this case? I did inform IRCC immediately regarding the change of address.
MEP: September 20th, 2020 and got Biometrics Collection Letter the next day
Biometrics: August 20th, 2021 in Poland (almost a year delayed due to no office in Norway and international travel resitrctions)

So my medical had expired in July this year. I had "You do not need a medical exam." since then and last Thursday it changed to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam." after GU.

I have never ordered any GCMS notes but probably will do if I don't have any updates in a month or so.