+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
HI May 19 2020 AOR here with Good news!!
Finally after 18 months of waiting, Got COPR on 20 Nov2021.
Thanks Everyone for the support and advise
fucking hell i need your kind of patience in my daily life. congrats, go get absolutely hammered to the point where you dont remember your name. cheers

• Haha
Reactions: HanenBlade

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Looks like Ottawa has started processing some FSW applications from 2020 as well. I really hope they just finalize mine so I can move on with things in my life.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I do not think it changed.

Currently it says:
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Ahh okay. Yeah it doesn’t change for some applicants, but that used to be the way some could tell if Security had started.

Sidenote, ordered what i hope will be my final set of GCMS notes, yesterday. Let's see if my file gets approved before Christmas.

Last edited:
Reactions: HanenBlade

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Another day/ week of wondering when (if ever) Security will be completed.
Close to 16 months of this saga now.
According to my GCMS notes, It took nearly 4 months for my security to be done after my eligibility was approved, but that's because I had an ADR on the same day. This 4-month delay was how long it took for the officer to go back to my application, but once they did, my security was done straight away.
I dont understand why they havent started your security

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
According to my GCMS notes, It took nearly 4 months for my security to be done after my eligibility was approved, but that's because I had an ADR on the same day. This 4-month delay was how long it took for the officer to go back to my application, but once they did, my security was done straight away.
I dont understand why they havent started your security
Will see when i get my next set of GCMS notes just before Christmas. I'm hoping it has been started already and just not been updated in the background. I know my Eligibility was passed a few days before my Medical was extended, so it must be waiting for the officer to check that once again and then initiate Security.