+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Also curious, what has been holding your application for so long? Have you been outland at some point?
No, I've been inland this whole time. My file literally wasn't picked up due to COVID as it is being processed at Ottawa, and they haven't been at full staff for months. My Eligibility was marked as Recommend Pass in January 2021. Application wasn't picked up again till September 2021.

That’s what I’ve been asking. He must be
No

jaysapkota

Nov 5, 2018
you can start the work permit application for her right away-- thats ok, it will take some time though-- im hoping that in your case, your CEC app is advanced enough that they just have to check simple stuff for your spouse (medical, etc) and would take a max of 4 months from now
Thank you for your input. And my spouse applied for the work permit.

jaysapkota

Nov 5, 2018
I think my wait has been over now. I was waiting with the status of 'Security Not Started' since March 2021.
AOR: AUG 07 2021.
Thanks to the members of this forum and this thread which helped me a lot to stay optimistic. I recently got my portal confirmation email for PR. It appears that they did extend my medical exam validity and sent the email. Currently, I am outside of Canada and returning in a week's time. Should I wait until my return to reply to the confirmation email? Also, my spouse had applied for the work permit based on my work permit status. What happens to her application? Should I tell her to withdraw it and start the sponsorship application right away? As always, any valuable inputs would be highly appreciated.

jaysapkota

Nov 5, 2018
I think my wait has been over now. I was waiting with the status of 'Security Not Started' since March 2021.
AOR: AUG 07 2021.
Thanks to the members of this forum and this thread which helped me a lot to stay optimistic. I recently got my portal confirmation email for PR. It appears that they did extend my medical exam validity and sent the email. Currently, I am outside of Canada and returning in a week's time. Should I wait until my return to reply to the confirmation email? Also, my spouse had applied for the work permit based on my work permit status. What happens to her application? Should I tell her to withdraw it and start the sponsorship application right away? As always, any valuable inputs would be highly appreciated.
Could anyone provide some input regarding my situation? Thanks in advance.

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi All
Can anyone tell after receiving PPR request , do we need to prepare two separate packages for primary applicant and spouse for passport submission via courier?
Thanks

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
You follow the instructions in the email/ message you received.
Thanks for reply. It is only mentioned that for individual applicant what all documents are required and all documents should be in single package. But nothing is mentioned if dependent family members should also be in same package or separate one.

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Thanks for reply. It is only mentioned that for individual applicant what all documents are required and all documents should be in single package. But nothing is mentioned if dependent family members should also be in same package or separate one.
We are not in Canada. I am primary applicant and got PPR letter on email to submit passport.