+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
IRCC just requested my passport, to issue the Visitor Visa i applied for.

I wish they would just finalize my PR application instead. FFS.
That's weird. I applied Visitor record on April, 2020.....till today it's still processing. I assumed that they see that I have already applied for PR and not processing my visitor record.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
That's weird. I applied Visitor record on April, 2020.....till today it's still processing. I assumed that they see that I have already applied for PR and not processing my visitor record.
Oh they see it. But rather than finalize and give you a refund, they will process the visitor application first. Assholes.

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Oh they see it. But rather than finalize and give you a refund, they will process the visitor application first. Assholes.
Oh wow....the PR application fee is already quite expensive...Come on, they can do better. At least, your GCMS note says landing due on Nov 8, which is in a week and a half.

Reactions: HanenBlade

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Called CIC today, they are still not responding to any calls regarding status updates...The way how client support agents handle calls is unacceptable, the guy hangs up on me in less than 30 seconds without even trying to listen to what I'm talking about. That's crazy. It's going to be 15 months since I applied very soon. I'm speechless.....

Stephzer

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Called CIC today, they are still not responding to any calls regarding status updates...The way how client support agents handle calls is unacceptable, the guy hangs up on me in less than 30 seconds without even trying to listen to what I'm talking about. That's crazy. It's going to be 15 months since I applied very soon. I'm speechless.....
To be honest even they can’t do anything, only the processing agents can do something. I feel their frustration too, they receive thousands of calls per day asking them the same question :(

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
To be honest even they can’t do anything, only the processing agents can do something. I feel their frustration too, they receive thousands of calls per day asking them the same question :(
I actually had an inquiry, I mailed in some documents they requested during April, still haven't had any confirmation from them receiving the document. He didn't even listen to my questions and hung up...Called 5 mins later, the other lady was so helpful and helped me confirm everything, and told me all verification has been done. Just need the final approval.

Reactions: EscoBlades

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I actually had an inquiry, I mailed in some documents they requested during April, still haven't had any confirmation from them receiving the document. He didn't even listen to my questions and hung up...Called 5 mins later, the other lady was so helpful and helped me confirm everything, and told me all verification has been done. Just need the final approval.
FINALLY!!

ask_yo_girl_about_me

Jul 9, 2020
I got my PR card in mail yesterday, glad that I am done with this agonizing process. We have been through a lot in the last 15 months, hopefully everyone gets their COPR by the end of this year. As for me I need to take a break from this forum.

ShannieH

Star Member
May 1, 2020
We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address:

Got that email this morning. I'm way past my completion date. Just process the darn thing already!