Jun 23, 2021
NS
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa + Halifax
AOR Received.
05-09-2021
yes, called yesterday. AOR august 24, 2020. all stages passed as of April 29th; waiting for final decision since then - no move. Primary VO Ottawa, secondary Halifax

I guess Halifax is holding our applications, and holding for so long...........................
Exactly the same. Ottawa first and then moved to Halifax.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but I am actually living in Halifax, and my colleagues told me there is a good change that they are still working remotely.
Inside gathering limit is still 10 people here, but stage 4 allowing 25 people should start on July 14th...

But maybe they are still working and just holding out applications for FUN ! :D

TjAneja

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Today I completed 11 months of processing time. No updates from them.
I called them this morning status is the same.

Security-Not started.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Today I completed 11 months of processing time. No updates from them.
I called them this morning status is the same.

Security-Not started.
11 months next week for me. They are still struggling to work from home. Hopefully with some restrictions lifting, then can increase in-office capacity and start tackling the backlog. The wait is tiring.

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
11 months next week for me. They are still struggling to work from home. Hopefully with some restrictions lifting, then can increase in-office capacity and start tackling the backlog. The wait is tiring.
IRCC did not start security, because it’s possible from in-office only, right?

Good to be true if they start to process backlog of applications

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
This is so fucked up for a so-called first world country. If they claimed they were having a hard time adjusting WFH during the first 6 months, I could accept that. Now that we are more than 15 months in this pandemic, they still use the same old lame excuse. I say FUCK YOU. On top of that lie, they issued COPRs to ppl submitted this year under that new program. Didn’t you say you had a hard time adjusting?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
This is so fucked up for a so-called first world country. If they claimed they were having a hard time adjusting WFH during the first 6 months, I could accept that. Now that we are more than 15 months in this pandemic, they still use the same old lame excuse. I say FUCK YOU. On top of that lie, they issued COPRs to ppl submitted this year under that new program. Didn’t you say you had a hard time adjusting?
They are mostly full of BS, but that’s the excuse they have at present, and they aren’t being transparent about their process, so we can only speculate at this point.

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
A very close friend of mine, who applied on April 27th just received his PR confirmation! I am extremely shocked at this! I don’t know what’s going on with IRCC! It’s really heart breaking! I don’t believe this is happening to us! he got the PR in less than 2 months

My AOR aug 16
Security not started
Its going to be 11 months!
I have no idea what to do!
soo many of my life plans have been at halt!
I cannot buy a house, cannot think about starting a business!
I don’t know what to say!!!

Reactions: Vlcbs and upon

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
Yeah. We are forgotten and IRCC don’t care about it. They need to process as much 2021 as possible.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
A very close friend of mine, who applied on April 27th just received his PR confirmation! I am extremely shocked at this! I don’t know what’s going on with IRCC! It’s really heart breaking! I don’t believe this is happening to us! he got the PR in less than 2 months

My AOR aug 16
Security not started
IRCC standard this year for PR is 2 months. It’s inexplicable. They’re actively giving out PR fir May 2021 applicants now

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020

My AOR aug 16
Security not started
I feel that it’s with all of us .. for me it’s going to be 11 months soon in two weeks and my medical is expiring too.. people like me who are out of Canada are too stuck with this thought that where to get settled down in future. They are not passing or rejecting applications and it’s frustrating.

Reactions: Brocol

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi Folks

is there file to followup in progress cases and to check time lines with Aug 2020 applicants ? Looking for someone

Thanks
Badar

Delay

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hi Folks

is there file to followup in progress cases and to check time lines with Aug 2020 applicants ? Looking for someone

Thanks
Badar
Most recent update:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your permanent residence application is still in process.

At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're working at full capacity to process applications. You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

Interpretation:

We did not bother to check your info and we were pretending to process your application but we stopped pretending recently.

At this time, we have everything but I am not gonna do anything about it and you cannot do anything about us as well. ;)

Due to COVID-19(ofc is due to COVID, not us), your application is delayed but we are processing new applications so that we can tell our useless gov that we are working so hard and still maintained our ordinary slow return time. (Just won't mention those 14-month applications that still have security not start, everything is fine). You are gonna keep experiencing delays as we will not work on your case in a while. :cool: