***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
What a stupid action, if it is the case then these f&@?/) are playing with people’s emotions. Some applicants according this forums has passed 12 months.

How can people unite with their families or plan things ahead.
What if they reject someone’s application after 8 to 12 months?

What a waste of time, IRCC should be the least productive government agency/ministry in Canada.
Just butting in here. I’m from May 2020. 14 months waiting now. May 16, 2020 actually and there are hundreds if not thousands like me. We have done all that can be done as per Twitter, writing immigration minister, PM, MPs. CEC inland, still my security is not started. Completely disgusted with the whole IRCC shenanigans

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Just butting in here. I’m from May 2020. 14 months waiting now. May 16, 2020 actually and there are hundreds if not thousands like me. We have done all that can be done as per Twitter, writing immigration minister, PM, MPs. CEC inland, still my security is not started. Completely disgusted with the whole IRCC shenanigans
Wow that’s a so so unfair.
Can’t we start a electronic petition or something?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Wow that’s a so so unfair.
Can’t we start a electronic petition or something?
There are some petitions going on with more than 2500 signatures. No one looks at it. Just a waste of time. Sorry to say but we’re all stuck and at the officers mercy for now unless there’s a public policy that explicitly says they should follow FIFO. The officers pick up files they fancy

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
There are some petitions going on with more than 2500 signatures. No one looks at it. Just a waste of time. Sorry to say but we’re all stuck and at the officers mercy for now unless there’s a public policy that explicitly says they should follow FIFO. The officers pick up files they fancy
In my experience, petitions would need much more than a critical mass of 2500 signatures to really get any attention. And they’d need to be coupled with consistent press coverage. Neither of which have happened yet.

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
I hope CBC news can make enough public attention to force IRCC pay attention to 2020 applicants and finalize it. But - i dont think it will speed up process anyway.

also i want to quote part of this article in this post.

CBC News reached out to the office of Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino for comment.

The office sent a statement that says the pandemic has led to delays in processing times as offices closed and immigration workers shifted to working from home. The statement also says the ministry is taking steps to modernize the immigration system in ways that will speed up applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasaman and Vlcbs

Sunilgopal1981

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Till today no update after everything is passed from march.from tomorrow long weekend ircc wont work,how to expect anything as in update that last week we are processing 9th Aug-15aug applications, am 10th aug applicant but didn't receive anything,any other ppl between that period got any update or copr?

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Till today no update after everything is passed from march.from tomorrow long weekend ircc wont work,how to expect anything as in update that last week we are processing 9th Aug-15aug applications, am 10th aug applicant but didn't receive anything,any other ppl between that period got any update or copr?
That update is a pure lie and a disgusting disguise, just like whatever lame excuse they will come up with the genocide of First Nations. They just want us to think that they are working full capacity but they probably have never done that. Many from March, April, June, July, me included, with everything passed still have NOT been finalized.

Reactions: Delay

CAP5

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Urgent: Can someone pleas etell me how much time do we get before we have to reply back for email for uploading Photos on portal??

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
That update is a pure lie and a disgusting disguise, just like whatever lame excuse they will come up with the genocide of First Nations. They just want us to think that they are working full capacity but they probably have never done that. Many from March, April, June, July, me included, with everything passed still have NOT been finalized.
Wow, that's a little bit of dark for what's going on here. But I feel you my friend. I'm stuck on security myself.

Reactions: Vlcbs

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
A
And I agree the process could be more fair towards our 2020 applicants. Shame on the procrastination, and bureaucracy.

Reactions: Vlcbs
May 10, 2021
I can’t believe this is happening to us! I’m an outland cec and I probably will miss my university because I still don’t have copr after 10 months!!!!! Now I have to defer my program for one year !!! This is so unfair we have do to something they completely dismiss our applications on purpose

Reactions: zupermarn

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
I can’t believe this is happening to us! I’m an outland cec and I probably will miss my university because I still don’t have copr after 10 months!!!!! Now I have to defer my program for one year !!! This is so unfair we have do to something they completely dismiss our applications on purpose
This sucks! Man sorry to hear that!