+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I don't want to spread negativity but today I saw someone post at quora from 10th june that she had applied PR in september 2019 and still waiting for reply. Her file is in backlog like us.. :(
I've stated to believe It'd be no surprise if it took me this long as well looking at the way things are going.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Can’t we contact the minister and inform this injustice.

2021 applicants are getting their COPRs but not us.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/minister.html
You won't be the first, or last, person, to attempt to contact the Immigration Minister to alert them to exceedingly long processing times. They are aware, they have all the data and numbers, and it isn't a priority for them to fix, mainly because (in this instance) they have a global pandemic that they can point to as a disruption of their services and processes.

Their response? They hired 62 new employees for the CPC-Sydney office. And then put them on family class overseas applications. Like that would make any significant dent in their backlog.

All the main processing offices are still operating at severely reduced capacity. For as long as there is a pandemic to point to, the delayed processing of applications isn't a problem for them, and thus, they do not really care.

That's the reality of the situation. I encourage all those still waiting to strap in for a wait of close to, if not more than, a year.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
You won't be the first, or last, person, to attempt to contact the Immigration Minister to alert them to exceedingly long processing times. They are aware, they have all the data and numbers, and it isn't a priority for them to fix, mainly because (in this instance) they have a global pandemic that they can point to as a disruption of their services and processes.

Their response? They hired 62 new employees for the CPC-Sydney office. And then put them on family class overseas applications. Like that would make any significant dent in their backlog.

All the main processing offices are still operating at severely reduced capacity. For as long as there is a pandemic to point to, the delayed processing of applications isn't a problem for them, and thus, they do not really care.

That's the reality of the situation. I encourage all those still waiting to strap in for a wait of close to, if not more than, a year.
But my question is why IRCC giving more priority for 2021 applicants when there are thousands of applications from 2020 has passed the six months processing period.

Is not it unfair?

Why can’t they just clear the back log first.

hbsingh

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021
But my question is why IRCC giving more priority for 2021 applicants when there are thousands of applications from 2020 has passed the six months processing period.

Is not it unfair?

The only way I can see to prepare common letter and all of us sign and send to media, Ministry of immigration and PMO

Delay

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021

Is not it unfair?

Cuz they are retarded :p

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021

Is not it unfair?

My guess is that they have quotas to fill, that's why they are focusing on the applications that are most current. Yes, the Express entry is not very "express", I know.

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
My guess is that they have quotas to fill, that's why they are focusing on the applications that are most current. Yes, the Express entry is not very "express", I know.
Would be a nice thing to refund us the application fee if the processing time is overdue :D

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

Is not it unfair?

Because their stated service standard has always been 6 months. They get measured on how close the yearly average is to that number. The more 2021 applications they can process under 6 months, the better they can say their year end numbers are “in spite of the difficulties they faced during the global pandemic”

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Because their stated service standard has always been 6 months. They get measured on how close the yearly average is to that number. The more 2021 applications they can process under 6 months, the better they can say their year end numbers are “in spite of the difficulties they faced during the global pandemic”
What a stupid action, if it is the case then these f&@?/) are playing with people’s emotions. Some applicants according this forums has passed 12 months.

How can people unite with their families or plan things ahead.
What if they reject someone’s application after 8 to 12 months?

What a waste of time, IRCC should be the least productive government agency/ministry in Canada.