Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - in my gcms notes i see “Officer review - Application appears RFV” No indicators of concern on file.
integrated search - NAI. Eligibility, criminality passed. File Approval.

what does it mean
The notes suggests that your application is "ready for visa" based on the officers review, and there were no concerns of criminality, HIRV - Human and International Rights Violation, and the FOSS search indicates "No adverse information" in the database.

Soundarrajan

Oct 13, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Primary Ottawa , Secondary : Etobicoke
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-July-2020
AOR Received.
30-August-2020
The notes suggests that your application is "ready for visa" based on the officers review, and there were no concerns of criminality, HIRV - Human and International Rights Violation, and the FOSS search indicates "No adverse information" in the database.
Thanks @legalfalcon . Does it mean the application is approved and issuance of copr is pending?

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
To all the August folks still waiting, keep hanging in there.
Hey Esco, Its been almost going to be 10 months.

any idea what's going on?

My AOR is 16th August 2020
everything passed except security not started.

I am just looking for a reason for the delay, like what's happening?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

COVID is the most likely delay (sounds like they still aren't back up to optimal capacity in-person at their respective offices). That and they are prioritizing more recent applications. My thoughts on that here.

At least you've passed stages, I'm still on recommend Pass for Eligibility and my Criminality has been in progress since October of last year.

Sunilgopal1981

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Praiseeeeee the Lord..... Finally approved

I’m sure some people already have seen my messages so many times on this forum. I’m always crying about when Etobicoke visa office will email me, finally the day has come

AOR- Aug 18 2020
Medical passed- October 7, 2020
Criminality passed- Jan 18, 2021

GU- Sometime in Feb
Passed all stages - March 26
Complete silence since then
I decided to email my MP this past Tuesday, May 25
And to my surprise, I got the long awaited email today- May 28 from Etobicoke to confirm some details
Note: Emailing your MP when your application has stalled for long surely has its rewards.

@EscoBlades thank you for all your assistance,you will rejoice soon too @legalfalcon thank you for all you do, God bless you abundantly

For those still waiting, you will all rejoice soon

I’m about to enjoy this weekend
Hi, I emailed local mp last sat and today he mailed saying ircc asked to verify my country of origin and address and I replied him back n waiting.so what can I expect? Anything good or still have to wait

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
COVID is the most likely delay (sounds like they still aren't back up to optimal capacity in-person at their respective offices).
Covid is just an exuse. More likely that we are under enhanced background/security screening for some reason and now we cant do anything with it. screening can take up to 18 month for 80% cases and longer for complex. But i have no idea what can they screen so many time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delay

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Covid is just an exuse. More likely that we are under enhanced security screening for some reason and now we cant do anything with it. screening can take up to 18 month for 80% cases and longer for complex. But i have no idea what can they screen so many time.
If you were under enhanced Security, you'd know, as there are ways to see this via GCMS/CBSA notes.

Specifically regarding Security, a senior Officer needs to initiate the process manually (it isn't automatic like some other stages). And Security is handled by a number of 3rd party organizations. I mention COVID because CSIS, CBSA, and others have all been affected by the virus in terms of their workforce and ability to process batch requests from and to IRCC.

Bottom line is, some processes and stages require Officers to physically go into the offices to enact. COVID has reduced the number of physical staff that IRCC can have at a VO at any one time. And that also impacted their shifts. The organization has really struggled to prep their workforce to work from home. This is one of the reasons why files are waiting ages to be pulled from the queue, and then suddenly all stages pass at once.

All of the above wouldn't be so much of a problem if they had been transparent about it, and not shifted to protecting their stats by prioritizing more recent applications from early this year, while 9+ month old applications gather dust in the backlog. It reeks of inefficiency and incompetence. I try not to think too much about it these days.

Reactions: intl_stu and Dnrvl

lins90

Jun 14, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-08-2020
LANDED..........
29-08-2021
Hi, I emailed local mp last sat and today he mailed saying ircc asked to verify my country of origin and address and I replied him back n waiting.so what can I expect? Anything good or still have to wait
I believe something positive is going to happen

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon . Does it mean the application is approved and issuance of copr is pending?
This is only a remark, which means that the application is ready for visa issuance subject to other checks, such as security. Security is usually the last stage.

To read on security and how long it takes, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
@Sunilgopal1981 apologies for the late response
I am optimistic that you should expect good news. Most times, they ask for details to gain access to your application. I am wishing you the very best

Please post your good news on here when it comes so we can celebrate with you

Reactions: Soundarrajan

Delay

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021

Cuz IRCC is a lottery system and your application will be processed once your profile is luckly picked by the hardworking officer among the big pile :p

Last edited:

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
The mercies of the Lord is great for all those that believe..... Finally, I became a Canadian PR today. It all took 4 business days and God changed my story for the best.- see below

AOR - Aug 18, 2020
VO: Ottawa
Passed all stages : March 26
Emailed my MP on May 25 for assistance due to the delay
First email ( portal confirmation): Friday May 28, responded same day
An officer reached back to me on Monday May31 asking the same details: I responded within 10 mins
Received portal credentials yesterday, June 2 and I uploaded and declared I’m in Canada within minutes
Today, June 3 at about 10:20, I received multiple emails- logged into my acccount and behold, I was able to download my ECOPR

All this happened this week- Monday to today (Thursday)
I sincerely cannot advise people to be patient because believe me, I understand how it feels
All I can say is it will worth the wait. Good luck lovelies