+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
*OFFICER REVIEW-APPLICATION* FOSS/GCMS NAI FAMILY COMPOSITION: MARRIED; Marriage certificate is on file; Spouse is NOT ACCOMPANYING ******A11.2 ASSESSMENT/ R87.1 ELIGIBILITY****** Canadian Work Experience -Following review of the application, FOSS history, employment, language test results and upon analysis -1 am satisfied on balance of probabilities the PA meets eligibility requirements of CEC Section R87.1 of the Regulations. I am satisfied the applicant meets the requirement of A11.2/R87.1 A11.2 Met Selection EE Econ -PASSED *****ADMISSIBILITY***** CRIMINALITY: PA: PASSED, valid until 2021/10/08
MEDICAL: PASSED RPRF: PAID PASSPORT: valid 6+ months COR: (Canada) verified INFOSHARING: *Pending FBI Clearance*

I received Gcms notes,
can you please tell what's going on?

info sharing in progress
security not started!!!

plus where can I find about enhanced screening? where is it mention usually?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
*OFFICER REVIEW-APPLICATION* FOSS/GCMS NAI FAMILY COMPOSITION: MARRIED; Marriage certificate is on file; Spouse is NOT ACCOMPANYING ******A11.2 ASSESSMENT/ R87.1 ELIGIBILITY****** Canadian Work Experience -Following review of the application, FOSS history, employment, language test results and upon analysis -1 am satisfied on balance of probabilities the PA meets eligibility requirements of CEC Section R87.1 of the Regulations. I am satisfied the applicant meets the requirement of A11.2/R87.1 A11.2 Met Selection EE Econ -PASSED *****ADMISSIBILITY***** CRIMINALITY: PA: PASSED, valid until 2021/10/08
MEDICAL: PASSED RPRF: PAID PASSPORT: valid 6+ months COR: (Canada) verified INFOSHARING: *Pending FBI Clearance*

I received Gcms notes,
can you please tell what's going on?

info sharing in progress
security not started!!!

plus where can I find about enhanced screening? where is it mention usually?
Your Eligibility and Criminality are passed. Info Sharing will complete when IRCC receive some pending info back from the FBI. Security will have to be initiated by the officer, assuming it hasn’t already in the background.

V919

Apr 3, 2021
These sections relate to the Privacy Act:

Information about another individual

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) about an individual other than the individual who made the request, and shall refuse to disclose such information where the disclosure is prohibited under section 8.

International affairs and defence

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, or the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information listed in paragraphs 15(1)(a) to (i) of the Access to Information Act.

Not all information is subject to disclosure in the GCMS notes and IRCC / CBSA or any other federal agency can redact certain information under the various provisions of the Access to Information act or the Privacy Act.

There is nothing to be concerned about. All GCMS notes will have certain information redacted under these provisions, specially 21.

As regards s. 26, if you had a dependent in your application over the age of 16, then their consent is required to obtain their information. If there was no consent from them, then their information is redacted.
@legalfalcon Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.
Can you please clarify this one too: over the call IRCC call Center Rep. said my BG is passed. So is it passed or still under process as I have s.21 and s.26 on the notes? My notes clearly indicates that criminality is PASSED.

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Your Eligibility and Criminality are passed. Info Sharing will complete when IRCC receive some pending info back from the FBI. Security will have to be initiated by the officer, assuming it hasn’t already in the background.
I was requested for FBI police clearance certificate!
I submitted that on April 14th

I am not sure if that is what they were looking for!
Nobody has touched my profile after the submission of the FBI certificate!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.
Can you please clarify this one too: over the call IRCC call Center Rep. said my BG is passed. So is it passed or still under process as I have s.21 and s.26 on the notes? My notes clearly indicates that criminality is PASSED.
S21 and 26 have nothing to do with BGC. BGC comprises of criminality and security.

Criminality is based on the PCCs and the biometrics you provide. see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Where as security is usually the last stage and starts after security is passed. See https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: shredder

V919

Apr 3, 2021

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Did your MP reply to your email? Do you think emailing your MP escalated the processing time? I emailed mine but haven't heard back from them yet.
@Delay When I emailed my MP on May 25, he responded the same day in about an hour and asked for some details...... so I think his inquiry helped to an extent. I hope you get a positive response soon, good luck to you

Reactions: Jasaman

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I was requested for FBI police clearance certificate!
I submitted that on April 14th

I am not sure if that is what they were looking for!
Nobody has touched my profile after the submission of the FBI certificate!
Same here, mate. They requested my Military Certificate which I submitted on April 13 and Security has not started yet. Everything else passed. AOR Aug 25.
I guess our applications went back to the end of the pile!

Sunilgopal1981

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
  • Below is the reply I got from mp,and some details abt background chks.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: lins90

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
  • Below is the reply I got from mp,and some details abt background chks.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
This is the default cliche. I got an email saying that from uploading my new passport via webform.

Apr 3, 2021
Hi Guys today I got the portal email and I logged in, confirmed I am in Canada, gave my address and provided my photo. What are the next steps? How long does the COPR doc usually take? I have been fully vaccinated and am allowed by my work to work from Pakistan. Is it okay for me to travel after I get that white paper (COPR) and also how long does the actual card take from this time?
@legalfalcon can you kindly look into this and let me know if you have any idea how long does this take?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can you kindly look into this and let me know if you have any idea how long does this take?
It can take 1-2 weeks. After your receive the COPR, you have PR status and you can travel anywhere. However, to return you will need a Pr card or PRTD.