+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
The mercies of the Lord is great for all those that believe..... Finally, I became a Canadian PR today. It all took 4 business days and God changed my story for the best.- see below

AOR - Aug 18, 2020
VO: Ottawa
Passed all stages : March 26
Emailed my MP on May 25 for assistance due to the delay
First email ( portal confirmation): Friday May 28, responded same day
An officer reached back to me on Monday May31 asking the same details: I responded within 10 mins
Received portal credentials yesterday, June 2 and I uploaded and declared I’m in Canada within minutes
Today, June 3 at about 10:20, I received multiple emails- logged into my acccount and behold, I was able to download my ECOPR

All this happened this week- Monday to today (Thursday)
I sincerely cannot advise people to be patient because believe me, I understand how it feels
All I can say is it will worth the wait. Good luck lovelies
This is great news!

Sunilgopal1981

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
The mercies of the Lord is great for all those that believe..... Finally, I became a Canadian PR today. It all took 4 business days and God changed my story for the best.- see below

AOR - Aug 18, 2020
An officer reached back to me on Monday May31 asking the same details: I responded within 10 mins
Received portal credentials yesterday, June 2 and I uploaded and declared I’m in Canada within minutes
Today, June 3 at about 10:20, I received multiple emails- logged into my acccount and behold, I was able to download my ECOPR

I sincerely cannot advise people to be patient because believe me, I understand how it feels
Congrats.

Reactions: Temitee002

hbsingh

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021

AOR - Aug 18, 2020

Congrats .................

Apr 3, 2021
Hi Guys today I got the portal email and I logged in, confirmed I am in Canada, gave my address and provided my photo. What are the next steps? How long does the COPR doc usually take? I have been fully vaccinated and am allowed by my work to work from Pakistan. Is it okay for me to travel after I get that white paper (COPR) and also how long does the actual card take from this time?

lins90

Jun 14, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-08-2020
LANDED..........
29-08-2021
Hi, I emailed local mp last sat and today he mailed saying ircc asked to verify my country of origin and address and I replied him back n waiting.so what can I expect? Anything good or still have to wait
Hi, have you got any reply ?

pjsandhu

Oct 28, 2020
Here is my timeline
CEC inland
ITA 14 What are the advantages and disadvantages of cell phonesFebruary 2021
AOR 07 April 2021
Medical upfront
Biometric exempt done 2019 while work permit
COPR today 03 june 2021
Good luck everyone for your applications

• A guy received his copr with in almost 2 month...

Delay

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021

AOR - Aug 18, 2020

Did your MP reply to your email? Do you think emailing your MP escalated the processing time? I emailed mine but haven't heard back from them yet.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Did your MP reply to your email? Do you think emailing your MP escalated the processing time? I emailed mine but haven't heard back from them yet.
I emailed mine and it seemingly didn’t influence anything. Technically they can’t influence anything regarding your application, but it seems that in some cases (anecdotally) an inquiry from an MP triggers some overdue movement. My guess is it deoends on the officer handling your case.

V919

Apr 3, 2021
@legalfalcon can you please explain what does mean s21 and s26 on my GCMS notes? Is there anything to worry about? I had always mentioned everything crystal clear on my application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can you please explain what does mean s21 and s26 on my GCMS notes? Is there anything to worry about? I had always mentioned everything crystal clear on my application.
These sections relate to the Privacy Act:

Information about another individual

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) about an individual other than the individual who made the request, and shall refuse to disclose such information where the disclosure is prohibited under section 8.

International affairs and defence

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, or the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information listed in paragraphs 15(1)(a) to (i) of the Access to Information Act.

Not all information is subject to disclosure in the GCMS notes and IRCC / CBSA or any other federal agency can redact certain information under the various provisions of the Access to Information act or the Privacy Act.

There is nothing to be concerned about. All GCMS notes will have certain information redacted under these provisions, specially 21.

As regards s. 26, if you had a dependent in your application over the age of 16, then their consent is required to obtain their information. If there was no consent from them, then their information is redacted.