Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Hoping to see the August folks get good news this coming week!
Can't wait for good news to come along very soon. They have invited over 27,000 CEC resources with a score of 75 which means that the number of supporting documents requirements has gone down by a lot. I read somewhere that PCC + 1 year work exp + IELTS score (qualifying) should be sufficient (of course family applicants will have to give marriage certificate, child birth certificate etc.). I think this indicates 2 things.

1) Obviously that the CIC is working in full capacity. In no ways someone would call 27000 applicants if they didn't had a plan. Looks like all the CIC employees got vaccinated and hence back to their regular work :cool:. It would be interesting to know if they hired more resources for this. There has to be a plan and hopefully a good one.

2) Micro analysis of many of the other documents won't be done as long as basic criteria's are fulfilled and this should impact current applicants too. Because, end result is immigration acceptance for CEC candidates and it makes no sense to micro manage the ones that had applied prior to this draw. The policy wouldn't differ for CEC candidates based on when they applied but rather it will now be a blanket policy. It does give me some hope that we'll see quite a bit of movement in the next couple weeks.

Editing to add: activities like background check etc will still process as planned. Also, I am just speculating.

Experts welcome to comment.

Last edited:

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It would be interesting to know if they hired more resources for this.
I've seen A LOT more IRCC job postings, especially for case Analysts. So hoping that is a sign (albeit anecdotal) of them ramping up resources and workforce to handle more applications safely.

Harry22chahal

Aug 20, 2020
Congrats!!! hope you get PR confirmation email soon. Anyone else got AOR 4th Aug and still waiting like me?
I just called IRCC today and got the update for my application.
  • Eligibility: passed
  • Security check: in progress
  • Criminal check: not started
My AOR: August 28
how we can get this information .through web form or by calling them. if doing it by calling, which option needs to be chosen.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
how we can get this information .through web form or by calling them. if doing it by calling, which option needs to be chosen.
3 options:

1: Webform. Note that currently, webform responses are taking longer than usual due to COVID.

2: Call IRCC. You might not get through to an agent on your first second, or even 3rd tries. But you have to keep trying till it puts you in the queue, or gives you the option for a call back (available to those calling from inside Canada). You have a better chance of getting through to an agent at certain times of day, the most quoted being as close to when they open at 8am local time. The options you need to select on the phone are pretty self explanatory, just listen to the automated recordings and select the appropriate numbers.

3: Order GCMS notes. If you are inside Canada, this is free to do via the Access To Information online request page here - https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
(Note that GCMS notes take on average, 30 days to arrive, and the information in them may be outdated by the time you get them, depending on when the notes are physically generated.

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Called CIC Today;

AOR 14th Aug, 2020
Everything are recommended pass.

Anyone who also have their police certificate mailed to the Visa office? It's been over 2 months since the document was delivered. I called today, it's still not in the system yet.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Called CIC Today;

AOR 14th Aug, 2020
Everything are recommended pass.

Anyone who also have their police certificate mailed to the Visa office? It's been over 2 months since the document was delivered. I called today, it's still not in the system yet.
Delivered? Why didn't you upload it via the webform?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks to the police department to my country, they do not give you the police certificate. They have to mail it themselves.
Ahh okay. GCMS notes might shed some more light on the situation. You'll at least be able to see incoming correspondence to IRCC concerning your application. It might be that they have received the document, but an Officer has yet to review it and pair it with your application. Is your Criminality Recommend Pass or still In progress due to the outstanding PCC?

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Ahh okay. GCMS notes might shed some more light on the situation. You'll at least be able to see incoming correspondence to IRCC concerning your application. It might be that they have received the document, but an Officer has yet to review it and pair it with your application. Is your Criminality Recommend Pass or still In progress due to the outstanding PCC?
Criminality is still in progress, I called CIC every 2 weeks to see it the document is in the system yet. I have sent the police certificate to the Sydney office (On the request letter), but my application is in Ottawa. I mean, GCMS notes is going to take a month. I don't have any criminal background, and everything else is recommended pass, it's just the damn police certificate that's needed to be reviewed.

Reactions: dgeorge

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Criminality is still in progress, I called CIC every 2 weeks to see it the document is in the system yet. I have sent the police certificate to the Sydney office (On the request letter), but my application is in Ottawa. I mean, GCMS notes is going to take a month. I don't have any criminal background, and everything else is recommended pass, it's just the damn police certificate that's needed to be reviewed.
when did you submit your pcc?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It would need to be transferred from whoever received it in the Sydney office to the officer handling your case in Ottawa. Unfortunately, your Criminality will remain in progress until they get it. Depending on how long, you might get an ADR from Ottawa asking for the certificate. I suggest you figure out a way to get the PCC from the police department that issued it so you can upload it via the webform yourself. It would be much faster.

Purely a suggestion though.