+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
I used to call them every two weeks as well, mostly because I couldn't control my anxiety. Usually when I called, the agents asked what he/she could do for me today, then put me on hold and returned with whatever updates he/she had. The last time I called was on 01 Feb. Surprisingly, the male agent asked WHY I called today. He only checked my account once I had done explaining to him why I called. A little bizarre.

When you encounter someone like that, who is unwilling to give out any info. Say thanks and hang up. Your time is very important, hang up and call the other one.

Out of all my calls to them I only encountered a mean agent once (she was exactly the same as described by someone above, didn't put me on hold to check my file, rather asked me questions like 'what did the agent told you last time' ...'it is the same' lol).

I said thanks for letting me know, have a nice day and hung up and right away called again, the next agent was soo pleasant like all others, they put me on hold, checked my info and give me the answers.

So, don't waste your time, hang up and call the next one.

Reactions: dgeorge and Vinami

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I called them yesterday to my surprise I got to hear different this time
that my Eligibility is Recommended Pass.
Criminality in progress (it has been in progress since long even before eligibility started)
Security not started yet
Background check in progress (same as criminality)
Info sharing complete.
My AOR is 30th Aug. VO Ottawa.

Can some one please let me know what is Info Sharing and at what stage of application do they do it?

Reactions: Vinami and yay_321

Fiona 512

Feb 12, 2021
Criminality in progress (it has been in progress since long even before eligibility started)
Security not started yet
Info sharing complete.

Can some one please let me know what is Info Sharing and at what stage of application do they do it?
I believe info sharing is the link your biometrics. They usually do that in the beginning - I’m guessing this as most people have their biometrics completed while waiting for the eligibility to be finalized.

Reactions: JunedS

renucman

Feb 16, 2021
Hello,

I have been living in Canada since 2018 on Closed Work Permit and want to apply for PR through Express Entry (Canadian Experience Class). I married in 2019 and my wife is already a Permanent resident and have been living in Canada since 2015. I do not want to apply through the Family sponsorship program due to high processing time.

1) Can I apply for Express Entry with this condition?
2) And if Yes, should I mention my wife as accompanying or non-accompanying?
3) Does applicant have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? Should I mention "YES" and select "SPOUSE" from the dropdown?

Need assistance\guidance for above questions?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Security not started yet
Info sharing complete.

Info Sharing is done alongside Criminality, and refers to the sharing of biometric info between the Five Country Conference (FCC) that consists of the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Reactions: JunedS

LittleBoy1998

Nov 24, 2020
My AOR is august 20
Just called ircc agent today and he told me everything but security is passed.
Security is not started yet... any idea how long it will take for them to process the security? And what kind of info do they check in security?
Also on January 20th i was asked ti submit background declaration form.

Reactions: Vinami

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
My AOR is august 20
Just called ircc agent today and he told me everything but security is passed.
Security is not started yet... any idea how long it will take for them to process the security? And what kind of info do they check in security?
Also on January 20th i was asked ti submit background declaration form.
Can you rephrase your sentence, please? do you mean your eligibility is passed except security (which is not started)?

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Yes, as per mu conversation with the agent he told me. That security is not started yet. Everything else is passed
Sounds really good!! Are you Inland and Ottawa VO?

For security timeline, you can the refer the below link.
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/what-is-security-screening-comprehensive-guide/

As per the current trend (July AORs), the security is being processed between 1-30 days (period of time). Majority of the July AOR's security is processed within 2-3 weeks. This is completely my speculation not the legit source from IRCC.

LittleBoy1998

Nov 24, 2020
Sounds really good!! Are you Inland and Ottawa VO?

For security timeline, you can the refer the below link.
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/what-is-security-screening-comprehensive-guide/

As per the current trend (July AORs), the security is being processed between 1-30 days (period of time). Majority of the July AOR's security is processed within 2-3 weeks. This is completely my speculation not the legit source from IRCC.
Inland CEC, not sure what my VO is, most likely it will be Vancouver as I’m in the northern part of BC (Prince George)

Reactions: Vengayam

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Does anyone know when was the last time their file was touched? If you ask in a call they will tell you, it also says on the top in GCMS notes as "Last Updated".

My file was last updated on Jan 5, 2021 and the status has been same since then:

Eligibility- Rec Pass
Criminality - In progress
Security - Not Started

If we can share the date of last update or the date file was last touched, we can kinda guess how far they are with file processing.