+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019application: Medical waiver for test and oath

vic_guy3

Jul 7, 2013
Hi,

My brother submitted his citizenship application in August 2019. In the application, it was clearly noted that he has a severe mental disability and we will require a medical waiver. We still got an email in July 2021 asking for a citizenship TEST which he clearly cannot complete. After he got the citizenship test request, we emailed them the documentation from the doctor who completed the medical assessment and formally diagnosed him for severe autism. They acknowledged the receipt of that documentation and informed us that the application is now waiting for an officer to review the medical waiver request and it is a long list.

It has been almost 2.5 years since this citizenship application was submitted. Is there anyone else who went through a medical waiver during the pandemic and can you tell us how long this process might take.

Thank you

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hi,

My brother submitted his citizenship application in August 2019. In the application, it was clearly noted that he has a severe mental disability and we will require a medical waiver. We still got an email in July 2021 asking for a citizenship TEST which he clearly cannot complete. After he got the citizenship test request, we emailed them the documentation from the doctor who completed the medical assessment and formally diagnosed him for severe autism. They acknowledged the receipt of that documentation and informed us that the application is now waiting for an officer to review the medical waiver request and it is a long list.

It has been almost 2.5 years since this citizenship application was submitted. Is there anyone else who went through a medical waiver during the pandemic and can you tell us how long this process might take.

Thank you
Hello
Did you received update on the oath waive. I sent my form in last April for my daughter who can’t complete oath. Myself received citizenship certificate while still waiting for my daughter approval.
Please share if you have any update. Hope the best and thank you.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Did everything get moving finally ? My son is autistic and couldn’t take the oath. I have got my citizenship certificate and they said they will send a waiver for oath form and until now nothing. Did you daughter get the waiver finally ?
thanks
Anyone get updates on oath waiver request.
Our application sent in November 2020, we received citizenship certificate may 2022, but daughter still waiting for oath waiver request.
It’s one year since we submitted her medical forms. No clue yet..

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
Anyone get updates on oath waiver request.
Our application sent in November 2020, we received citizenship certificate may 2022, but daughter still waiting for oath waiver request.
It’s one year since we submitted her medical forms. No clue yet..
This is really not acceptable. Being side tracked for being special needs.
My son’s medical form as well has not been sent for completion to me.
I don't think there is so many medical waivers! Dunno what to do here really.

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
Quick update . After 7 months finally my son has received his Canadian Citizenship . All the best to everyone waiting in this forum. Hope everyone has got their certificates too.

zak89

Jan 24, 2023
Quick update . After 7 months finally my son has received his Canadian Citizenship . All the best to everyone waiting in this forum. Hope everyone has got their certificates too.

Congratulations to you and your family.

Can you please share the steps you took to get the process completed. I have a similar situation with my adult brother who is unable to take test or oath due to his medical condition. IRCC request the following as below but process still pending as of now:

1.) Citizenship Test Assigned - FEB 24, 2023
We contacted IRCC Customer Service to cancel per the direction on the letter due to the medical condition.
2.) Medical waiver Request by IRCC provided - MAR 01, 2023
Waiver Submitted - MAR 03, 2023
3.) Legal Guardian Affidavit Request - Jun 27, 2023
Affidavit Submitted - July 4, 2023

Case still pending, MP contact IRCC on Sep 1, 2023 but no luck, IRCC stated this application is "non-routine" and they don't have a time as when it will be completed by or have any updates.

Any feedback is really appreciated.

Thank you

ShajBD

Aug 12, 2023

Can you please share the steps you took to get the process completed. I have a similar situation with my adult brother who is unable to take test or oath due to his medical condition. IRCC request the following as below but process still pending as of now:

We contacted IRCC Customer Service to cancel per the direction on the letter due to the medical condition.

Case still pending, MP contact IRCC on Sep 1, 2023 but no luck, IRCC stated this application is "non-routine" and they don't have a time as when it will be completed by or have any updates.

Thank you

Thank you
Hello,
I applied for citizenship application for my son who is special child and unable to attend for oath and test for medical reason. Now i got Legal Guardian affidavit request, i need one support to answer the below in the affidavit

I believe ------------------------------ should obtain Canadian citizenship because ---------------------
( name of applicant ) ( state reason for wanting citizenship )

zak89

Jan 24, 2023
Hello,
I applied for citizenship application for my son who is special child and unable to attend for oath and test for medical reason. Now i got Legal Guardian affidavit request, i need one support to answer the below in the affidavit

I believe ------------------------------ should obtain Canadian citizenship because ---------------------
Hello,

I am not an attorney and have not consulted one for this. But for my brother, they asked for the same affidavit. As my mom is his guardian, we stated that the whole family is in Canada. As he is a dependent on my mom and me financially/daily support, its best for him to stay with us as the family wants to stay in Canada. Also, there are better accommodation for handicap people here in Canada compared to my home country Pakistan. It will make things much easier for him and the family. Hence best for him to stay here and become a citizen.

Reactions: ShajBD

zak89

Jan 24, 2023
ShajBD, if you can do me a favor, is it possible for you to share some timeline for your case. Will definitely give an idea to me and others in the future in the same situation in regards to how long it takes to complete the process. I tried everything on my end to get this completed. My mom and brother applied for the citizenship together, she got hers in September 2023. His is still pending till now. Last i heard from them was asking for this affidavit back in Jun of 2023.

ShajBD

Aug 12, 2023
I am not an attorney and have not consulted one for this. But for my brother, they asked for the same affidavit. As my mom is his guardian, we stated that the whole family is in Canada. As he is a dependent on my mom and me financially/daily support, its best for him to stay with us as the family wants to stay in Canada. Also, there are better accommodation for handicap people here in Canada compared to my home country Pakistan. It will make things much easier for him and the family. Hence best for him to stay here and become a citizen.
Thanks for your quick reply and support

ShajBD

Aug 12, 2023
ShajBD, if you can do me a favor, is it possible for you to share some timeline for your case. Will definitely give an idea to me and others in the future in the same situation in regards to how long it takes to complete the process. I tried everything on my end to get this completed. My mom and brother applied for the citizenship together, she got hers in September 2023. His is still pending till now. Last i heard from them was asking for this affidavit back in Jun of 2023.
Hello Zak89,
My one taking very long and not yet completed. I applied my son application with my all the family members in 2022 march . I have completed my test in August 2022 after that no update .
I am pushing to IRCC through local MP but no update till date .
2 days back I got email regarding affidavit documents for my son .
so upset

zak89

Jan 24, 2023
Hello Zak89,
My one taking very long and not yet completed. I applied my son application with my all the family members in 2022 march . I have completed my test in August 2022 after that no update .
I am pushing to IRCC through local MP but no update till date .
2 days back I got email regarding affidavit documents for my son .
so upset
Yes, i totally understand and feel you. In similar situation as you with my family. I thought because he doesn't have to go through test and oath, it should be faster. But unfortunately, its the opposite. I can just pray for all of us that the process gets completed fast. Very stressful and upsetting situation as well on my end as my brother in US is awaiting the family to attend his wedding and pushed it a year due to the citizenship processing for my mom and brother. But not sure if my brother will be able to attend. Once again, not much we can do than just pray for this process to complete fast.

ShajBD

Aug 12, 2023
Hello congratulations for your Son citizenship. My one question did you received Affidavit from ? Before the application finalize