+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
So friends,
as our Journey comes to an end I would like to thank everybody on the forum for their advice and help.
And I would also like to encourage everybody to still continue to fill in the spreadsheet till the end.
I wish you and your wife a beautiful life here in Canada, I know those who are lucky to be born in this country often take it for granted, and sometimes they don't understand our journeys as immigrants (not their fault), but know that you are never alone, we are all trying to better ourselves so we can offer our future generations a better life, they might not understand that in the future either, but we know how much effort we have put into starting over, and that's all that matters, it will always be worth it even if it goes unrecognized.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish you and your wife a beautiful life here in Canada, I know those who are lucky to be born in this country often take it for granted, and sometimes they don't understand our journeys as immigrants (not their fault), but know that you are never alone, we are all trying to better ourselves so we can offer our future generations a better life, they might not understand that in the future either, but we know how much effort we have put into starting over, and that's all that matters, it will always be worth it even if it goes unrecognized.
True words

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Aug 16th Applicant here!

Very glad to hear that more and more of you are getting good news!

We just got two emails today, one to my spouse saying she has met the eligibility requirements to be a sponsor. The other was to me (the applicant) requesting further proof of cohabitation that we already submitted through the webform. I am also still waiting for a Police Certificate to be processed and sent to the office in Mississauga.

Good luck everyone, and congrats again for those who have PR now!

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
So happy to see everyone getting their AIPs, DMs and LI invitations! Can't help but be impatient to get ours. We're August 2nd. Stalking our account and checking my e-mail every single day... It's maddening! Hurry up, IRCC! :confused:

Getting at least an AIP or SA would relieve us from so much stress.

Reactions: mf2040

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I understand your concern and thats really weird that it doesnt show on your GCkey. So when I didnt know about the status of my medical exam, i called them and asked about it and Ive been told that I have passed the Medical and it will be shown on my account shortly. But if they said that there is nothing to worry, i wouldnt think about much. Just maybe call them again and simply ask your status. Im in the same boat as you, August 1 applicant and still no Sa,AIP, DM. I hope all the best for you
Thanks. We actually DID call them about a month ago. The call center agent told us he could see on our file that they had received the results and everything was clear. He also said it should update within a few days, but it never did. It's really weird.

Reactions: Rozalinda

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
hi
How you received the invitation pls ? by email or mail or via GCC
My husband (the applicant) got an email yesterday. I was surprised because it was the weekend but they do updates on weekends sometimes. CIC says the background check is still going and ECAS says decision made but the last update to it says they sent us correspondence Jan 21 (when they wanted a US criminal record check). But we both got SA and AIP so all good.

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Calgary is taking their sweet time sending out interview invitations! Congrats to everyone :)

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Anyone who’s got their interview letter, did it include this part?

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class

• Your sponsor must be present
  • You must provide evidence of cohabitation

I know Sponsor has to be present but did y’all get asked the proof of cohabitation too? Probably me overthinking and stressing but I’d hate to fall at the final hurdle!!!

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Anyone who’s got their interview letter, did it include this part?

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class

• Your sponsor must be present
  • You must provide evidence of cohabitation

I know Sponsor has to be present but did y’all get asked the proof of cohabitation too? Probably me overthinking and stressing but I’d hate to fall at the final hurdle!!!
No, ours doesn’t say that. Are you married or common-law? We’re married. Under notes, ours says:

Ø If you are sponsored, your sponsor must be present for the interview and will need to provide photo identification.

That’s it.

WilliamShakesBeer

Oct 13, 2017
No, ours doesn’t say that. Are you married or common-law? We’re married. Under notes, ours says:

Ø If you are sponsored, your sponsor must be present for the interview and will need to provide photo identification.

That’s it.
Same for me, the letter didn't say that. But I didn't "landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class". I have been here on a Working Holiday visa before.