+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Just to double-check... Does anyone else's account still show "We haven't received the results of your medical", even though they've been sent forever ago? Our physician submitted them through eMedical on January 3rd. The agent at the IRCC call center said they had received them and not to worry, but y'all know how reliable the call center is... haha

Anyone else? (Background check is still showing as processing, at least. Waiting on SA/AIP and all that good stuff... We're August 2nd 2019!)

Rozalinda

Dec 30, 2018
Just to double-check... Does anyone else's account still show "We haven't received the results of your medical", even though they've been sent forever ago? Our physician submitted them through eMedical on January 3rd. The agent at the IRCC call center said they had received them and not to worry, but y'all know how reliable the call center is... haha

Anyone else? (Background check is still showing as processing, at least. Waiting on SA/AIP and all that good stuff... We're August 2nd 2019!)
I understand your concern and thats really weird that it doesnt show on your GCkey. So when I didnt know about the status of my medical exam, i called them and asked about it and Ive been told that I have passed the Medical and it will be shown on my account shortly. But if they said that there is nothing to worry, i wouldnt think about much. Just maybe call them again and simply ask your status. Im in the same boat as you, August 1 applicant and still no Sa,AIP, DM. I hope all the best for you

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Good news came in this morning! I just got AIP and DM today. Office is Calgary. My application was received on Aug 13 and medical exam passed on Dec 13.
Congratulations Rach!!! So Happy you got PR! Im waiting for mine still. finger's crossed it comes through soon :)
Time for you to celebrate!

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

smellingland

Dec 12, 2019
Just got what I assume is DM.

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

We also got the SA email. I'm a bit confused if the message above is actually DM or AIP. Does anyone know the exact wording for each? Both ECAS and GCKey still say that the application is in process. Maybe they just need some time to update their systems?

Timeline:
Received: Aug 13
AOR: Sep 20
OWP received: Jan 13 (was delayed due to insufficient fees, even though I had paid the right amount)
Medical passed: Dec 31
Request for additional info regarding military service: Jan 29
SA: Feb 26
AIP/DM (?): today

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Just got what I assume is DM.

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

We also got the SA email. I'm a bit confused if the message above is actually DM or AIP. Does anyone know the exact wording for each? Both ECAS and GCKey still say that the application is in process. Maybe they just need some time to update their systems?

Timeline:
Received: Aug 13
AOR: Sep 20
OWP received: Jan 13 (was delayed due to insufficient fees, even though I had paid the right amount)
Medical passed: Dec 31
Request for additional info regarding military service: Jan 29
SA: Feb 26
AIP/DM (?): today
Good news. That’s AIP. You should seen an update to your ECAS profile soon that says Decision Made instead of In Progress. Just hang tight and wait for the landing interview invitation. The Vancouver office apparently sometimes takes a while to issue these. Edmonton is the same way (that’s who we’re waiting for).

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Apparently me and my partner received some emails today from CIC Mississauga. One to me as the sponsor where they approved me of 'met the requirements of eligibility as a sponsor' - I assume this is SA. A second email to my partner about needing to now get a NEW UK Police Record check despite them living in Canada for the last 2 years. I read somewhere that suggested that when we applied inland we didn't need to get a new one as we submitted an older police record check from when my partner came originally to Canada (and hasn't gone back to live in the UK since..).

So now we have 30 days to get this new police record and submit it before we get our AIP / Decision Made I guess? Anyone else been getting some messages recently. Kind of annoyed since this might push back things up to an extra 30 days..

Aug 13th applicant here.

Last edited:

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Apparently me and my partner received some emails today from CIC Mississauga. One to me as the sponsor where they approved me of 'met the requirements of eligibility as a sponsor' - I assume this is SA. A second email to my partner about needing to now get a NEW UK Police Record check despite them living in Canada for the last 2 years. I read somewhere that suggested that when we applied inland we didn't need to get a new one as we submitted an older police record check from when my partner came originally to Canada (and hasn't gone back to live in the UK since..).

So now we have 30 days to get this new police record and submit it before we get our AIP / Decision Made I guess? Anyone else been getting some messages recently. Kind of annoyed since this might push back things up to an extra 30 days..

Aug 13th applicant here.
By the looks of it, a whole lot of applications are being checked for eligibility at the same time. Whilst many got DM and AIP today, there are a few who got requested for additional documents. The sooner you respond to this request, the sooner you will get your DM.

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017

Aug 13th applicant here.
The same thing happened to us. My husband is American and has been living in Canada for almost two years as a visitor, and the wording in the documentation makes it sound like if they've been in Canada for six months or more, they don't need a police check from their home country (if this is the case, they should word it so that it's clear those on certain statuses - like visitors - will need to get police checks even if they've been residing in Canada for over six months).

The process for getting the US police check from the FBI wasn't too bad - the fingerprinting appointment we had to make with our local RCMP office was the longest wait. I got in touch with them like an hour after we got the message about needing an FBI criminal record check and the soonest they could get Hubs in was in two weeks. So if you need to send fingerprints to the UK, make that appointment ASAP.

It's interesting you got AIP without the updated criminal record check - maybe because you sent an older one in, they figure AIP would be fine. Immigration made us upload the police check first.

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
The same thing happened to us. My husband is American and has been living in Canada for almost two years as a visitor, and the wording in the documentation makes it sound like if they've been in Canada for six months or more, they don't need a police check from their home country (if this is the case, they should word it so that it's clear those on certain statuses - like visitors - will need to get police checks even if they've been residing in Canada for over six months).

The process for getting the US police check from the FBI wasn't too bad - the fingerprinting appointment we had to make with our local RCMP office was the longest wait. I got in touch with them like an hour after we got the message about needing an FBI criminal record check and the soonest they could get Hubs in was in two weeks. So if you need to send fingerprints to the UK, make that appointment ASAP.

It's interesting you got AIP without the updated criminal record check - maybe because you sent an older one in, they figure AIP would be fine. Immigration made us upload the police check first.
Well it seems like we both got hit with the same situation just from different countries. I don't believe the UK requires any fingerprinting or biometrics so that might save some time. However, we are going to have to pay extra for the expedited fee to get it done in 4 business days, then they need to send the check from UK>Vancouver where we live and that could take up to 2 weeks... so at the end of the day this is probably adding 2-3 weeks on to the process.

I may have explained wrongly but we didn't get AIP, but SA (Sponsorship approval, me being the sponsor). I don't think AIP/DM will come until after we upload the new police record. But, like why are they telling us this now at this point in the process and not earlier? Like I am happy we are almost done, but a bit irritated that we have to get more now at the end.

Also we called up CIC to clarify whether or not our old police record was valid or not and the guy on the line was a total dickhead to us in his mannerisms.