Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi there,
I had same issue. Upon calling and speaking with an agent, they'll ask you certain questions about yourself for identification.
We submitted ours August 12th (it was received that day). Turns out it was returned to us September 25, we haven't received it yet. Reason: organization and entities. So we'll wait to see when it arrives.
It takes a while for correspondence.
Good luck!
Hi. Do you have any updates on your application? All the best

test1155

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi All, I am dropping my husband's application, he worked in the USA. Where should we keep the USA police clearance certificate in PR application?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hi there,

Does the OWP app number starts with a W? or is it a temporary number assigned to the file?
The application number starts with a W, and is what they use for processing.
But the document number is different, it starts with a U (when they issue your permit)

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
I just called to follow up on the re-submitted insufficient payment for the OWP (they received it October 1) and was able to get the W application number. Attempting to link to online account now, but - the most surprising thing they told me was that I could be seeing it approved by January 29, 2020.

That seems way longer than it should be. The current visitors visa actually expires the same day (January 29, 2020) and was told to submit an extension to the visitors visa by January 20th if I do not hear any further updates on the OWP.

$15 MISTAKE caused all this. Darn it!

redtoes

Aug 18, 2014
I just called to follow up on the re-submitted insufficient payment for the OWP (they received it October 1) and was able to get the W application number. Attempting to link to online account now, but - the most surprising thing they told me was that I could be seeing it approved by January 29, 2020.

That seems way longer than it should be. The current visitors visa actually expires the same day (January 29, 2020) and was told to submit an extension to the visitors visa by January 20th if I do not hear any further updates on the OWP.

That sounds like you've been had.
Visitor visa expiring same day as the OWP gets approved?
Ours was mailed back to us September 25 but have yet to receive it. Apparently one question needs to be corrected.
The waiting is ridiculous.
I spoke to a nice lady, older, at the IRCC who gave me info on why it's being returned.
Your situation sounds odd.
Hope it works out for you.

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
That sounds like you've been had.
Visitor visa expiring same day as the OWP gets approved?
Ours was mailed back to us September 25 but have yet to receive it. Apparently one question needs to be corrected.
The waiting is ridiculous.
I spoke to a nice lady, older, at the IRCC who gave me info on why it's being returned.
Your situation sounds odd.
Hope it works out for you.
Super odd! The lady on the phone (very nice lady) offered to walk me through how to link the application to my account - and even though she literally had the information on her screen, and I put everything in as she asked me to (which all matched what I would have put anyways) including the application number (Wxxxxxx) we were unable to link the account.

Just filed a technical support ticket as she asked me to to the IRCC support center.

Unless I'm misinterpreting stuff - but the way I see it - August applicants had their OWP approved days after they were able to link their account

So it's just all the more confusing where I thought I was already 1 month waiting, but it seems like they'll still be another 3 months to wait?

So disheartening :(

redtoes

Aug 18, 2014
Super odd! The lady on the phone (very nice lady) offered to walk me through how to link the application to my account - and even though she literally had the information on her screen, and I put everything in as she asked me to (which all matched what I would have put anyways) including the application number (Wxxxxxx) we were unable to link the account.

Just filed a technical support ticket as she asked me to to the IRCC support center.

Unless I'm misinterpreting stuff - but the way I see it - August applicants had their OWP approved days after they were able to link their account

So it's just all the more confusing where I thought I was already 1 month waiting, but it seems like they'll still be another 3 months to wait?

Good luck with your application!

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020

I hardly doubt you'll have to wait that long. I know that someone from August (within my timeline) called and they said we should be expecting approval on December 2019. And we've been getting approvals before November.
Although they will process it as if you sent it on October, so around 2-3 months roughly.
I don't know why she said to apply for an extension seeing as you have an application number already, and will not be getting your OWP application back. You will be on implied status regardless if ever you go pass your status expiry date.

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020

Linking your application online has nothing to do with when your application will be approved - some applicants just find it harder to link their applications and some just a few days after AOR.
OWP approvals has been consistent with the order of reception.

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
I hardly doubt you'll have to wait that long. I know that someone from August (within my timeline) called and they said we should be expecting approval on December 2019. And we've been getting approvals before November.
Although they will process it as if you sent it on October, so around 2-3 months roughly.
I don't know why she said to apply for an extension seeing as you have an application number already, and will not be getting your OWP application back. You will be on implied status regardless if ever you go pass your status expiry date.
Linking your application online has nothing to do with when your application will be approved - some applicants just find it harder to link their applications and some just a few days after AOR.
OWP approvals has been consistent with the order of reception.
Thank you for the timeline anecdotes, I know they're probably stretching the deadlines to the absolute worst possible case, but still - argh!

As for linking vs approval times - agreed, just some interesting statistics I noticed as I slowly go crazy with the numbers.

I will resume patiently waiting, thank you for your information!

Reactions: Brayan&Rachell

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Thank you for the timeline anecdotes, I know they're probably stretching the deadlines to the absolute worst possible case, but still - argh!

As for linking vs approval times - agreed, just some interesting statistics I noticed as I slowly go crazy with the numbers.

I will resume patiently waiting, thank you for your information!
It's a busy season! They did slow down with the AORs if you check the September tab.
Don't go too crazy :) It will come. Good vibes and all the positivity your way!!

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I got a few questions :)
We send in the sponsorship application and OWP application in August.
We received AOR and OWP already.
We applied also for my wifes and her 2 children's visitor visa extension.

After we received OWP for her I withdraw her visitor visa extension because we don't need it anymore.
I used the Webform to submit with her referring application number.
The children have both their own visitor visa extension application going.

Question 1: we received email confirming our request to withdraw and the note reading " If you have submitted your application
with family members and you are the principal applicant, the office will also withdraw their applications.
Please note that the decision to withdraw an application is definitive, and that a new application will require the applicable fees'
Now this note really concerns me, anybody ever was in the same boat ?
Is this normal? the kids have their own application numbers. So it should not affect them, right?

Question 2: We went to Canada Service a few days after receiving the work permit.
We handed it to the lady at Canada Service and she was trying to process it.
But she said she has trouble verifying it. ( she added that this happens from time to time and not to worry but we do)
Anybody had that before?

Any input is appreciated