+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is everybody invited for a medical or just some?
I know as I became a permanent resident it was mandatory for everybody.
I think to remember that something was said about medicals being removed all together.
On my Wife`s "my GC Account" it says no need for medical and no need for biometrics.

cmtgl

Aug 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

We've received PA's OWP. Just wondering if we still need to link it to the online account? Have already linked the PR application.

Also, is there other stuff we should be doing with the OWP? I saw something on here about applying for a new SIN (PA has a temporary one from a Working Holiday visa). Or maybe she can be covered by provincial healthcare now? We're in Quebec, so I'm not sure if we have to wait for the Quebec application to go through before we can do that stuff.

xavilor

Mar 19, 2019
Between the AOR and the OWP, is IRCC sending a mail saying something like , we started to review your application or something , or we just receive the approval for the OWP after the AOR?
Thank you

WilliamShakesBeer

Oct 13, 2017
Between the AOR and the OWP, is IRCC sending a mail saying something like , we started to review your application or something , or we just receive the approval for the OWP after the AOR?
Thank you
I didn't receive any message from IRCC between AOR and OWP.

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Thank you
It’s totally two different applications

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
My OWP was approved on November 1st. Now the long wait for the medical request to come through.

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

We've received PA's OWP. Just wondering if we still need to link it to the online account? Have already linked the PR application.

Also, is there other stuff we should be doing with the OWP? I saw something on here about applying for a new SIN (PA has a temporary one from a Working Holiday visa). Or maybe she can be covered by provincial healthcare now? We're in Quebec, so I'm not sure if we have to wait for the Quebec application to go through before we can do that stuff.
At least in Ontario, a requirement is actually having the PR to be eligible for OHIP. I figure Quebec would be similar.

Jeannyfam

May 4, 2019
Hi everyone,

When did you apply?

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

You definitely need a new SIN because the temporary ones expire with the visa so your partners expired after along with his working holiday visa.
In Alberta I will qualify for Health care as soon as I have the working permit because then I am a resident and intend to stay here for longer than 12 months. Check your province health care website about eligibility it should state.

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I've been told by my lawyer that I can keep the same SIN until my IEC expires in April, despite me being issued a new work permit as part of the PR application. She said that if my PR isn't issued by April then I can get my temporary one extended/renewed. If I get PR before April then I would simply get a new one from Service Ontario.

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
I've been told by my lawyer that I can keep the same SIN until my IEC expires in April, despite me being issued a new work permit as part of the PR application. She said that if my PR isn't issued by April then I can get my temporary one extended/renewed. If I get PR before April then I would simply get a new one from Service Ontario.
I would double check with service Ontario, but if you already have one that might be true. On the other hand if you get a new permit it usually voids your old one so I don't know. Always better to double check in my opinion.

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Is everybody invited for a medical or just some?
I know as I became a permanent resident it was mandatory for everybody.
I think to remember that something was said about medicals being removed all together.
On my Wife`s "my GC Account" it says no need for medical and no need for biometrics.
Medicals are still mandatory for everyone. You will receive a request when they are ready for your wife to do the medical.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi everyone,

yes you can but you need an employment letter. check the ramq website. i think you'll need proof of residence as well.

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
IRCC got back to me regarding the technical issue of being unable to link my OWP.

"We verified the information you provided; however, it differs from the one we have on file."

Great, so the information the lady on the phone walked me through live does not match the information on file somehow when I relay it back to them I can totally see this being an incredible hassle to explain.

Good luck to myself! LOL.

edit: I called back, and basically nobody can figure it out - yet it seems like no issues with the application. With that in mind I'll keep my quest for figuring out what's going on as a low priority item. Linking isn't everything and I'll just call every few weeks for an update.

Last edited: