+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

nhaw

Aug 21, 2019
Post edited to keep this thread focused.

We have just received a confirmation of delivery - signed by S Wong. Already updated the excel spreadsheet.

Application:
Sent Aug 19th, 2019
Received Aug 22nd, 2019

Applied from Calgary, AB

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I believe you should tick where relevant. (list of forms you are submitting e.g imm 5710; and list of documents i.e proof of payment, passport, visitor record, marriage licence etc)
Thanks for the response.

I have one more question, in IMM 5710, there is a session "Details of intended work in Canada" ; can that be filled as N/A, since I have no offer already in hand?

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks for the response.

I have one more question, in IMM 5710, there is a session "Details of intended work in Canada" ; can that be filled as N/A, since I have no offer already in hand?
I suppose so. I filled in what I would like to do/my line of professionalism.

nhaw

Aug 21, 2019
Thanks for the response.

Hi Manny, I did the same as someone else posted here. There should be enough space for you to fill out this field with you INTENDED area of work. Note that you are not implying that you have an offer in any way: this is just your personal plan of employment. For most of the other questions on this subject, that ask about employer and position for example, I wrote N/A because I felt like those did not apply to whoever doesn’t have an offer yet.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Manny777

bluelady

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Thanks for the response.

I filled in what i wanted to have as a job here in Canada but those other questions regarding with the employer stuffs I wrote N/A since I didn't have any offer.

bluelady

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
I have some high level questions.
  • OWP is just a normal temporary work permit, so presumably you can leave and come back to Canada without worry once granted?
  • Can an OWP expire before PR application is granted? Or is the validity for the entire application duration?
1. It is not advisable to leaven canada with a spousal sponsorship going on.
2. They usually give 2 years OWP.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I have some high level questions.
Some have left and have had no issues coming back. However, there is no guarantee. If for any reason you are denied entry, your PR application will be treated as abandoned, and will be cancelled. Having said that, I have seen more stories of those who left and were able to enter (they had valid TRV alone or with an OWP) than those who were denied entry. It is also advisable that the trip is short, say 2 weeks. But its really up to you, whether you are willing to take the risk.

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
1. It is not advisable to leaven canada with a spousal sponsorship going on.
2. They usually give 2 years OWP.
Some have left and have had no issues coming back. However, there is no guarantee. If for any reason you are denied entry, your PR application will be treated as abandoned, and will be cancelled. Having said that, I have seen more stories of those who left and were able to enter (they had valid TRV alone or with an OWP) than those who were denied entry. It is also advisable that the trip is short, say 2 weeks. But its really up to you, whether you are willing to take the risk.
Thank you both for your replies. I understand now that it is "allowed, but your millage may vary". Careful thought will be put into this should a leave be necessary.

Here's hoping for a smooth process!

Reactions: bluelady and Eveslm

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi Manny, I did the same as someone else posted here. There should be enough space for you to fill out this field with you INTENDED area of work. Note that you are not implying that you have an offer in any way: this is just your personal plan of employment. For most of the other questions on this subject, that ask about employer and position for example, I wrote N/A because I felt like those did not apply to whoever doesn’t have an offer yet.
Hope this helps.
Hi,
I have gathered all the documents and filled all forms, just need to post. I am worried if anything incorrect. Any pointers/ suggestions on last minute checks before posting?
Thanks.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi @Manny777

My husband and I took turns to go through our application. He would read out the checklist and I would confirm the documents were there and then we would swap, I'd read and he'd check. We did the same with every single form. We also did other things like not look at the application for a couple of days and return to it and read it all through again with 'fresh eyes'.

You could also get a third party to check it through for you? perhaps a family member or friend?

Reactions: Manny777