+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The IRCC website says they're processing the August 2019 applications. My status still hasn't changed, it says I have received the AOR only. Will they reach out to me and when will I hear from them? If I don't hear from them, what should I do?
Is you background check completed or still in process? Also, what have you done so far to reach out to them?

CDN1234

Jun 25, 2019
Is you background check completed or still in process? Also, what have you done so far to reach out to them?
Nothing is completed and everything is still in process or not completed. Never received a test invitation, they never reached out to me. I called the IRCC hotline about 1 year ago and asked about my application status, the call agent said they have everything they need and said everything is delayed because of Covid. I can't reach them because my application isn't a prioritised application. What can I do?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Nothing is completed and everything is still in process or not completed. Never received a test invitation, they never reached out to me. I called the IRCC hotline about 1 year ago and asked about my application status, the call agent said they have everything they need and said everything is delayed because of Covid. I can't reach them because my application isn't a prioritised application. What can I do?
Send them a webform, but I am afraid there is nothing you can do as your BG check is still not completed. They usually won't send test invitation before it's completed. But reach out to your MP ask for their help to ask about your application and see what's going on on your behalf.

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
The IRCC website says they're processing the August 2019 applications. My status still hasn't changed, it says I have received the AOR only. Will they reach out to me and when will I hear from them? If I don't hear from them, what should I do?
I once called last year in december 2020, they told me that the background check was expired because it can only be valid for 1 year and that before they can send me a test invite they needed to do the check another time. They also told me that it was the case for all 2019 applications at that time. I received the test invite on April 16th 2021. So from that I can imagine that they still haven't got the info they need for the background check or they did but it expired and they need a new one. What you can do if it takes too long and nothing changes is reach out to your region deputee or send a feedback to IRCC, they have a link for that on their website. And even then nothing is guaranteed, I'm still waiting for what comes after the test. Good luck.

Reactions: mhd10

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Oups I might have replied a little too late someone already gave the same information.
Which office is processing your application?

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
I also have a question for anyone who knows. My background check is set to complete and I've already passed the test and it's also complete. Now I'm waiting for DM and Oath invite, if it's been one year since my last background check and that last one expired, do they need to do another check again before they proceed to other steps?

CDN1234

Jun 25, 2019
Oups I might have replied a little too late someone already gave the same information.
Which office is processing your application?
The gcsm notes from March 2021 says it's at Sydney, so it appears it's stuck there.
Should I withdraw my application and reapply? How long does the withdrawal process take?

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
The gcsm notes from March 2021 says it's at Sydney, so it appears it's stuck there.
Should I withdraw my application and reapply? How long does the withdrawal process take?
I have no idea, i don't know either why it's still in Sydney, maybe the 1st background check is made there before they send the file to the local office. But I'm just guessing I cannot really tell. So if they already are in the middle of a certain process would it be a good idea to withdraw and then reapply? I really can't tell because the new application means starting over, what if it needs the same time to process?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Just reapply without withdrawing. Lets see which one takes off. They will at certain point will proceed with the one that moves.

NAC10

Aug 9, 2020
Send them a webform, but I am afraid there is nothing you can do as your BG check is still not completed. They usually won't send test invitation before it's completed. But reach out to your MP ask for their help to ask about your application and see what's going on on your behalf.
They don't even reply webforms properly these days! They just give some generic response not even with your profile or anything.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

ilcs07

Jul 14, 2015
Finally happened! Had my oath date on Dec 3. Had originally had one scheduled on Nov 19, but I was out of the country. Vancouver office was very quick to reschedule for when I returned.

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Finally happened! Had my oath date on Dec 3. Had originally had one scheduled on Nov 19, but I was out of the country. Vancouver office was very quick to reschedule for when I returned.
How did you contact the Vancouver office? Is there an email address? I am awaiting oath invitation since August 2021...

Reactions: nikcap

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16