+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

ilcs07

Jul 14, 2015
How did you contact the Vancouver office? Is there an email address? I am awaiting oath invitation since August 2021...
Yep! You can contact them here: WST-CitizenshipClient-Notification@cic.gc.ca. However, the auto response does say they won't respond with general status updates. I was waiting for oath since July 2021, so I'd guess just need to be patient and it'll happen in the next month or so.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
My application was received on August 19, 2019. I passed the test in March 2020.
On July 8, 2020, physical presence, language skills, and citizenship test were updated to Completed.
I checked the tracker and it shows the page was last updated on December 6, 2021, but I saw no change. Background Verification and Prohibitions still show “In progress” and Citizenship Ceremony shows “not started.”
Did everyone get fingerprints request before Background Verification and Prohibitions were updated to “Completed”?
Seems like I still have a long wait until I get the invitation for Citizenship Ceremony. :(
I just reached out to my MP office today and also just requested GCMS notes. Hopefully I will get more details about my application soon.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Background Verification and Prohibitions still show “In progress” and Citizenship Ceremony shows “not started.”
Did everyone get fingerprints request before Background Verification and Prohibitions were updated to “Completed”?
Seems like I still have a long wait until I get the invitation for Citizenship Ceremony. :(
if its taking long then there is some hold up.
Did you get gcms notes?
Either some issue or they forgot to ask your fingerprints hence pending.
If its pending for long time then most they say that its pending with csis.

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
if its taking long then there is some hold up.
Did you get gcms notes?
Either some issue or they forgot to ask your fingerprints hence pending.
If its pending for long time then most they say that its pending with csis.
What I understood last year when we could still talk to someone on the phone, is that a background check lasts 1 year. So all who have seen their application process start in December 2019 for example, are now having their 2nd background check expired and IRCC need to do another background check to resume the rest of the application.
My background check is set to complete since 2019 but I knew that they did another one last year before they invited me to the test.
Is that the same case with the invitation to the ceremony? I don't know....

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
What I understood last year when we could still talk to someone on the phone, is that a background check lasts 1 year. So all who have seen their application process start in December 2019 for example, are now having their 2nd background check expired and IRCC need to do another background check to resume the rest of the application.
My background check is set to complete since 2019 but I knew that they did another one last year before they invited me to the test.
Is that the same case with the invitation to the ceremony? I don't know....
if you have received finger prints one time then mostly they will repeat to get it again. So if it had been a year then they would want to verify the recent records once a year. So possibly thats why the background check has become inprogress.
When did background check turn inprogress recently? When did you give fingerprints last time?

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
if you have received finger prints one time then mostly they will repeat to get it again. So if it had been a year then they would want to verify the recent records once a year. So possibly thats why the background check has become inprogress.
When did background check turn inprogress recently? When did you give fingerprints last time?
Neither case apply to me. I never had to give fingerprints. And my background check has always been completed since 2019, never turned to "in progress" again. but they told me last year that they actually did a new background check, that's why I assume they're doing it everytime it's been a year and my application is not done.

For the fingerprints, I never heard someone from my nationality being asked to do them. It wasn't the case either for the permanent resident application so I think they have access easily to our records or I don't know what the reason is but it's convenient that we don't get asked for our fingerprints. well again that's from my experience until now.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Neither case apply to me. I never had to give fingerprints. And my background check has always been completed since 2019, never turned to "in progress" again. but they told me last year that they actually did a new background check, that's why I assume they're doing it everytime it's been a year and my application is not done.

For the fingerprints, I never heard someone from my nationality being asked to do them. It wasn't the case either for the permanent resident application so I think they have access easily to our records or I don't know what the reason is but it's convenient that we don't get asked for our fingerprints. well again that's from my experience until now.
It was always completed because you got access to online tracker(which showed individual items' progress unlike before in old ecas) after your background was complete. Same case for most of 2019.
If it didnt turn inprogress then mostly we can for now assume that they are not redoing the background check.
Whats your timeline? What all are showing complete in online tracker?

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
It was always completed because you got access to online tracker(which showed individual items' progress unlike before in old ecas) after your background was complete. Same case for most of 2019.
If it didnt turn inprogress then mostly we can for now assume that they are not redoing the background check.
Whats your timeline? What all are showing complete in online tracker?
I have only Background check and tests that are completed since April 23rd 2021