+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

VPCanada

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
congratulations. Must feel good.

question: you said you received the citizenship certificate on nov 16th then again on dec 07? They send it twice or?
Thanks!
As RKCK explained, the second time, I received my certificate back from the Passport service office after they issued my Passport.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
No, still waiting for Certificate, it's 2.5 month passed but no update from Ottawa office, Yes status still DM.

Is anyone from Ottawa, got certificate in Nov or Dec?
This is really annoying. They are asking people to cut their permanent residence card in oath ceremony and then taking so many months to mail certificate. What would a person do if there is an emergency to travel?

canadahopefully

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
Only one online test invite so far for Aug applicants?
I spoke to IRCC agent couple of days back and was told that IRCC sent out 1000 test invites on Nov 26 & 27 and nothing after that, so I assume these 1000 were the first trial batch and probably they will send more after they test the online system.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
I spoke to IRCC agent couple of days back and was told that IRCC sent out 1000 test invites on Nov 26 & 27 and nothing after that, so I assume these 1000 were the first trial batch and probably they will send more after they test the online system.
Thats good to know.
Quite honestly, I am quite surprised (pleasantly!) that IRCC agents do share that much information. I have spoken to only 1 agent so far and he seemed nice too, its just that I did not know I could ask such questions as well :)

NorthYorkGuy1

Sep 20, 2014
Hoping it’s really 1000 test invites that were sent out and ALL had NO technical issues in taking the new online test. I am really hoping for the pilot online test to be successful so that CIC can start sending invites to everyone who are ready for test. Fingers crossed

Reactions: Flandernss

randr

Dec 7, 2019
Montreal
This is really annoying. They are asking people to cut their permanent residence card in oath ceremony and then taking so many months to mail certificate. What would a person do if there is an emergency to travel?
Hi SeanTor,
Here's my personal story. I understand the scenario doesn't apply to everyone and some people may have an emergency AFTER their citizenship ceremony.

Anyway, I had an important family-related trip to make and booked a ticket before I knew I'll be invited to the citizenship ceremony. Luckily I had a couple of weeks to spare.
I informed the officer during the ceremony that I need the certificate urgently to obtain a passport. She was nice about it and understanding. She asked me to send her a copy of my flight ticket. She then processed the certificate the next business day and I received it by mail 3 days later. That same day, I filled up the passport application form, got it signed by a guarantor (a friend), got my photos taken and called the passport office informing them of the urgency to travel. They gave me an appointment in person the next day, and I went back to get the passport around 3 days after that. I received my passport just one day before my travel date!

Reactions: SeanTor

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hi SeanTor,
Here's my personal story. I understand the scenario doesn't apply to everyone and some people may have an emergency AFTER their citizenship ceremony.

Anyway, I had an important family-related trip to make and booked a ticket before I knew I'll be invited to the citizenship ceremony. Luckily I had a couple of weeks to spare.
I informed the officer during the ceremony that I need the certificate urgently to obtain a passport. She was nice about it and understanding. She asked me to send her a copy of my flight ticket. She then processed the certificate the next business day and I received it by mail 3 days later. That same day, I filled up the passport application form, got it signed by a guarantor (a friend), got my photos taken and called the passport office informing them of the urgency to travel. They gave me an appointment in person the next day, and I went back to get the passport around 3 days after that. I received my passport just one day before my travel date!
Thanks, glad to hear positive a story. Did they gave you a passport for 10 years or less? I am awaiting for my citizenship certificate for more than 2 months now. Have tried everything, called them several times and even filled the web form as well but not response. Not sure what else I can do. Everyone received their certificate within 3-8 weeks but it's way too long for me. Not sure how many more people are like me who are awaiting for more than two months since oath ceremony.

randr

Dec 7, 2019
Montreal
Thanks, glad to hear positive a story. Did they gave you a passport for 10 years or less? I am awaiting for my citizenship certificate for more than 2 months now. Have tried everything, called them several times and even filled the web form as well but not response. Not sure what else I can do. Everyone received their certificate within 3-8 weeks but it's way too long for me. Not sure how many more people are like me who are awaiting for more than two months since oath ceremony.
Sorry to hear that. I've read around the forums that some certificates have taken longer than expected. I hope you'll find it soon in your mail! Yes I got 10 years. You select on the application form for how long you want it and pay accordingly.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
No, Feeling very Bad.
Are you planning to talk to MP or have decided for any other action? I am in same situation, awaiting for certificate for more than 2 months now. I called the customer care and filled the web form as well but no response yet.