+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

ottawaapp

Feb 29, 2020
Are you planning to talk to MP or have decided for any other action? I am in same situation, awaiting for certificate for more than 2 months now. I called the customer care and filled the web form as well but no response yet.
Hi @SeanTor and @zindabad. Are you both Ottawa applicants? I am also waiting for our certificate had certifcates, oath On Dec 1.

zindabad

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi @SeanTor and @zindabad. Are you both Ottawa applicants? I am also waiting for our certificate had certifcates, oath On Dec 1.
Well, I am from Ottawa, we call ircc, they told since March big backlog of certificate, only urgent can process, but they confirmed, our in Q. Then two week before we send urgent request but now 2 week pass still in Q....
As @SeanTor mentioned, we send email to MP, but his mailbox was full and until today it's full.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Well, I am from Ottawa, we call ircc, they told since March big backlog of certificate, only urgent can process, but they confirmed, our in Q. Then two week before we send urgent request but now 2 week pass still in Q....
As @SeanTor mentioned, we send email to MP, but his mailbox was full and until today it's full.
Do they accept urgent request at the last stage?

I dont think they are telling truth. if there was backlog from march then how come we saw applicants receiving certificates 2-3 months ago within few days(10-14 days). I think that our call center guys lie as usual with some reason to get rid of our call. they dont have real update from the core teams as not all teams update them or there is a process in place/necessity to give updates to clients on delays. After all its govt office hence they dont have direct obligation to answer the people. They dont even answer the elected officials.
Printing delay is just due to people at the printing section not working. This is in line with "In Process" delays of many files we see.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020

I dont think they are telling truth. if there was backlog from march then how come we saw applicants receiving certificates 2-3 months ago within few days(10-14 days). I think that our call center guys lie as usual with some reason to get rid of our call. they dont have real update from the core teams as not all teams update them or there is a process in place/necessity to give updates to clients on delays. After all its govt office hence they dont have direct obligation to answer the people. They dont even answer the elected officials.
Printing delay is just due to people at the printing section not working. This is in line with "In Process" delays of many files we see.
I may be wrong, are they doing any further assessment before printing certificate. Some folks got certificate within a week and for us it's taking ages. I agree call center employees may not have full visibility or are advised to hide facts. There is no trend, the oath letter says 2-4 weeks but it's almost 10 weeks now.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I may be wrong, are they doing any further assessment before printing certificate. Some folks got certificate within a week and for us it's taking ages. I agree call center employees may not have full visibility or are advised to hide facts. There is no trend, the oath letter says 2-4 weeks but it's almost 10 weeks now.
There should not be any other assessment (as it will be illegal to assess since oath finished candidates are Canadians after lengthy evaluation) but i am thinking that it might be pending internal supervisor's/dept's approval for issuing the certificate and most supervisors and employees are off hence files with these employees on leave got stuck. I dont see any other reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeanTor

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
There should not be any other assessment (as it will be illegal to assess since oath finished candidates are Canadians after lengthy evaluation) but i am thinking that it might be pending internal supervisor's/dept's approval for issuing the certificate and most supervisors and employees are off hence files with these employees on leave got stuck. I dont see any other reason.
I wish your statement is true but there is no trend to follow, some folks are receiving certificate within a week and it's taking so much time for others, even though it may be same processing office. Could it be intentional to hold off on issuing certificates? They use to hand over certificate on same day earlier. I just called the MP office and it's going in voice mail.

Reactions: umair110

zindabad

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019

No, they did not accept as urgent but as per call center guy he put note as urgent on file.
Yap u r right, "people at the printing section not working" again union issue.

raphaeldpm

Sep 2, 2013
I checked my status today and it's changed for "decision made". Last time I checked was Dec 11, so it changed between that day and today (Dec 17).

I did the online test on Dec 6 and I had no interview.

Here is my timeline:

Citizenship application
Single
Montreal, QC
Physical Presence: 1283 days
Application sent: August 12, 2019
Application Delivered: August 15, 2019
AOR: October 31, 2019
FP Request: Sep 2, 2020
FP Submission: Sep 2, 2020
Test invite: November 27, 2020
Test date: December 6th, 2020
Decision made: Between Dec 11 and Dec 17

Last edited:

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
No, they did not accept as urgent but as per call center guy he put note as urgent on file.
Yap u r right, "people at the printing section not working" again union issue.
The call center folks can only update the address or talk on hotline to officials if required, they can't write a note on file. For urgent certificate requirements, you will have to fill the web form and attach a proof for urgent processing. I called call center number several times and they asked me to fill the web form and specify the reason for urgent requirement of certificate.

Last edited:

umair110

Jan 12, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-Jan-15 (CIC REC)
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
30-Nov-14 (MPNP)
AOR Received.
21-May-15
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
2-Jun-15 (In Process)
Med's Request
02-Oct-15 (Medicals ,RPRF and updated chart)
Med's Done....
15-Oct-15 (med done ) , 23-Oct-15 (med rec)
Interview........
Alhumdullilah Waived
Passport Req..
18-Nov-15, DM 19-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
8-Dec-15
LANDED..........
5-March-16

i agree with you

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hey friends , need your suggestion . My application is with CIC Montreal. I did my Citizenship test in Jan and passed it. In interview the officer said ill get my oath in 3 months but then covid came in and everything delayed. Now recently, I ordered my gcms notes and i saw everything is good but two things i do not understand.

1) Under paper file , my file says location :Box- Transfer CEN (what does that mean ? )
2)Officer Note : This case is expected to be outside 12 months processing standard , applicationon queue to be analysed - file referred to cen

i sent an email to CIC , they said they verified the info and said my file is still in process.

I do not understand , everything is good ,knowledge ,criminality all passed.

Should i move to Ontario and expect my file could be processed quicker ?

xxmaine

Jul 11, 2012
The wait is over. Just received the test email today.

App Received: Aug 02, 2019
AOR Received : Oct 23, 2019
In Process: Nov 28, 2019
Test Email: March 02, 2020
Test Date: March 18, 2020 CANCELLED
New Test Date: December 23, 2020 - January 12, 2021