+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
Received an email on 09/23 to confirm if I agree to attend a virtual ceremony. Replied the same day to confirm I will attend a virtual ceremony. Still have not heard back regarding actual oath schedule. Is this normal timeline?
UPDATE:

Received formal Oath Ceremony(Virtual) Invite today.
Schedule: Oct 5, 2020 - Monday

Uma_H

Jul 1, 2020
Hi everyone!
I remember that someone wrote here that he/she sent a letter asking about the delay in inviting him/her to the ceremony, I can't find this message.
May one of you know the email address where I can contact IRCC?
I need the email, not the phone number.
It's more than one year that I'm waiting for my citizenship, all my documents are expired :(
Thank you in advance

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
UPDATE:

Received formal Oath Ceremony(Virtual) Invite today.
Schedule: Oct 5, 2020 - Monday
Finished our Virtual Oath Ceremony this morning.
It was only the moderator, the judge and my family. Took about 30minutes. Scanned and emailed them the signed docs right after. Was advised to wait about 2 weeks for the citizenship certificate to arrive via Mail.

Glad to finally see the end of this whole process. I do hope everybody starts to see movement on their own applications. All the best!

Samm1972

Jul 8, 2019
Hi everyone!
I remember that someone wrote here that he/she sent a letter asking about the delay in inviting him/her to the ceremony, I can't find this message.
May one of you know the email address where I can contact IRCC?
I need the email, not the phone number.
It's more than one year that I'm waiting for my citizenship, all my documents are expired :(
Thank you in advance
Hi,

I will advise you send a web form to them and attach some documents like your test invite letter and if you have decision made already, state the date of decision made etc.
I did this a week ago got a response asking for documents and other details which I sent through web form yesterday 4/10/2020 and today 5/10/2020 We got the invitation for oath ceremony.

Reactions: Uma_H

Uma_H

Jul 1, 2020
Hi,

I will advise you send a web form to them and attach some documents like your test invite letter and if you have decision made already, state the date of decision made etc.
I did this a week ago got a response asking for documents and other details which I sent through web form yesterday 4/10/2020 and today 5/10/2020 We got the invitation for oath ceremony.
Thank you very much for your message. I've sent the web form, as you advised. Hope, I'll get their answer soon :)

vikasyadav6892

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

I was just applying for passport from mail.I have some questions.
1. I have extra sheet for my address history. Should I add that page just after 3rd page of form or last page?
2. Should I send only first 3 pages or 7 pages? I have credit card information at 4th page. Should i cut that section or not if sending 3 pages?

Thanks very much.

Salinas_CA

Jun 18, 2020
Hi, just an update from me:
Application sent Aug 2019,
Test March 2. 2020
Oath invite September 20.
Oath Oct 2
Certificate received Oct 7.
Edmonton, single application

Good luck to everyone.

Sackville

Jan 5, 2019
Hello Everyone, I am just about sending my form but I want to clarify children's form of ID. In addition to biographic page of international passport, can I add a Province issued ID card as the second. This was not listed, but I want to be sure it good to be used. Thanks.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hello Everyone, I am just about sending my form but I want to clarify children's form of ID. In addition to biographic page of international passport, can I add a Province issued ID card as the second. This was not listed, but I want to be sure it good to be used. Thanks.
Photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification.
Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
  • a passport page containing their photo and personal details;
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided.
Yes, you can add it and it's listed.

Sackville

Jan 5, 2019
Photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification.
Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
  • a passport page containing their photo and personal details;
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided.
Yes, you can add it and it's listed.
I actually saw that, but I was not interpreting it as something that covers Provincially issued ID since it was not specifically listed. Thanks once again