+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
So in the context if PR is open and people are coming from all over the world to Canada, you mean to say if we the permanent resident get citizenship
Actually PR is not open. They have not issued any ITAs or COPRs to overseas applicants since the shutdown.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
When did I constantly telling people "they can do nothing but wait" and how does it become a "bigger question"?

I am also one of the applicants who have been waiting for oath ceremony for a few months. I am also feeling frustrated. I also want to get citizenship asap. But again WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT? Like it or not, calling/ writing to IRCC isn't going to help. Response I got from them was just something like"You need to wait"/ "People applied at the same time and got citizenship before you were just lucky".

With all that said, there is a pandemic going on so we have to pay more patience for sure. Also stay calm and don't be mad at people, at least don't do that to me.
you need to calm down. If barbers can open, so can IRCC and conduct tests. you seem quite angry yourself.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Just ignore these hyperactive souls. Bottom line is that there is a situation which is beyond our control. One can either (a) stay positive, patient and happy, OR (b) chose to hyperventilate, criticize everything under the sun, and be pessimistic. It's a choice.
Good you for that you selected option (a). Ones that are coming after you are ones who chose (b) - so let them be. Stay Positive !
You are the one who believes that we can do nothing, wait forever and be grateful for the scraps thrown at us because citizenship is a privilege as you say. I call that being pessimistic.

I say I am a tax payer from day 1 in Canada (unlike those born here) and I paid for the citizenship application, so I deserve some modicum of standards. Expecting standard of service above the level of barbers and restaurants is not asking too much. Thanks to people like me who made noise, IRCC is acting. You are welcome.

Reactions: Flandernss

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
You are the one who believes that we can do nothing, wait forever and be grateful for the scraps thrown at us because citizenship is a privilege as you say. I call that being pessimistic.

I say I am a tax payer from day 1 in Canada (unlike those born here) and I paid for the citizenship application, so I deserve some modicum of standards. Expecting standard of service above the level of barbers and restaurants is not asking too much. Thanks to people like me who made noise, IRCC is acting. You are welcome.
The sooner the local IRCC officials go back to offices, the greater would be the number of citizenship clients getting their virtual ceremonies.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Well, I have seen lots of guys defending the prospect that IRCC should not resume their services right now.

I JUST DON'T CARE what you guys think or what you are assuming but it's our right to get citizenship on time.

When PR process is open, everything is almost open - what is the problem/issues granting rights to their permanent residents to achieve citizenship.

One of the guy commented that not giving citizenship will prevent the spread of COVID - Are you serious??? So in the context if PR is open and people are coming from all over the world to Canada, you mean to say if we the permanent resident get citizenship - We the becoming Canadians will spread COVID by travelling from Canada to World Wide? Or If Guy A gets citizenship, he will travel 6 times in a year in contrast to not having Citizenship.

Well, it really tells the priority of government by not taking steps to start the citizenship process - like the 2nd class citizens eeh?

For certain people, citizenship does not matter but for some it's their dream. They have struggled to get that. But very few will understand.

To summarize: It's all about priority and nothing else and if someone is saying about the safety of government officers then are you implying that millions of people who are going to work does not need that safety or they are less human.....
Yes agreed. Once a client has been granted citizenship (decision made) under subsection 5(1) of the Citizenship Act; It's his/her Right to Citizenship by taking the Oath of Citizenship within a certain timeframe.

Reactions: fr72

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
So far have we seen anyone with DM get a virtual oath invite yet who never had it before or which was cancelled earlier?
Any fresh oath invites since covid shutdown?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
So far have we seen anyone with DM get a virtual oath invite yet who never had it before or which was cancelled earlier?
Any fresh oath invites since covid shutdown?
Hi

Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest email received: 13 July 2020
Notice to Appear Video Oath One-on-one Virtual Ceremony email received: 14 July 2020
Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Scheduled date: 30 July 2020

No change in ecas. It still shows as Decision Made.

Regular applicant. My oath wasn't scheduled before the pandemic hit. Also, the application file was transferred from Scarborough to Niagara falls during the pandemic. I requested for my file to be transferred after the test at Scarborough.

All the best for your turn. Hang in there. You will be up next!

Reactions: zam7

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hi

Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest email received: 13 July 2020
Notice to Appear Video Oath One-on-one Virtual Ceremony email received: 14 July 2020

Regular applicant. My oath wasn't scheduled before the pandemic hit. Also, the application file was transferred from Scarborough to Niagara falls during the pandemic. I requested for my file to be transferred after the test at Scarborough.

Congrats. Sounds interesting September 2019 applicant got virtual ceremony invite.

August 2019 (decision made plus had received oath invite but cancelled) are still waiting to be invited for virtual oath.

By the way, what is Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest email? I heard this first time.

Reactions: zam7

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Hi

Congrats! I’m Aug 1, 2019 applicant with decision made since Jan 30th and no sign of Oath. I’m Scarborough so maybe because you switched to Niagara so got it done faster.

Yes, what’s the Expression of Interest email?

Thanks!

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Congrats! I’m Aug 1, 2019 applicant with decision made since Jan 30th and no sign of Oath. I’m Scarborough so maybe because you switched to Niagara so got it done faster.

Yes, what’s the Expression of Interest email?

Thanks!
Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest email = That's the email subject from IRCC asking if we are interested in attending the virtual citizenship ceremony and have the required logistics i.e. computer/laptop/mobile phone + internet connection etc required for the ceremony or we would want to wait for an in person ceremony. Based on our response they then will schedule the oath ceremony.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest email = That's the email subject from IRCC asking if we are interested in attending the virtual citizenship ceremony and have the required logistics i.e. computer/laptop/mobile phone + internet connection etc required for the ceremony or we would want to wait for an in person ceremony. Based on our response they then will schedule the oath ceremony.
How are we supposed to respond back to Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest email ? I mean, should we type "yes we have laptop, internet" etc in the email reply or fill some sort of form?

Last edited:

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
How are we supposed to respond back to Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest email ? I mean, should we type "yes" etc in the email or fill some sort of form?
Yes just a reply back.No forms to be attached.
Based on the processing office the email id of the processing office will differ from individual to individual. You just have to reply back with your preference.

Reactions: Mike263

blatanttruth1

Nov 13, 2014

"I say I am a tax payer from day 1 in Canada (unlike those born here)"
So ? Are you the only tax payer in this country, or are you implying people born here don't pay taxes? For the taxes you pay there are also benefits that you reap .. healthcare included. No organization is functioning normally in these unprecedented times of COVID. IRCC also operates in the same universe and is affected by same issues -- Your tax dollars or citizenship fee is not making them immune to COVID.

"I paid for the citizenship application, so I deserve some modicum of standards."
You are not unique. Everyone who has applied has paid the fee and are waiting patiently. Unless of course if you paid something extra then you have the right to crib :) -- did you ?

"Thanks to people like me who made noise, IRCC is acting. You are welcome."
What a self obsessing narcissist comment to make - do you seriously think virtual ceremonies are happening because you howled like a crazy ? Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but you cannot take credit for it.

Reactions: Aby444