+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Well, I have seen lots of guys defending the prospect that IRCC should not resume their services right now.

I JUST DON'T CARE what you guys think or what you are assuming but it's our right to get citizenship on time.

When PR process is open, everything is almost open - what is the problem/issues granting rights to their permanent residents to achieve citizenship.

One of the guy commented that not giving citizenship will prevent the spread of COVID - Are you serious??? So in the context if PR is open and people are coming from all over the world to Canada, you mean to say if we the permanent resident get citizenship - We the becoming Canadians will spread COVID by travelling from Canada to World Wide? Or If Guy A gets citizenship, he will travel 6 times in a year in contrast to not having Citizenship.

Well, it really tells the priority of government by not taking steps to start the citizenship process - like the 2nd class citizens eeh?

For certain people, citizenship does not matter but for some it's their dream. They have struggled to get that. But very few will understand.

To summarize: It's all about priority and nothing else and if someone is saying about the safety of government officers then are you implying that millions of people who are going to work does not need that safety or they are less human.....

Last edited:

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020
No offense but this info is pointless... No one other than IRCC knows how they are operating.
All we can do is to just wait. The process has always been slow and there is a delay due to the pandemic. So let's be patient.

Reactions: blatanttruth1

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Here is some official info about how IRCC is processing with virtual citizenship ceremonies.

PDF document: Citizenship_ATIP. Citizenship Virtual Ceremonies and Tests

Source: www.rebelnews.com

No offense but this info is pointless... No one other than IRCC knows how they are operating.
All we can do is to just wait. The process has always been slow and there is a delay due to the pandemic. So let's be patient.
Even in pre-pandemic circumstances, they're working in slow mode as usual; and in post-pandemic, of course, they got significantly slower.

As written in the memo, approx 42,000 individuals are waiting for a citizenship ceremony. I'm assuming, a couple of thousands or maybe more, out of 42K, would be ceremony ready clients (Decision Made or previously scheduled candidates for oath).

Well I am surprised and shocked to see that numbers. i.e.

20 presiding officials;
10 ceremonies per day;
Total of 1,000 virtual ceremonies (≈1,000 Clients) per week;

It seems, they're still doing virtual ceremonies with one-on-one client instead of groups as anticipated to be around 20 participants (Phase II).

Last edited:

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Here is some official info about how IRCC is processing with virtual citizenship ceremonies.

PDF document: Citizenship_ATIP. Citizenship Virtual Ceremonies and Tests

Yes but what can we do about it? ;)
Pre-pandemic, in-person ceremonies were taking place intermittently at certain schedules (although in large group ranging 100 to 300 clients per day).

Now, the virtual ceremonies are taking place consistently everyday (5 days/week). Therefore, this consistency should appropriately balance out the backlog to a large extent.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Yes but what can we do about it? ;)
If you bothered to read the ATIP request about virtual testing, the IRCC cites social media pressure by applicants as one of the factors which led to them devising plans for virtual oaths and tests. If everyone followed your keep quiet and wait forever approach, there wouldnt even be virtual oaths.

The bigger question is: what do YOU hope to achieve by constantly telling people that they can do nothing but wait? People who want to complain online will complain, you can do nothing about it.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
If you bothered to read the ATIP request about virtual testing, the IRCC cites social media pressure by applicants as one of the factors which led to them devising plans for virtual oaths and tests. If everyone followed your keep quiet and wait forever approach, there wouldnt even be virtual oaths.

The bigger question is: what do YOU hope to achieve by constantly telling people that they can do nothing but wait? People who want to complain online will complain, you can do nothing about it.
social media mainly is IRCC's Facebook account, if you look at their posts on FB, every time it was swamped by people asking for citizenship oath and PGP program.

AND WE CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THIS !

Reactions: ActionsGetResults

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
social media mainly is IRCC's Facebook account, if you look at their posts on FB, every time it was swamped by people asking for citizenship oath and PGP program.

AND WE CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THIS !
Why not? I would add Twitter and writing to media and MP as well (especially if your application has been pending beyond 1 year). It seems to be working, going by that IRCC internal memo.

Reactions: ActionsGetResults

blatanttruth1

Nov 13, 2014
Well, I have seen lots of guys defending the prospect that IRCC should not resume their services right now.

I JUST DON'T CARE what you guys think or what you are assuming but it's our right to get citizenship on time.

When PR process is open, everything is almost open - what is the problem/issues granting rights to their permanent residents to achieve citizenship.

One of the guy commented that not giving citizenship will prevent the spread of COVID - Are you serious??? So in the context if PR is open and people are coming from all over the world to Canada, you mean to say if we the permanent resident get citizenship - We the becoming Canadians will spread COVID by travelling from Canada to World Wide? Or If Guy A gets citizenship, he will travel 6 times in a year in contrast to not having Citizenship.

Well, it really tells the priority of government by not taking steps to start the citizenship process - like the 2nd class citizens eeh?

For certain people, citizenship does not matter but for some it's their dream. They have struggled to get that. But very few will understand.

To summarize: It's all about priority and nothing else and if someone is saying about the safety of government officers then are you implying that millions of people who are going to work does not need that safety or they are less human.....
"....it's our right to get citizenship on time."
Get you facts straight.. Canadian Citizenship is a privilege and not your right. Prioritizing resources is the prerogative of IRCC and there are very good reasons to prioritize PR process over citizenship grants.. Yes, it is inconvenient for you but it is the truth- deal with it.

"...like the 2nd class citizens eeh?"
Well you are not a citizen yet, so first or second class has no meaning. You can play that card after you get the citizenship.

"...but for some it's their dream."
Your dreams are your problems.. IRCC has its own priorities , fulfillment of your dreams isn't one of them.

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020

When did I constantly telling people "they can do nothing but wait" and how does it become a "bigger question"?

I am also one of the applicants who have been waiting for oath ceremony for a few months. I am also feeling frustrated. I also want to get citizenship asap. But again WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT? Like it or not, calling/ writing to IRCC isn't going to help. Response I got from them was just something like"You need to wait"/ "People applied at the same time and got citizenship before you were just lucky".

With all that said, there is a pandemic going on so we have to pay more patience for sure. Also stay calm and don't be mad at people, at least don't do that to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: blatanttruth1

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019

I happen to know someone who applied for an European citizenship and over there the COVID situation actually has made the processes faster: the immigration personnel can focus on processing the cases.

Reactions: fr72

blatanttruth1

Nov 13, 2014
When did I constantly telling people "they can do nothing but wait" and how does it become a "bigger question"?

I am also one of the applicants who have been waiting for oath ceremony for a few month. I am also feeling frustrated. I also want to get citizenship asap. But again WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT? Like it or not, calling/ writing to IRCC isn't going to help. Response I got from them was just something like"You need to wait"/ "People applied at the same time and got citizenship before you were just lucky".

With all that said, there is a pandemic going on so we have to pay more patience for sure. Also stay calm and don't be mad at people, at least don't do that to me.
Just ignore these hyperactive souls. Bottom line is that there is a situation which is beyond our control. One can either (a) stay positive, patient and happy, OR (b) chose to hyperventilate, criticize everything under the sun, and be pessimistic. It's a choice.
Good you for that you selected option (a). Ones that are coming after you are ones who chose (b) - so let them be. Stay Positive !

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Let's have a lump sum calculation to get just a rough idea of virtual ceremonies per Province.

Given:
Approx clients waiting citizenship ceremony = 42,000 (as of May 2020)
Total Presiding officials = 20
Approx Ceremonies per day = 10
Approx Ceremonies (Clients) per week = 1,000
Provinces = 10
----------------------------------
Approx clients per Province waiting citizenship ceremony = 4,200 (as of May 2020)

CASE 1 (Citizenship officers working remotely):
Approx ceremonies (clients) per Province per Day = 20
Approx ceremonies (clients) per Province per Week = 100
Approx ceremonies (clients) per Province per Month = 400
Approx timeline to clear backlog per Province = 10.5 months (May 2020 to Feb/Mar 2021)

CASE 2 (Citizenship officers working in-offices):
As per Memo, Group anticipated to be no larger than 20 participants (availability of larger video screens).

Approx ceremonies (clients) per Province per Day = 40
Approx ceremonies (clients) per Province per Week = 200
Approx ceremonies (clients) per Province per Month = 800
Approx timeline to clear backlog per Province = 5.25 months (May 2020 to Sep/Oct 2020)

Ref Source:

PDF Memo document: Citizenship_ATIP. Citizenship Virtual Ceremonies and Tests

Reactions: Flandernss and HMJC