+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
I am wondering, don't they converted paper files into digital before start processing? that's what i heard
Maybe they do but the forms are Protected B when completed and IRCC may not have the infrastructure required to remotely access these forms.

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
no. they are not on paper. first thing they do is to upload the system with them.
very disappointing.

I have a feeling that they consider 3 years of PR too short to apply for citizenship. so they just pretend they need one year and a half of processing.
that is crazy too long time to process something. 1.5 years is silly too much. and for us applicants of August 2019. it might be worst.

very disappointing!

Reactions: rubz9911

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
haa
no. they are not on paper. first thing they do is to upload the system with them.
very disappointing.

I have a feeling that they consider 3 years of PR too short to apply for citizenship. so they just pretend they need one year and a half of processing.
that is crazy too long time to process something. 1.5 years is silly too much. and for us applicants of August 2019. it might be worst.

very disappointing!
haha, good point

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I am wondering, don't they converted paper files into digital before start processing? that's what i heard
It's not about paper or digital format. It's about the classification of the document. The facilities where our files are processed are classified as Secret facilities, with the required equipment and employee with certain levels of security clearance. That's why work from home is not possible

omarragab

Aug 15, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
didarkursun:

Got test ingite and passed on February 10th, 2020. Asked for passport stamps which was sent on February 16th.

Waiting on oath invite.

vikasyadav6892

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Just to update everyone, I got decision made this week.

I had my test on 30th January and passed it. Till this Monday it was showing 'In Process'. It must have changed today or yesterday.

I was under the impression that IRCC is not working currently on files due to this COVID, but it seems they just started again.

Good Luck everyone and stay safe!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: issteven

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I had my test on 30th January and passed it. Till this Monday it was showing 'In Process'. It must have changed today or yesterday.

I was under the impression that IRCC is not working currently on files due to this COVID, but it seems they just started again.

Congratulations! And that's good news for everyone.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing. May be things have started to move.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Hello,

I will satisfy the 1095 days physical presence requirement for citizenship application in February 2021. And I am planning to apply in March 2021 after filling my third tax return. However, I noticed that most applicants wait for at least two months after the 1095 day before submit their application.

Why is that? And would I face any problems if I filed my application on next March?

issteven

Jan 2, 2014

very good news!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

I will satisfy the 1095 days physical presence requirement for citizenship application in February 2021. And I am planning to apply in March 2021 after filling my third tax return. However, I noticed that most applicants wait for at least two months after the 1095 day before submit their application.

Why is that? And would I face any problems if I filed my application on next March?
Even IRCC recommends that you do NOT apply with EXACTLY 1095 days. The reasoning behind it is that if you accidentally miss any dates or if the calculation of physical presence is calculated incorrectly for any other reason, then you might just get your application back, get a RQ and then be found ineligible to apply. This is especially true for people who traveled outside Canada after becoming a Permanent Resident.

When it comes to immigration matters, the mantra is "better safe than sorry..." If you are unable to wait for 2 months, wait for at least as long as possible AFTER 1095 days of physical presence. Do NOT apply with exactly 1095 days.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Even IRCC recommends that you do NOT apply with EXACTLY 1095 days. The reasoning behind it is that if you accidentally miss any dates or if the calculation of physical presence is calculated incorrectly for any other reason, then you might just get your application back, get a RQ and then be found ineligible to apply. This is especially true for people who traveled outside Canada after becoming a Permanent Resident.

When it comes to immigration matters, the mantra is "better safe than sorry..." If you are unable to wait for 2 months, wait for at least as long as possible AFTER 1095 days of physical presence. Do NOT apply with exactly 1095 days.
Thank you for your response. However, I didn’t leave Montreal since I settled here (except when I had landed in Canada and then returned to Saudi Arabia to finish my affaires with my employer there. It took me a year to finish the whole affaire, in which I could accurately track the dates since I landed. And I never left Canada since). So, is it OK if I applied next March? What kind of complications I might face when counting my physical presence days in Canada?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for your response. However, I didn’t leave Montreal since I settled here (except when I had landed in Canada and then returned to Saudi Arabia to finish my affaires with my employer there. It took me a year to finish the whole affaire, in which I could accurately track the dates since I landed. And I never left Canada since). So, is it OK if I applied next March? What kind of complications I might face when counting my physical presence days in Canada?
When you want to apply is your choice. I am just giving you my opinion.

You can definitely apply next March if you want to apply that urgently. However,personally, I it is not (and a sizable number of people would agree) advisable to apply with 1095 days. If you can't wait 2 months, wait a couple of weeks over 1095 days and then apply (or at least a week). Have some breathing room, is what I would say.

Again, this is only my opinion - You might not even have any issues if you apply with exactly 1095 days, who knows. But personally, I would never do that unless I had extremely compelling reasons.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
When you want to apply is your choice. I am just giving you my opinion.

You can definitely apply next March if you want to apply that urgently. However,personally, I it is not (and a sizable number of people would agree) advisable to apply with 1095 days. If you can't wait 2 months, wait a couple of weeks over 1095 days and then apply (or at least a week). Have some breathing room, is what I would say.

Again, this is only my opinion - You might not even have any issues if you apply with exactly 1095 days, who knows. But personally, I would never do that unless I had extremely compelling reasons.
I am not really in harry and I have no urgent reasons to apply early or late. I am not even eligible for citizenship before 2021. I just want to understand how the processing work and what should I expect. Thank you for your help.