+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

We have submitted our application in August 2019 and its in process since December 2019. No news after that. Had received fingerprint for my spouse only and that was submitted by December 2019. Still no updates, what can I do ?

Thanks
Silvi

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Guys,

We have submitted our application in August 2019 and its in process since December 2019. No news after that. Had received fingerprint for my spouse only and that was submitted by December 2019. Still no updates, what can I do ?

Thanks
Silvi
Hi,
Check with IRCC about the fingerprints if they received and you can also ask about the status of your application process to know what is causing a delay, if any.

Since you are within the normal processing time (12 months as per IRCC) I dont think you should be worried as each case is dealt uniquely.

Having said that, I can understand your position specially when people from Sept and Oct have attained their citizenship and some even from Nov have got their test invite while you are still waiting for your test invite.

All the best with your further process and I sincerely hope it gets done faster from here on.

Reactions: Silvi6

Amberhargun

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
ECAS status changed to 'Decision Made' for my wife and I however my kids are still showing 'In Progress'
Same is with my application as well my file status changes to decision made 4 weeks ago but my two kids file status is just in process nothing changed and no oath ceremony letter yet. God knows when we

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
I'm also in Montreal, and still didn't receive the invite.
Does the invite show on the "Client Application Status", or you only receive an email?

I wonder if the current situation with COVID-19 will impact the process (not that they don't want to give ou citizenship, but that they will pull resources to focus on the crisis, which will slow the process)

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Same is with my application as well my file status changes to decision made 4 weeks ago but my two kids file status is just in process nothing changed and no oath ceremony letter yet. God knows when we
Congrats on the DM.

Based on some posts I read in this forum sometime back, I believe the child/children status remains in process and goes into completed once the citizenship is granted and the parent's cases come to a closed/completed state.

Will have to dig those post as I don't have them handy right away. Lets see if anyone else share their experience.

Amberhargun

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Congrats on the DM.

Based on some posts I read in this forum sometime back, I believe the child/children status remains in process and goes into completed once the citizenship is granted and the parent's cases come to a closed/completed state.

Will have to dig those post as I don't have them handy right away. Lets see if anyone else share their experience.
Thanks

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,
Check with IRCC about the fingerprints if they received and you can also ask about the status of your application process to know what is causing a delay, if any.

Since you are within the normal processing time (12 months as per IRCC) I dont think you should be worried as each case is dealt uniquely.

Having said that, I can understand your position especially when people from Sept and Oct have attained their citizenship and some even from Nov have got their test invite while you are still waiting for your test invite.

All the best with your further process and I sincerely hope it gets done faster from here on.
Thanks. I contacted them on phone number - 1 888 242 2100 and the answer is same as being displayed on ecas :(

Last edited:

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Beyond the question of why Montreal is so slow compared to Alberta or Ontario, why some people's processes are so fast and others so slow (even taking into consideration FP Requests and Urgent Processing Requests). Would anybody know or guess?

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Beyond the question of why Montreal is so slow compared to Alberta or Ontario, why some people's processes are so fast and others so slow (even taking into consideration FP Requests and Urgent Processing Requests). Would anybody know or guess?
by looking at Nov sheet, few people from Montreal office got test invites ahead of everyone else. i think it depends on each application, not the offices.

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Look at London, it’s by far late than any other cities. :(:(:(