+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Ottawa105

Nov 8, 2019
Yes.

Have you provided Form I-94 to them? If yes that will be helpful and make your application process fast.

If not, Officer might request this on his own and it may take weeks or months

no I didn't, not sure if it is too late. Also, not sure how to get one. When I go to USA site for I94, the information of my entry and departure shows on the screen but not sure how to get an official one

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
no I didn't, not sure if it is too late. Also, not sure how to get one. When I go to USA site for I94, the information of my entry and departure shows on the screen but not sure how to get an official one
Go to https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home#section
Just adjacent to the Home Button on the left side of the page - Click on Apply for New-I94 > Click on Apply Now
Fill the details
Current fee as mentioned on the website is USD6

All the best

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Go to https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home#section
Just adjacent to the Home Button on the left side of the page - Click on Apply for New-I94 > Click on Apply Now
Fill the details
Current fee as mentioned on the website is USD6

All the best
This process is for when you want to cross a land border to enter the US and pay for an I-94 in advance. This won’t help with a Canadian citizenship application.

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
This is very frustrating. Got DM on Feb 21, which is two months after the exam we took on DEC 30/2019. It is now March 6, still no Oath invite. It seems there isn't any movement at all from Hamilton office. (Family of 3)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If they asked for the official one, and the unofficial online I-94 record is not acceptable, you make a request at foiaonline.gov. Search for posts by the user CitizenOrNot for more exact details. I haven’t gone through this process myself.

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015

Ottawa105

Nov 8, 2019
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search is the website where you can download the travel history to the States. This is the link to request a formal release of your records through the Freedom Of Information Act https://foiaonline.gov/foiaonline/action/public/request

We have requested our travel history through FOIA yesterday. It takes about 6-12 weeks to receive it.

That long? I am screwed......

The citizenship officer did not ask for any document, all he said was similar to " you passed the test but I will have to verify the dates of your visit outside Canada and if everything is okay, then you will hear back from us within 4-8 weeks"

Simron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
Nomination.....
12-1-2012
Interview........
25 October 2012
Passport Req..
Passport & medicals sent on 27 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 November 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
Great. where was your ceremony and how many participants were in oath ceremony. Mr Prime Minister was chief guest? Pl share
There were 50 participants at Wolfville NS. Prime Minister was a great surprise. Idon't think he had been in other ceremonies, I don't know if it was pre planned or he happened to be in area.

borisnet

Nov 27, 2014
My wife and I wrote the test on 03/04 and cleared it. The officer mentioned it will take about 6 to 8 weeks to get the oath invite. ECAS shows "In Progress", only update i see is the initial acknowledgment with details about "Discover Canada". Hopefully, it will be faster than the 8 weeks they mentioned.
Glad you passed the test - hopefully the instructions I shared with you to get there worked.
I cleared the test on Jan 15 in Ottawa and was told 4 to 6 weeks for the invite to come in. It will have been 8 weeks at the end of next week. The website still shows 'in Progress' with the latest updated asking me to submit my fingerprint. That was done in December. I emailed RCMP and got confirmation they submitted my fingerprints on the 19th of December which makes sense since I received the invite for the test on the 20th of December.
I do not believe that the client application status online tool is reliable, especially reading others still waiting after moving to 'Decision made'.

Now let's wait for the coronavirus to affect the Oath ceremonies in the next few weeks... another delay.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Glad you passed the test - hopefully the instructions I shared with you to get there worked.
I cleared the test on Jan 15 in Ottawa and was told 4 to 6 weeks for the invite to come in. It will have been 8 weeks at the end of next week. The website still shows 'in Progress' with the latest updated asking me to submit my fingerprint. That was done in December. I emailed RCMP and got confirmation they submitted my fingerprints on the 19th of December which makes sense since I received the invite for the test on the 20th of December.
I do not believe that the client application status online tool is reliable, especially reading others still waiting after moving to 'Decision made'.

Now let's wait for the coronavirus to affect the Oath ceremonies in the next few weeks... another delay.
Hi you must call customer care they will tell you about scheduling your oath. I am feb 2019 applicant. I appeared for interview on 5th Feb 2020 and yesterday I called customer care and they told me that my oath has been scheduled but not yet generated. By known about scheduling I am now relaxed.

borisnet

Nov 27, 2014
Hi you must call customer care they will tell you about scheduling your oath. I am feb 2019 applicant. I appeared for interview on 5th Feb 2020 and yesterday I called customer care and they told me that my oath has been scheduled but not yet generated. By known about scheduling I am now relaxed.
Can you point me at the number you called please?

Don't want to sound too harsh but it did not sound like an answer but more of a tactic to get you to wait a bit longer :D

vicky159

Jul 24, 2015

The details you provided were very helpful. Everything went smoothly. Hopefully, the wait will be over soon.

Reactions: borisnet

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
That long? I am screwed......

The citizenship officer did not ask for any document, all he said was similar to " you passed the test but I will have to verify the dates of your visit outside Canada and if everything is okay, then you will hear back from us within 4-8 weeks"
Don't worry too much.

Please order I-94 so you have something handy.

I really hope you get your oath before 8 week finishes.

In case and just in case, you don't hear within 8 weeks. Call IRCC and at the same time get your ATIP Notes to see what is going on with your file.

akaribrahmama

Feb 21, 2020
Dear All,
I am writing this as I am quite concerned on my family Citizenship application
Background - I had applied (as an individual) for Canadian Citizenship back in 2011 and my application in spite of providing huge documentation as asked by RQ was considered abandoned in 2015. I was really in a shock to know of abandonment of my individual application in spite of huge amount of time energy and money spent on providing the details asked by CIC.

Long story short, I now have re-applied along with my family of 3
On August 25 2019 (after almost 5 years)
Delivered End of August 2019,
In process- Nov 10 2019.
Days: Spouses – 1200 & 1445 and daughter - 1180

My big concern is - now that I have re-applied along with family after a gap of 10 years, whether the previous application which was considered abandoned by CIC will have any effect on my new family Citizenship application.

We shall much appreciate any ideas from all folks from this forum that may make a difference to our lives. Th…..