+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Ziets

Aug 23, 2019
Are there people who haven't received a test date yet? Seems like a lot of people have. My application processing date was Nov 28, 2019 and I've yet to receive a test date. Oh well, gotta play the waiting game I guess.
I'm in the exact same boat. Went In Process Nov 28 and since then no movement. So far its still in the normal range. Looking at the spreadsheet it can average out to something like 4 or 5 months from IP to Test Invite.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are there people who haven't received a test date yet? Seems like a lot of people have. My application processing date was Nov 28, 2019 and I've yet to receive a test date. Oh well, gotta play the waiting game I guess.

Yes. There are some people who applied in March and April 2019 and waiting for Test schedule. 1 year is the SLA so I would say pls be mentally prepared to wait till August 2020 for decision made. Please don't get impatient looking at others who got faster processing. The case office location matters the most.. GTA locations such as Scarboro and Brampton are delayed, for obvious reasons... and places like Edmonton that are capital towns with lesser applicants show faster processing.

You are right... this is mostly a waiting game till August 2020. But that is only 6 more months.. time flies fast if we are not obsessed on this.

Reactions: brandon.smith

brandon.smith

Mar 22, 2016
Yes. There are some people who applied in March and April 2019 and waiting for Test schedule. 1 year is the SLA so I would say pls be mentally prepared to wait till August 2020 for decision made. Please don't get impatient looking at others who got faster processing. The case office location matters the most.. GTA locations such as Scarboro and Brampton are delayed, for obvious reasons... and places like Edmonton that are capital towns with lesser applicants show faster processing.

You are right... this is mostly a waiting game till August 2020. But that is only 6 more months.. time flies fast if we are not obsessed on this.
Well said mate.. I applied on May and still waiting for the test invite.. Unfortunately My file is processed in Mississauga Office. can't do nothing but just wait..

WorriedMe20

Aug 19, 2019
Thank you!
Test is tomorrow morning in Scarborough, will let you all know how it went :)
Hi everyone, I promised to leave a feedback here.
Both me and my husband passed our test on Saturday, February 22nd (Scarborough). There was a looooot of people on the test, big part of the room didn't had space between us (no empty seats between us writing the test). They gave us 4-5 different versions of the test so we can't cheat/copy from each other.

Test wasn't super easy but also not too difficult. I would recommend reading Discover Canada at least two, but I would suggest 3 or more times, and then practice those free online tests.

Interview went well, they did asked us about our travels and living in different locations in Canada. Now we are waiting for Decision Made and Oath Invite.

Edit: just checked our status and it's already changed to Decision Made (we took test on Saturday and today is Monday)

Last edited:

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a looooot of people on the test, big part of the room didn't had space between us (no empty seats between us writing the test). They gave us 4-5 different versions of the test so we can't cheat/copy from each other.

Thanks for the feedback. All roads lead to Canada. We get about 0.5 million people every year, most of them in GTA, so this is not a surprise.

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Hi everyone, I promised to leave a feedback here.
Both me and my husband passed our test on Saturday, February 22nd (Scarborough). There was a looooot of people on the test, big part of the room didn't had space between us (no empty seats between us writing the test). They gave us 4-5 different versions of the test so we can't cheat/copy from each other.

Test wasn't super easy but also not too difficult. I would recommend reading Discover Canada at least two, but I would suggest 3 or more times, and then practice those free online tests.

Interview went well, they did asked us about our travels and living in different locations in Canada. Now we are waiting for Decision Made and Oath Invite.

Edit: just checked our status and it's already changed to Decision Made (we took test on Saturday and today is Monday)
Can you please share your timeline?

che2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
nov 19 IP here

borisnet

Nov 27, 2014
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 12, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 1, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on November 28, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 30, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 23, 2019 at ?:?? PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
This was IP to DM.
No FP request for me.

My ECAS just got updated today like the below.

5. We sent you a notice on February 20, 2020 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 17, 2020 at ?:?? PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Thank you that is interesting. I was invited to take the test and took it successfully on Jan 15 but the line around the notice has never showed on my ECAS.
I guess I will send them a note.

vicky159

Jul 24, 2015
Can anyone from Ottawa give me an idea on how long does the test process take. I have a toddler and need to plan my day.

@admin - received test invite today on Email for 03/04 - Ottawa. Can you update the sheet. No update on ecas. Still in progress

borisnet

Nov 27, 2014
Can anyone from Ottawa give me an idea on how long does the test process take. I have a toddler and need to plan my day.

@admin - received test invite today on Email for 03/04 - Ottawa. Can you update the sheet. No update on ecas. Still in progress
In Ottawa, did mine on Jan 15 at 10:45am. Arrived early like 10:15am and finished after the interview around 12-ish. It depends on a few factor I would say.
  1. Amount of people invited at the same time as you (hard to predict)
  2. Time of the day for your test - I entered the room 10:40am something and the test started closer to 11am
  3. Time it takes for you to clear the test - you have maximum 30 minutes anyway
  4. If you are in the first few clearing the test, you get first in line for interview which takes less than 3 minutes unless they have specific questions
I would count 2 hours from start to finish and to be safe 2 hours and a half. That is after parking your car in Ottawa which is a nightmare during the day so I would not underestimate taking a method of transportation that prevents you having to run around all parking lots hoping to find one with free spots.

vicky159

Jul 24, 2015
In Ottawa, did mine on Jan 15 at 10:45am. Arrived early like 10:15am and finished after the interview around 12-ish. It depends on a few factor I would say.
  2. Time of the day for your test - I entered the room 10:40am something and the test started closer to 11am
  4. If you are in the first few clearing the test, you get first in line for interview which takes less than 3 minutes unless they have specific questions
I would count 2 hours from start to finish and to be safe 2 hours and a half. That is after parking your car in Ottawa which is a nightmare during the day so I would not underestimate taking a method of transportation that prevents you having to run around all parking lots hoping to find one with free spots.
This is super helpful. Thanks a lot.

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Thanks for your info, can you advise where to park the car? Is it the test taken place on Queen st? Is there parking on site? Thanks.