+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
it Is frustrating but not much you can do even with a lawyer. i would continue emailing the deputy minister , she is really helping.

Reactions: mbi3000

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
This is my mother’s August 2019 Application. Her file is practically untouched. ATIP says file in Archives for online test but she is 70 years old. I have tried everything to understand what’s going on but to no avail. Do guys recommend going for a lawyer?

BG update is the first stage,,, soon you will be others,,,

Reactions: mbi3000

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
Hi all,

I am in Mississauga, I applied for citizenship on Aug 2019 and I had been stuck in "The security verifications are in process", my wife got her citizenship test done already in Sep 2021 and the last update I have on my file is on 20 Jan 2020. I constantly phone CIC and they have the same answer that my application is not routine and I have to wait untill security check is done and that there is no time frame.

I contacted MP twice, I also got my ATIP and GCMS notes. The file was transferred to the GTA-CEN IRCC office for continued processing of the application. After contacting my MP this week, it came to my knowledge that my criminality verifications have expired on December 24, 2020 and will need to be reworked. However, I did not recieve a request to resubmit my fingerprints My seconday office is Mississauga.

It is really frustrating. Any one has an experience or advice to deal with such situation, can I ask the MP to get more involved, Do I get a lawyer help ? Shall go to the office in person?

Thanks a lot

anoop90

Sep 15, 2019
Hi. I sent my application on 24th Aug 2019. Received AOR on 22 Nov 2019. My applications status tracker was last updated on 23 April 2021. The background check is still in process.

Got an update from my MP this week. They confirmed that my application's security is still in progress and criminality has expired. I am going to request for ATIP notes from CSIS regarding the security check. Could someone please confirm whether I should request ATIP under the Access to Information Act or under the Privacy Act?.

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi all,

Finally my journey reached its final destination. Please update my record.
- oath invite received on March 23rd, 2022
- Oath ceremony on April 5th 2022
- Application status updated to close on 7th April.
waiting for the certificate.
i wish everyone a good luck and hope all the 2019 applicants will become citizens very soon. please do not give up, keep knocking all possible doors.

yv14

Jan 30, 2021
Hi all,

Finally my journey reached its final destination. Please update my record.
- oath invite received on March 23rd, 2022
- Oath ceremony on April 5th 2022
- Application status updated to close on 7th April.
waiting for the certificate.
i wish everyone a good luck and hope all the 2019 applicants will become citizens very soon. please do not give up, keep knocking all possible doors.
Congratulations. Update is done!

Reactions: Hash1979

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
ECAS (the new timeline version) is inaccessible right now, it has been so since yesterday evening, it's the case for everyone i guess?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
ECAS (the new timeline version) is inaccessible right now, it has been so since yesterday evening, it's the case for everyone i guess?
Yes.
How can you guys still wait? I see 2021 applicants get citizenship within 6 months!

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Yes.
How can you guys still wait? I see 2021 applicants get citizenship within 6 months!
You don't want me getting started, we have no other choice, we either have to wait or become crazy...I'm literally having periods of anxiety because of this. I'm separated from my fiancee who's studying abroad, we were supposed to plan our wedding and get married this summer...and It's costing me a lot of money as I'm providing for her and for myself in two separate places...Just wish there was someone who is actually able to help me because until now no one could. What's more frustrating is that some people just get it fast and easy even though it's not urgent for them

Last edited: