+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
My application was applied in Aug.2019, and was in process since Nov.14, 2019. Currently only background verification was completed. I had sent out webforms and made calls to IRCC, the replies were always like "please wait", "no further information".

I've also contacted my local MP office, they were very nice and helped to inquire for my case. But the result was the same--"Please Wait". I also tried to submit an urgent request to IRCC, and they didn't accept it.

It was so ridiculous that the application was in IRCC office for more than two years, and still in process. Is there any other ways that I can inquire? My CPC office is Mississauga. I found it's hard to reach the CPC office, the webform was sent to IRCC central. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
My application was applied in Aug.2019, and was in process since Nov.14, 2019. Currently only background verification was completed. I had sent out webforms and made calls to IRCC, the replies were always like "please wait", "no further information".

I've also contacted my local MP office, they were very nice and helped to inquire for my case. But the result was the same--"Please Wait". I also tried to submit an urgent request to IRCC, and they didn't accept it.

It was so ridiculous that the application was in IRCC office for more than two years, and still in process. Is there any other ways that I can inquire? My CPC office is Mississauga. I found it's hard to reach the CPC office, the webform was sent to IRCC central. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
I can suggest you a really good option . Sit infront of their office without food and water they might take notice because all other options dont work.

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
Same here. It has officially been 2 years since I’ve applied. My DM was done July 14th. Who knows when I’ll get an oath invite. It’s frustrating as hell to have to wait this long. Even my passport (of my home country) has expired.
Oh and my processing office is Toronto.
I applied from KW. I passed my test in March 2021, got my DM in April, and dead silence since. Oath invites could take months, I wouldn't be surprised if we receive them next year.

• Wow
Reactions: josal83

andyincanada

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-10-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
Med's Done....
20-10-2016
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Apr-2017
Just completed the oath ceremony. Mississauga office, 55 people in the ceremony. The long journey from Aug 2019 is now complete. I wish everyone gets their citizenship at the very earliest. Best wishes.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Thanks in advance.
Apply again.
I dont see an option as i never heard that they adjudicated an application by keeping it at cpc sydney. 2 years is enough time to change the plan.

Reactions: luvtrump

el02220

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
this is latest that i received

"Due to the current events, many of our resources have been redirected to support the Afghanistan dedicated phone line. As a result, you will not get a reply to this enquiry. A limited amount of agents remain available for telephone enquiries related to urgent cases only until further notice."

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
this is latest that i received

"Due to the current events, many of our resources have been redirected to support the Afghanistan dedicated phone line. As a result, you will not get a reply to this enquiry. A limited amount of agents remain available for telephone enquiries related to urgent cases only until further notice."
I wonder if this is true for every aspect of applications processing, which I believe it is. Unfortunately, this means more and more delays are expected for each step.

By the way, when did your ceremony updated to in progress after DM?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I wonder if this is true for every aspect of applications processing, which I believe it is. Unfortunately, this means more and more delays are expected for each step.

By the way, when did your ceremony updated to in progress after DM?
Afghanistan is the future of Canada. Those million afghan refugees are going to Make Canada Great again so they are in priority

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
So as i requested Notes from RCMP i got this reply

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police Access to Information and Privacy Branch is unable to process requests such as this. These requests are handled by the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services.

Still waiting on GCMS notes from IRCC way past the due date.

• Wow
Reactions: el02220

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
So as i requested Notes from RCMP i got this reply

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police Access to Information and Privacy Branch is unable to process requests such as this. These requests are handled by the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services.

Still waiting on GCMS notes from IRCC way past the due date.
But you dont have any delay/issue from rcmp dept.
Its only the physical presence as far as i see, just with cbsa.

when did you apply for gcms - how many days before?
I thought to wait for requesting gcms, may be i should do it today since it takes anyway more than 30-40 days.