+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

el02220

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
IRCC is sending me emails to provide me proof of fingerprinting. is this normal? I asked RCMP for receipt and they said it is very unusual.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
IRCC is sending me emails to provide me proof of fingerprinting. is this normal? I asked RCMP for receipt and they said it is very unusual.
Ircc right now is like a bull who saw red color . They are just going about the applications to show tax payers that they are clearing the backlog. They will find the smallest thing to put you in non routine to move onto the next one .

Reactions: el02220

el02220

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Ircc right now is like a bull who saw red color . They are just going about the applications to show tax payers that they are clearing the backlog. They will find the smallest thing to put you in non routine to move onto the next one .
Agreed, they already asked for my fingerprints twice.(although I have given the test ) I replied to them that RCMP has advised against providing anything in email and copied RCMP too (I took their email ) . I'll call IRCC tomorrow and tell them story to check what are they up to

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Agreed, they already asked for my fingerprints twice.(although I have given the test ) I replied to them that RCMP has advised against providing anything in email and copied RCMP too (I took their email ) . I'll call IRCC tomorrow and tell them story to check what are they up to
Yeah do that. Ircc is in full vengence mode .

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Does moving from Montreal to Ottawa affect the processing time of the application ? Would it get more delayed ? any idea ?

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Does moving from Montreal to Ottawa affect the processing time of the application ? Would it get more delayed ? any idea ?
@luvtrump yes there might be a delay as Montreal and Ottawa is covered by two different IRCC offices and file needs to be transfered. Pre-covid this was around 2-4 months.

Reactions: luvtrump

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
It is frustrating... My criminality check was done since last November and my application hasn't moved a bit, GCMS notes say the application was last touched in January. There is no form of logic either, someone who applied 6 months later than me can have his application done way before.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
It is frustrating... My criminality check was done since last November and my application hasn't moved a bit, GCMS notes say the application was last touched in January. There is no form of logic either, someone who applied 6 months later than me can have his application done way before.

agreed, im so frustrated myself , people applied in 2020 are getting their oath right away. I have no idea what the hell is going on with CIC i do not even know whom to complain , what to do . whom to call . Im totally lost.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am an August 2019 applicant from Scarborough. I received my online test invite for the duration starting today till 27th.. I did my test and passed with 20/20.. it was quite easy. There is no update in GCMS either for the test invite received or result.. Is the next GCMS update directly Decision Made?

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
I am an August 2019 applicant from Scarborough. I received my online test invite for the duration starting today till 27th.. I did my test and passed with 20/20.. it was quite easy. There is no update in GCMS either for the test invite received or result.. Is the next GCMS update directly Decision Made?
By GCMS, you mean ECAS?

I don't think there would be any sort of update beyond the application "In Process" or other updates such as correspondences for fingerprints etc.

The last two update would be "Decision Made" and "Complete" right after.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By GCMS, you mean ECAS?

I don't think there would be any sort of update beyond the application "In Process" or other updates such as correspondences for fingerprints etc.

The last two update would be "Decision Made" and "Complete" right after.
Understood, thanks

Reactions: thesonicbro

nepali1989

Aug 13, 2019
Hi all, I received my oath invite 25 mins ago. See details below.

Surrey, BC
Physical Presence: 1384
Application sent: August 8, 2019
Application Delivered: August 13, 2019
AOR: October 31, 2019
In Process: November 26, 2019
Test invite: January 14, 2021
Test date: January 31, 2021 PASSED
Decision Made: March 11, 2021
Oath Invite Email: April 29, 2021
Oath Ceremony: May 19, 2021
Certificate Received:
can someone please update the tracker?

Bella Swan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14, 2013 (MPNP) July 8, 2014 CIO
Doc's Request.
October 21, 2014 RPRF, COC
Nomination.....
April 30, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2014
Med's Request
October 21, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Passport Req..
October 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2014
My husband sent his fingerprints last week of Feb 2021. We both passed the online citizenship before that. And haven’t heard anything as well. We originally applied for citizenship back in August 2019 here in Winnipeg.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
My husband sent his fingerprints last week of Feb 2021. We both passed the online citizenship before that. And haven’t heard anything as well. We originally applied for citizenship back in August 2019 here in Winnipeg.
nobody knows what is going on with CIC and how they are processing applicants.