+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
You are talking about the Solemn Declaration Form right? I was actually also thinking about filling up that form, but it might not be necessary in my case as my status remains "submitted", so no sign of production of the card.
Yes that’s the one. The problem is I’m 99% sure that my application was approved right as the office shut and it’s not even made it to the printers

cadence

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
What is your application status now? I think the other two folks are demanding refund for their other applications lodged earlier with IRCC after their PR was approved:)
Mine has no status. Webform recently told me security has not started. Can you believe it? Not, started! On what earth? I ordered notes the second time, but it's been more than 30 days and I haven't received it yet. 2020 is vely vely vely bad!

ravirex

Apr 26, 2019
Hi,

I received my GCMS notes and that the final decision was approved on 16th dec 2019 at CPC Edmonton, and the file was transferred to my local VO, Toronto Etobicoke.
6th months passed on Feb 5, 2020.
The document issuance section says that there was a COPR document number, counterfoil document number.
There is no mention about any passport request letter.
I have been approved in December, but I havent received any email yet.
Is there anything else that I can check in my GCMS notes?

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I received my GCMS notes and that the final decision was approved on 16th dec 2019 at CPC Edmonton, and the file was transferred to my local VO, Toronto Etobicoke.
6th months passed on Feb 5, 2020.
The document issuance section says that there was a COPR document number, counterfoil document number.
There is no mention about any passport request letter.
I have been approved in December, but I havent received any email yet.
Is there anything else that I can check in my GCMS notes?
I think you will only get a passport request if you are not from a visa exempt county. If a decision is already made in December and you haven’t heard from them since just give them a call or send them a webform, they will notify the concerning officer

ravirex

Apr 26, 2019
I think you will only get a passport request if you are not from a visa exempt county. If a decision is already made in December and you haven’t heard from them since just give them a call or send them a webform, they will notify the concerning officer
I am not from a visa exempt country, but have been on a work permit in Canada since 2017. When I raised a webform in feb, I received a reply saying that the application is under progress, and because of COVID, they havent been picking up calls since early march.

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
So you are August AOR and you are still waiting? This is insane!
My case is still not finalized yet. The latest webform reply suggests my eligibility might be met (it says "The background verifications are currently valid" other than "The criminal background verification is currently valid. " -- something I never came across before so guess it was supposed to mean eligibility); however, my security has not been initiated even after almost 8 months of processing...
This is quite a let-down experience.

Reactions: baltzly

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
So update from me. Got a webform back saying the mailed it.......to my old address.... That I not only changed by webform but gave the new one to the agent when I landed. The inefficiency of these guys doesn't cease to amaze me.

Now I'm trying to track down the envelope.

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Wow, that's incredibly disorganized... Does this mean they have to resend your card? If so, you will have to wait out another lengthy period...
I'm really really annoyed about it. It's weird though. I managed to speak to the new resident in my old place and they said they haven't received anything. So now I really don't know what's going on. I have asked for the tracking number from IRCC and will see then.

Yeah it sucks because its starting over again, but I want to see where the old card is first

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
It is unlikely that the old card was lost on its way to your previous residence. Maybe the new resident saw the mail but thought it was wrongly addressed, so he or she threw it away without even opening it to see what's inside.
As far as I know, their PR card processing office is now partially closed. If they need to print a new one and mail it to you again, you may really have some waiting to do.
The new person said they had mail from someone else ( the resident before me) but nothing addressed to me. So weird. I’m hoping I’m going to get a tracking number

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Can we actually trust Canada Post's service? Maybe their redirection service is not functioning properly...

The whereabout of your card is now a mystery.... How terrible...
Probably in the same place as the book my parents shipped 3 weeks ago from England that’s disappeared. Annoying I’m going to be back at square one with the card though

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Spoke to an agent today. They told me that they are working on solemn declarations from February 06. Its going to be at least another 3 months until I can get a new PR card. I am so angry and disappointed.

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I have also managed to speak to an agent earlier today. They said nothing is wrong with my PR card application but I have to wait without a specific completion time in sight because they are experiencing a high volume of applications while working at a minimum capacity, so your situation is better than mine because at least they gave you an approximate processing time...
At this rate when the borders open I will have to drive to the US and fly to the UK from there to be able to visit my family! At least they got my address wrong when you can’t travel anyway.

Reactions: baltzly