+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

cadence

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Yes that is right. Also, since almost every place is affected, don't expect that IRCC's work will be as usual. It is almost certain that we are gonna experience some degree of delay, no matter what we are waiting for (PR card, PPR...)

Is it true that IRCC is not issuing PPR due to Coronavirus? My AOR is August and I've been waiting for PPR like an ant on the boiling pot...

cadence

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Is anyone having AOR in August, other than me, still waiting for PPR? I feel like an ant on the boiling pot...

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
No. I just checked this morning, and the status is still submitted. I reckon IRCC is also disrupted by the outbreak. Their call center is already closed, and I think their other daily operation may also be affected, so it is almost impossible for them to make our PR cards on time. What about you?
No even my status is submitted and I don't have any hurry to get PR card.

Reactions: baltzly

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
That's fast! I don't even have a GU now. I think it is delayed because of the outbreak. Their call center has been closed, which indicates IRCC's work has been somewhat disrupted. That being said, it is not possible for us to travel abroad now, so COPR will do the same job within Canada:)
Yeah since we cannot travel your COPR should be fine for now.

mparavindh

Feb 19, 2020
Hey Everyone,

Like everyone else I'm also in middle of the process. I received my PPR on the 16th of March'20. However I have not yet submitted my passport and the VFS offices are closed till 31st March. Looking at the situation I feel this closure and lockdown might extend for sure. I have two questions pertaining to this:
1) Given that my passport should reach Delhi high commission Canada with 30 days of my PPR, Will they be extending the deadline because of the existing chaos ? If yes, Whom should I check this with - IRCC or Delhi high commission office?
2) In general, till when does the one time landing visa valid? Is it till the 1 yr mark from the day we got our medicals done? Will we get extension again because of the existing situation?

It would be great if somehow can help me get some clarity. Thanks in advance.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Like everyone else I'm also in middle of the process. I received my PPR on the 16th of March'20. However I have not yet submitted my passport and the VFS offices are closed till 31st March. Looking at the situation I feel this closure and lockdown might extend for sure. I have two questions pertaining to this:
1) Given that my passport should reach Delhi high commission Canada with 30 days of my PPR, Will they be extending the deadline because of the existing chaos ? If yes, Whom should I check this with - IRCC or Delhi high commission office?
2) In general, till when does the one time landing visa valid? Is it till the 1 yr mark from the day we got our medicals done? Will we get extension again because of the existing situation?

It would be great if somehow can help me get some clarity. Thanks in advance.
Hello,
Sorry to here about your situation brother, there is a way to contact delhi VFS office but I am not sure what there email is now since I haven’t contacted them in about 6 years, but since the VFS is closed until March 31st I don’t think they will be responding to you so it won’t be of much help.
Try sending a web form to IRCC https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=New Delhi
explaining your Situation, they will respond back to you within 3-4 business days and considering the situation now they should extend the 30 days deadline.
My COPR and landing visa were valid exactly until the expiry of my medicals it won’t be for 1 year.
Again send them a web form explaining about your medicals situation as well, they will either ask you to do medicals again if it is expiring soon or considering this unusual situation now they might make an exception and give you a VISA for 6 months.
Good Luck

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hey

I genuinely think our PR card processing is being delayed for the reason we all know.

The PR card processing center is in Sydney. Since Nova Scotia has already declared a state of emergency and they require at least 2 meters between people in offices, I do believe the Sydney processing center is reducing its workforce to meet that social distancing requirement, which means they almost surely have a reduced capacity now.
Ye I can understand... I am not at all in hurry...but how do you know that processing center is Sydney..

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hi all, hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
I got the ready for visa email on March 9th and sent my passport the same day. It reached Ottawa on the 11th. In the midst of this situation, do you think the passport would be stamped and sent back anytime soon as I already reside inside Canada?

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hey

If your passport reached Ottava on March 11 and you are still waiting, I can say your process is already slower than before the outbreak began. What is the status in your online account? Is it already "approved"?

My PR card is also delayed.
Hey, No my account never got updated after September 4th. Even after I had received the email. It shows checking for eligibility. Very strange to me.

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Correct. That is the case for everyone. When it changes to approved, it means they have stamped the visa and printed COPR. If the status remains the same as before you received PPR, it means they are yet to process your passport. I think all of our cases are delayed by the same reason.
Great, thanks for the response! Can I ask what the next steps should be after receiving the stamped passport?