+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Does CBSA notes give you all the info about Eligibilty and Criminlaity, in other words is it the same as GCMS with more intel about security ?

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Country of Residence: USA
Stream: FSW Outland
CRS Score - 472
ITA - June 26, 2019
AOR - August 13, 2019
MEP - Sept 3, 2019
BIL: Sept 3, 2019
First Ghost Update - Sept 4, 2019
Biometrics given - Sept 17th, 2019

Biometrics still showing :We have not received your finger prints after 5 months, raised webform and was confirmed that my fingerprints were received
Long silence.......
6 months elapsed - Feb 13, 2020
2nd Ghost Update - Feb 19, 2020
Called IRCC today to inquire about the second ghost update, I was told everything has been passed and I should be receiving the email soon.

Feb 20 - ADR for POF (To submit latest 02-27-2020) (I forgot to upload my POF when i just submitted, I uploaded a wrong file thinking it was my POF, Im so thankful my application was not rejected as incomplete. I was given an ADR for that and got PPR within 1 week after submission)
Feb 21 - ADR submitted
Feb 27 - PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy, I wish all of you waiting the best...Don't worry it will come
Congrats!!! You were very fortunate to get a nice reviewing officer(s).

Reactions: baltzly

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi @Sntrada , any update on your appeal? All the best.
Thanks for the good luck wishes!

I submitted three web forms in total. The first was just text revealing my shock at the denial especially as I tried to verify my account types with them and they pointed me a link which listed investment accounts, and that I was never asked to provide updated POF as the denial letter suggests. The second webform had an appeal letter. I got an email stating that the first two webforms were received and forwarded to the respective offices.

On Monday I submitted a third webform which had an updated POF with $15,000 CAD equivalent in a bank checking account. I haven't heard back from them about this webform.

My timeline so far

AOR - August 13th
Med passed - Sept 3rd
Biometrics passed - Sept 17th
Refusal due to insufficient POF - Feb 19th
Submitted web form with updated POF showing $15,000CAD and appeal letter - Feb 24

In the appeal letter, I showed a screenshot which showed I was not contacted for an ADR. For the POF I made sure to include transaction records showing the movement of money from my investment account to my checking account. I'm a bit worried that they haven't acknowledged the web form from Monday, to be honest. I'm even second-guessing if I sent it sometimes driving myself crazy in the process. I wish they had an auto receipt message they send out after we send a web form. All I can do now is wait, hope for the best, and work on my non-Canada options.

Last edited:
Reactions: quelash13

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Thanks for the good luck wishes!

I submitted three web forms in total. The first was just text revealing my shock at the denial especially as I tried to verify my account types with them and they pointed me a link which listed investment accounts, and that I was never asked to provide updated POF as the denial letter suggests. The second webform had an appeal letter. I got an email stating that the first two webforms were received and forwarded to the respective offices.

On Monday I submitted a third webform which had an updated POF with $15,000 CAD equivalent in a bank checking account. I haven't heard back from them about this webform.

My timeline so far

AOR - August 13th
Med passed - Sept 3rd
Biometrics passed - Sept 17th
Refusal due to insufficient POF - Feb 19th
Submitted web form with updated POF showing $15,000CAD and appeal letter - Feb 24

In the appeal letter, I showed a screenshot which showed I was not contacted for an ADR. For the POF I made sure to include transaction records showing the movement of money from my investment account to my checking account. I'm a bit worried that they haven't acknowledged the web form from Monday, to be honest. I'm even second-guessing if I sent it sometimes driving myself crazy in the process. I wish they had an auto receipt message they send out after we send a web form. All I can do now is wait, hope for the best, and work on my non-Canada options.
I hope your case will be re-opened, if everything else was Met, I am sure you will get an approval if your appeal is accepted. Hang in there!

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
It does mean you will receive PPR from SGVO:) CIO has done its part already. Yes order CBSA notes if it is still not approved next month. Also, you should raise a webform now.
I raised a webform last week after the 6th month mark and received a reply that my application is pending officer review. I guess Final Review is pending because Eligibility is under Recommend Passed now. In my notes A11.2 and everything else was Met.

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
I've analysed all the information on my notes and have concluded that there should be a review done by an officer who changes recommended pass to "pass" and only after this will security be initiated. The term" final review" refers to the brief review done after security is wrapped up by an officer who approved the application right after this review. Since your notes suggest security not started (1 month ago of course), we are not able to determine what exactly "pending review" means in this context, as there are two possibilities ( the review which turns your eligibility to "pass" or the review that will lead to the approval of the application).
How long did it take for you to go from Recommend Passed to Pass?

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Wow that's really good news! Your journey is like a roller-coaster ride:) but what matters is the final result!
I'm still in shock that my application was not rejected. I uploaded LOE as POF( A very costly mistake), but I am so thankful for the opportunity for ADR request. Immediately I submitted, I got PPR within a week.....WHEW!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Sntrada

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
4 months for it to reach "recommended pass" from R10 is indeed outrageous.

My R 10 was done on Aug 23, recommended pass on Sept 4 and pass on Sept 5. so it took less than two weeks for it to travel from R10 to recommended pass, and only one day for it to be changed to "pass"...
Seems like my case would have bee processed a lot faster if it wasn't transferred to a local office :(