+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

zoug86

Jan 20, 2018
Victoria, BC, Canada
You are right. We are treated differently now. My humble wish is just that they could minimize the difference in processing times for different streams or different nationalities. It is OK to have some variation, but I think it is emotionally unacceptable to see some cases finalized within 1 month and some still pending after 1 year. The time gap is too huge now.
There is one case in myimmitracker with eAOR Nov 25 that just got PPR finalized. We are way behind haha

Reactions: baltzly

zoug86

Jan 20, 2018
Victoria, BC, Canada
Very similar situation here. My medical, criminality and eligibility were all passed within the first 4 weeks after my eAOR. There was a thread on this forum that contains an in-depth analysis of the life cycle of an EE application, and its conclusion is that our files are worked on for 5 days at most, the rest of the period is just waiting/untouched.

Since there are so many "security not started" cases among us August folks, I do believe they are dealing with a big backlog and cannot keep opening new files for security check.
Let us hope that is the reason behind all this!

iambowcreek

Jan 23, 2020
Very similar situation here. My medical, criminality and eligibility were all passed within the first 4 weeks after my eAOR. There was a thread on this forum that contains an in-depth analysis of the life cycle of an EE application, and its conclusion is that our files are worked on for 5 days at most, the rest of the period is just waiting/untouched.

Since there are so many "security not started" cases among us August folks, I do believe they are dealing with a big backlog and cannot keep opening new files for security check.
This is crazy I swear

iambowcreek

Jan 23, 2020
I actually called the ministers office in Canada to make d complain and the Secetary advised that we should send direct mails to d minister with our complaints because she has been getting calls on this particular issues

here is the mail from her:
Thank you for your email. This email is confirmation that your email was received by the constituency office of the Hon. Marco Mendicino, Member of Parliament for Eglinton-Lawrence.

The constituency office deals exclusively with matters pertaining to the riding of Eglinton-Lawrence. As such, we are forwarding your message to the Office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, which is best equipped to address your email.

We kindly invite you to forward future correspondence regarding matters related to immigration casework, or Marco’s ministerial responsibilities directly to the Office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship at Minister@cic.gc.ca.

You can also contact the Office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship by calling (613) 954-1064 or by mail at: The Hon. Marco Mendicino, 365 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1. We hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Office of the Hon. Marco Mendicino

Member of Parliament for Eglinton-Lawrence

iambowcreek

Jan 23, 2020
W
I actually called the ministers office in Canada to make d complain and the Secetary advised that we should send direct mails to d minister with our complaints because she has been getting calls on this particular issues

here is the mail from her:
Thank you for your email. This email is confirmation that your email was received by the constituency office of the Hon. Marco Mendicino, Member of Parliament for Eglinton-Lawrence.

The constituency office deals exclusively with matters pertaining to the riding of Eglinton-Lawrence. As such, we are forwarding your message to the Office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, which is best equipped to address your email.

We kindly invite you to forward future correspondence regarding matters related to immigration casework, or Marco’s ministerial responsibilities directly to the Office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship at Minister@cic.gc.ca.

You can also contact the Office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship by calling (613) 954-1064 or by mail at: The Hon. Marco Mendicino, 365 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1. We hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Office of the Hon. Marco Mendicino

Member of Parliament for Eglinton-Lawrence
we could all use the mail to lay out complains. It will definitely get to him. This issue is only with Accra visa office. It’s unfair

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Just wanted to say how reassuring it is that there are others in the same position, there seems to have been no progress on my file since end of September.
AOR August 13
Criminality and Eligibility passed end of September. Meds passed at start of September
Security not started.
PNP Inland

The agent I spoke to said that my file was in a queue to start security, also said that there were delays. If there is that much of a backlog I don't understand why they are inviting 3000+ people a fortnight? Surely the backlog will get worse.

Also, don't think that certain countries are taking longer than others, I was born and lived in England and have only travelled to Europe and N. America.

Find it incredibly frustrating that some people get their PPR in two months and others 6+. Would like to know what the current average processing time is because I suspect it is not 80% cases in 6 months.

zoug86

Jan 20, 2018
Victoria, BC, Canada
Just wanted to say how reassuring it is that there are others in the same position, there seems to have been no progress on my file since end of September.
AOR August 13
Criminality and Eligibility passed end of September. Meds passed at start of September
Security not started.
PNP Inland

The agent I spoke to said that my file was in a queue to start security, also said that there were delays. If there is that much of a backlog I don't understand why they are inviting 3000+ people a fortnight? Surely the backlog will get worse.

Also, don't think that certain countries are taking longer than others, I was born and lived in England and have only travelled to Europe and N. America.

Find it incredibly frustrating that some people get their PPR in two months and others 6+. Would like to know what the current average processing time is because I suspect it is not 80% cases in 6 months.
Quick question: your eligibility was "Met" or "passed"? Thanks!

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
There are plenty of us in the same circumstance:)

I think there is no way they can finalize 80% cases within 6 months. They may want to reverse the ration to 20% within 6 months and 80% outside that timeframe haha.

So you are English? If so, you are considered as having the most privileged nationality in this immigration system. It is really surprising to see that your application is not concluded within a relatively short period of time.

Your conversation with the call center agent has proved my speculation that files are in queue to be sent for security. Due to the backlog, they cannot initiate security checks immediately after eligibility is done.
Yep English, that's why I said don't think they are discriminating against certain countries. I think they are just massively backlogged and Christmas break probably didn't help. All we can hope for is now the holiday period is over things might speed up a bit.

Honestly I think some people just get lucky with what visa office they get sent to, especially if it is getting processed at an LVO outside of Canada which might not get as many applicants. I know mine got sent to Sydney which is notorious for delays.

I think we are all stuck in the same queue waiting for security to start behind a lot of other people from May, June and July.

gavindsilva

Nov 3, 2019
Hello Guys here is an update on my application

CEC Inland
CRS - 505
VO - Edmonton
ITA - Aug 20
AOR- Sept 12
MEP - Oct 4
IP2 - Jan 13
Eligibility - Met
Criminality - Met
Security - Met
Background Check - Completed and Processed as per agent ( Still in Processing as per MyCIC Online tracker)

So I had called IRCC agent yesterday and got to know that a decision was made for my file on 16th Jan by the officer . Normally we get a PPR email but in my case they are sending me a post mail from Edmonton . Not sure if this is normal ?

It would be great if someone can throw some light on this .