+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

jackie zhao

Jan 14, 2020
Thanks for this. Appreciate it.
So I have a couple of follow-up questions.
One is with regard to the ghost update. Will everyone get a ghost update once something moves along or will there be scenarios where there are no ghost updates and suddenly I would get PPR?
Second question is with regarding to calling IRCC. Theyhave the number at 8882422100 but I called a few times and they say the call cannot be connected. Weird.
Third question is under SS. What does that mean and how do I find out if I'm under SS?

Thanks mate

Hey mate

Based on my knowledge, you won't get any hint on how your application progresses in your online account. Most people's status in the CIC account will remain like what you described until the very end of the processing, so I don't think you will be able to deduce anything on the basis of the highly limited information in your account. The only vague hint is perhaps a ghost update which usually indicates your application is moving ahead (but you still wont know what exactly has happened to your file).

If you do seek to know more details, the only two ways are calling IRCC call center and ordering your notes. The information in your account cannot even tell you if your eligibility has passed nor if your security has already been initiated.

Also, you need to figure out if you are under SS. If so, the chance of being finalized within 6 months is slim.

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
I just checked my CIC profile without getting any email updates or anything and our application has moved to approved (the timeline at the top is also at 100%). It does say check messages below even though there are no new messages but I read on other forums that this is normal. Hopefully it means COPR is on it's way - tracking number of return envelope not showing anything yet.

Copies of passport and photos arrived at Canadian High Commission in London on 6th January. Surprised it has moved this quickly.
When did you recieve PPR?

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
You are right, so your eligibility has 99% passed and it wont be touched until the final review, during which the senior officer usually follows the recommendation and doesn't reverse the decision.

You are also right in that there is nothing suggesting there will be a SS for you, but it does seem that no one is currently working on your file, which is also annoying! I think you will hear some good new in the next 30-45 days. I know some people whose applications took slightly more than 6 months to process. They got their PPR 10-15 days after their 6-month processing time had ended.
Would you happen to know their Visa office? My application is at Sydney VO and apparently AOR from may are still on their PPRs.

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Its Sydney NS, what is you AOR date?
I got my AOR on Aug 10th, ordered GCMS notes and it said Security not started yet. My application has not been updated since Sept 4th, thats when my medicals were cleared. Its very stressful. My BOWP also in process and I want to be able to visit my family in March. I am on implied status, so stressful.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
I got my AOR on Aug 10th, ordered GCMS notes and it said Security not started yet. My application has not been updated since Sept 4th, thats when my medicals were cleared. Its very stressful. My BOWP also in process and I want to be able to visit my family in March. I am on implied status, so stressful.
My AOR is also august 10th my application says 26days remaining 86% complete, no updates what so ever after September, whenever i call them they say security not started which is weird because even after 5months my security still says not started. If your VO is also same as mine that is Sydney NS then you can expect your PPR sometime in February I have seen so many Sydney VO applicants getting PPRs either the last day of their 6months time or a week or 2 after their 6months is finished so don’t worry you can visit your family in March.
Stay positive you’ll get it soon

Last edited:

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
My AOR is also august 10th my application says 26days remaining 86% complete, no updates what so ever after September, whenever i call them they say security not started which is weird because even after 5months my security still says not started. If your VO is also same as mine that is Sydney NS then you can expect your PPR sometime in February I have seen so many Sydney VO applicants getting PPRs either the last day of their 6months time or a week or 2 after their 6months is finished so don’t worry you can visit your family in March.
Stay positive you’ll get it soon
Yes, mine is Sydney VO as well. I have actually read on another thread here that people from may are still waiting. and also people from February 2019 are starting to receive their PPR now, that is worrying me! But if you have seen people get their PPR within 6 months from Sydney VO, then I am hopeful for sure. thanks for sharing the information.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, mine is Sydney VO as well. I have actually read on another thread here that people from may are still waiting. and also people from February 2019 are starting to receive their PPR now, that is worrying me! But if you have seen people get their PPR within 6 months from Sydney VO, then I am hopeful for sure. thanks for sharing the information.
Like the other members commenting here the applicants who exceed 6months are probably either under Security Screening or Review Required. What is your stream, Is it CEC, FSW or PNP?
Also do you know if you are under SS?
Do you know if your eligibility has been MET or did you notice any RR in your GCMS?

Last edited:

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Like the other members commenting here the people who exceed 6months are probably the people either under Security Screening or Review Required. What is your stream, Is it CEC, FSW or PNP?
Also do you know if you are under SS?
Do you know if your eligibility has been MET or did you notice any RR in your GCMS?
CEC. Eligibility on GCMS notes said recommended pass. Security not started. And no there is no Review required on GCMS.
experience claimed also states that it is in line and consistent with the noc duties. what is ss? security screening? If it is, then notes say that security has not started yet and criminality is under process.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey bro

Are you waiting for your notes now? I hope your "heart attack" will come before your notes:)
Yeah bro i hope so too fingers crossed but I am pretty sure you will get your PPR before mine so I’ll start getting prepared for my heart attack after seeing your PPR post here in this forum, good luck :)

Reactions: baltzly

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
CEC. Eligibility on GCMS notes said recommended pass. Security not started. And no there is no Review required on GCMS.
experience claimed also states that it is in line and consistent with the noc duties. what is ss? security screening? If it is, then notes say that security has not started yet and criminality is under process.
Eligibility done at Sydney NS says ‘met’ , how do you know your file is at Sydney? did you call them recently after your eligibility has been recommended pass?
Usually for most applications after R10 check done at Sydney the file will be sent to a different VO where if it is Ottawa or Edmonton they will comment ‘recommended pass’ for eligibility

Last edited:

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Bro

I'm in my fifth month of SS now. I have seen many SS cases finalized within 5-6 months recently, but there is no guarantee that mine will also be concluded in this time window, really feeling hopeless for my case, but I feel very confident in your case as a non-SS security will only take 2-3 weeks maximum. I myself experienced this kind of security check back in 2018 when I applied for my study permit. My permit was granted 20 days after security check was initiated that time.
It is already 5th month of your SS so i am pretty sure you’ll get it very soon bro, be positive
Good Luck

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Bro

Has your file ever left Sydney office so far? Or your file was actually transferred to Sydney by another VO? My case is processed in Sydney from the very beginning until now (SS). It has never been transferred to any other VO. Not only my R10 was done there, my eligibility was also marked as "passed" by Sydney CIO according to my notes and call agents.

I have heard that in some cases our files will be transferred to CPC Ottava for final review and PPR is sent by Ottava, but I have also seen a small number of people getting their PPR directly from Sydney CIO:)
My file was always at Sydney from the beginning, R10(document completion, medicals & criminality) as well as my eligibility were assessed their and as per my last call even after 5months it is still their with my security saying not started so i guess my file will remain at Sydney until they make a decision

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Eligibility done at Sydney NS says ‘met’ , how do you know your file is at Sydney? did you call them recently after your eligibility has been recommended pass?
Usually for most applications after R10 check done at Sydney the file will be sent to a different VO where if it is Ottawa or Edmonton they will comment ‘recommended pass’ for eligibility
So I just re-checked my GCMS notes, it says R10 ok and then says PC check pending. This was updated on Sept 4th, thats when I received the request for RCMP check. I received these notes on Jan 3rd. Do you think things would have changed? Should I call IRCC this morning?

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Your CRS score is the same as mine, and your timeline is also very similar to mine. You are the third person I have seen in the past 24 hours who has reported security is not started long after eligibility was met. Is late security initiation becoming a trend? especially in Sydney?
I would think so too. I will probable call IRCC today to get an update.