17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

To quote you in your post #4,004 you said: 'This recommendation is then reviewed by an officer who makes a final determination. The terminology used such as met / recommended passed / passed an no relevance. Only after the eligibility is passed will security start.'

Well in my case, the Case Analyst makes a recommendation to the Officer to review my NOC, and also review my foreign work experience. But according to my notes there's no officer correspondence but at the same time on page two my security is passed. That's where my confusion emanates from, as you said in your post 'only after eligibility is passed will security start'. Could it be that security was passed even though the officer has not yet reviewed the NOC and foreign work experience as per Case Analyst's recommendation? Nowhere in my notes does it show officer notes, the last notes were made my the Case Analyst. Is it also possible that the officer has already dealt with the recommendation but has not entered any notes? How come security is passed in this case even though an officer has not made a 'final determination'. Your help in clarifying this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Yes, lately in some cases security is started after the initial assessment of eligibility, and it can result in security being passed, before eligibility is. This is more so true for inland applicants as they only go though record check, instead of a comprehensive check. To read on security see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Also, see a few things, you have notes that resemble the ones on my previous post at #4,004

Then you can see if your application is approved, see page 2 to see if your application is approved or not.

If your page 2 assessments says passed, for all stages, then they are passed and your application will soon be approved. It may be pending a final approval.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Most likely
your application has passed all stages, and no need to be concerned. Soon you will fee FINAL: Approved.
Thanks for your response @legalfalcon . Always helpful. Now these are the notes I was talking about. I don't know what you can decipher from that combined with the page 2, I sent already? Your help is always appreciated @caipsnotes

Last edited:

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020

Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes ,

Sorry maybe you might have already responded to this, but I didn't quite understand. I have uploaded the page 2 and also the notes where the Case Analyst makes a recommendation to the Officer to REVIEW. But if you look at the screenshot on Note 4 it says 'Final decision pending rework of PA's IMM Medicals. Request in process.' Is this more or less saying I'm only waiting for a decision now. The NOTE 3 is redacted, what could be the reason if they already said security passed on page 2. Please help. Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Hi @legalfalcon

Sorry maybe you might have already responded to this, but I didn't quite understand. I have uploaded the page 2 and also the notes where the Case Analyst makes a recommendation to the Officer to REVIEW. But if you look at the screenshot on Note 4 it says 'Final decision pending rework of PA's IMM Medicals. Request in process.' Is this more or less saying I'm only waiting for a decision now. The NOTE 3 is redacted, what could be the reason if they already said security passed on page 2. Please help. Thank you
Based on your notes, your NOC is not valid and this is why you have a review required. As regards, the final decision pending is on your medicals, unless there is a decision made on your eligibility but has not yet been updated, which seems to be the case.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes ,

Thanks for sharing. Not something one sees often that Security is marked Pass in the clear, usually it's redacted whether you request your Gcms Notes from IRCC or CBSA. Eligibility may have Passed and yes medical review was outstanding but Notes 1 is the latest update and that's from a while back, April last year. You haven't received any further updates or made an inquiry, etc?

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Based on your notes, your NOC is not valid and this is why you have a review required. As regards, the final decision pending is on your medicals, unless there is a decision made on your eligibility but has not yet been updated, which seems to be the case.
Thanks for your response @legalfalcon . As for the NOC I'm confident it should be valid. I have a Masters of Health, Safety and Environment (Occupational Health and Safety major), and was also working as an Occupational Health and Safety Officer. If you check the screenshots for the duties and responsibilities, you will see the ones I highlighted, they are included in my duties and responsibilities where I'm working. The minimum educational requirements are a bachelor's in health and safety, and I have a Masters in that. Please check the screenshots. So obviously it's an error on their side, which I hope they will rectify or have already rectified. As for medicals I have already submitted my remedical as shown.

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks for sharing. Not something one sees often that Security is marked Pass in the clear, usually it's redacted whether you request your Gcms Notes from IRCC or CBSA. Eligibility may have Passed and yes medical review was outstanding but Notes 1 is the latest update and that's from a while back, April last year. You haven't received any further updates or made an inquiry, etc?
@caipsnotes No worries and thanks for your response. Unfortunately I haven't received any further updates since then, when they confirmed they had received my re-medicals. Tried to make enquiries over webform but they always give generic answers or the most they do is just to say eligibility, criminality and medicals are valid, and they will inform me when a final decision is made. Do you have any email or phone number, which I could use to contact them directly? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your response @legalfalcon . As for the NOC I'm confident it should be valid. I have a Masters of Health, Safety and Environment (Occupational Health and Safety major), and was also working as an Occupational Health and Safety Officer. If you check the screenshots for the duties and responsibilities, you will see the ones I highlighted, they are included in my duties and responsibilities where I'm working. The minimum educational requirements are a bachelor's in health and safety, and I have a Masters in that. Please check the screenshots. So obviously it's an error on their side, which I hope they will rectify or have already rectified. As for medicals I have already submitted my remedical as shown.

It you meet the NOC requirements and the JDs match the JDs of the NOC selected, then you need not worry. Soon your a final decision will be made. However, notes 1 did mention NOC.

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes

My passport is expiring in mid-2022, and I'm still waiting for my PR approval. Was just wondering, if I apply for a new one and furnish IRCC with the new passport details, won't that delay or increase my PR processing time?! Is it better to wait until they give me a decision and then apply for my new passport in my country or applying for one now won't really delay my PR processing once I give them the new details? Also can I just apply for a new passport and not inform IRCC and just carry the two passports when I go to Canada? Is that allowed?

N.B: my AOR is 26 Aug 2019.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes

My passport is expiring in mid-2022, and I'm still waiting for my PR approval. Was just wondering, if I apply for a new one and furnish IRCC with the new passport details, won't that delay or increase my PR processing time?! Is it better to wait until they give me a decision and then apply for my new passport in my country or applying for one now won't really delay my PR processing once I give them the new details? Also can I just apply for a new passport and not inform IRCC and just carry the two passports when I go to Canada? Is that allowed?

N.B: my AOR is 26 Aug 2019.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Yu should apply for a new passport and update it in your application by sending a webform. It would not affect your application processing in whatever way.