+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
No change from my last post on here. I ordered GCMS ATIP notes (via my wife, the Canadian) last week. Hope to see something useful, insightful or just encouraging soon. Our notes are with the London UK office. It says 'background checks' and 'checking eligibility' so hopefully that is what's happening. But WHY so long?! Ok, we are not at the end of the 12 months promise (13 weeks to go) but I see in India, people who applied the same time as me got theirs all finished up and relocating back in March! How is that fair and transparent? </whinge>

Anyone else being processed in London UK? I'd really like to share some tears with them! :(

(my current stats are:)

Spouse Sponsor - I'm British with Canadian wife - both in UK
Application received - 13 August 2018
AOR1- 3 Dec 2018
Med request - 10 Dec 2018
Med appointment - 2 Jan 2019
Med done/submitted - 21 Jan 2019 (delay with local doctors office due to Christmas period!)
Med passed - 27 Jan 2019
Biometrics request - 7 Dec 2018
Biometrics done - 11 Dec 2018
AOR2 Transferred to VO - London 24 Dec 2018

Eligibility - reviewing
Additional docs - not needed
Interview - not needed
Background - processing
Final decision - in progress

I don't have the dates for when background etc. started - but hope the GCMS ATIP will fill that missing information in, as I didn't notice when it changed. I think it was fairly quickly after the transfer to London earlier in the year...
Yeah, that sure is strange. One would think that the places with the most fraud and chicanery would the most scrupulous in assessing applications. I wonder if part of it has to do with the people they employ. To wit the fraud that was uncovered at the Canadian Embassy in Haiti. Are they local hires or Canadians who do the assessments in these VOs?

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
May your application be processed really fast from now. I admire your patience :) .

Have you ever called them and checked up on your app? I think London Visa office is really really slow and crowded.
I called my MP on Wednesday last week. He informed me that IRCC told him that the application is going through a full review. I have an appointment with his liaison today and will get a better picture and hopefully a letter from his office to speed things up.

Reactions: mughira

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Yeah, that sure is strange. One would think that the places with the most fraud and chicanery would the most scrupulous in assessing applications. I wonder if part of it has to do with the people they employ. To wit the fraud that was uncovered at the Canadian Embassy in Haiti. Are they local hires or Canadians who do the assessments in these VOs?
I think the whole process is very random. Sometimes even if the application is straightforward, it will sit for atleast a year. Sometimes the an application with second marriages will go through very fast. I am angry, frustrated and confused at the same time. I have half a mind to stir things up and get a petition or letter with signatures going to initiate an investigation into these slow VOs. :mad:

Reactions: michyme

Porsh

Dec 12, 2018
Updated timeline
Application received: Aug 2, 2018
AOR 1: Nov 26, 2018
Biometric request: Dec, 19, 2018
SA: Dec 20, 2018
File transfer to AVO: Jan 21, 2019
Medical request: Jan 22, 2019
Medical passed Jan 31, 2019
Pre arrival services: May 22 2019
Passport request: May 29, 2019
Visa office: Accra
Good luck everyone.

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I think the whole process is very random. Sometimes even if the application is straightforward, it will sit for atleast a year. Sometimes the an application with second marriages will go through very fast. I am angry, frustrated and confused at the same time. I have half a mind to stir things up and get a petition or letter with signatures going to initiate an investigation into these slow VOs. :mad:
Yes, the least complex, most transparent ones should be those that are completed first and given priority. But that doesn't seem to be the way it works.

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
So, it took them so long around 9 months just to transfer your file? Wow! I hope now your case will fly! :)
Arbab is right. The process is just so random. I waited 20 weeks to get my AOR1 . Then there was a flurry of activity. And for the last 3 months nothing but silence.

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
Question.. do you think behind The scenes they are working on your BGC without updating the GC Key or do they always send you an email at every stage? Also if you get canadian resident status do you still need an ETA?

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Question.. do you think behind The scenes they are working on your BGC without updating the GC Key or do they always send you an email at every stage? Also if you get canadian resident status do you still need an ETA?
They will not send you a message unless they need something from you, speaking from experience. I had no activity on my wife's application for 9 months after the medical was cleared and file transferred to LVO. Recently, my local MP office told me, that the criminality check had started, after a year of receiving the application, but GCKey nor ECAS show any updates. There is no link between what they are doing and what is updated. It all depends on the officer going through the file.They might update it, they might wait till everything is done and update everything the same time. For example, some applications get Pre-Arrival, PPR and DM all within a couple of days time and some will have Pre-arrival and PPR time gap of a few months. There is no way to tell. o_O