+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Dude Congratulations! That's amazing :D
Our background check has been going since December.. So my next update should hopefully be the same as you!
Hey, what makes you think your background check has started? It's a bit confusing how it's phrased in GCkeys "background processing" basically means they haven't touched it yet...

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hey, what makes you think your background check has started? It's a bit confusing how it's phrased in GCkeys "background processing" basically means they haven't touched it yet...
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility -
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics - Completed.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I assumed this meant my background check had started no?

Reactions: arbab.amjad85

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Review of eligibility -
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics - Completed.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

It's been like that for me pretty much straight away. They usually don't start with your BC not till the very end + BC is done at local VO and according to the information they gave you, it hasn't even left Sydney yet. What a frustrating process eh! Here, have a digital pint...

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
Review of eligibility -
Biometrics - Completed.

I think they have started your BGC. " As it says we are processing" mine says when they start my BGC they will advise

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
It's been like that for me pretty much straight away. They usually don't start with your BC not till the very end + BC is done at local VO and according to the information they gave you, it hasn't even left Sydney yet. What a frustrating process eh! Here, have a digital pint...
Sips virtual pint and stares depressingly into the distance

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
No change from my last post on here. I ordered GCMS ATIP notes (via my wife, the Canadian) last week. Hope to see something useful, insightful or just encouraging soon. Our notes are with the London UK office. It says 'background checks' and 'checking eligibility' so hopefully that is what's happening. But WHY so long?! Ok, we are not at the end of the 12 months promise (13 weeks to go) but I see in India, people who applied the same time as me got theirs all finished up and relocating back in March! How is that fair and transparent? </whinge>

Anyone else being processed in London UK? I'd really like to share some tears with them! :(

(my current stats are:)

Spouse Sponsor - I'm British with Canadian wife - both in UK
Application received - 13 August 2018
AOR1- 3 Dec 2018
Med request - 10 Dec 2018
Med appointment - 2 Jan 2019
Med done/submitted - 21 Jan 2019 (delay with local doctors office due to Christmas period!)
Med passed - 27 Jan 2019
Biometrics request - 7 Dec 2018
Biometrics done - 11 Dec 2018
AOR2 Transferred to VO - London 24 Dec 2018

Eligibility - reviewing
Additional docs - not needed
Interview - not needed
Background - processing
Final decision - in progress

I don't have the dates for when background etc. started - but hope the GCMS ATIP will fill that missing information in, as I didn't notice when it changed. I think it was fairly quickly after the transfer to London earlier in the year...

Reactions: sdharan19

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
No change from my last post on here. I ordered GCMS ATIP notes (via my wife, the Canadian) last week. Hope to see something useful, insightful or just encouraging soon. Our notes are with the London UK office. It says 'background checks' and 'checking eligibility' so hopefully that is what's happening. But WHY so long?! Ok, we are not at the end of the 12 months promise (13 weeks to go) but I see in India, people who applied the same time as me got theirs all finished up and relocating back in March! How is that fair and transparent? </whinge>

Anyone else being processed in London UK? I'd really like to share some tears with them! :(

(my current stats are:)

Spouse Sponsor - I'm British with Canadian wife - both in UK
Application received - 13 August 2018
AOR1- 3 Dec 2018
Med request - 10 Dec 2018
Med appointment - 2 Jan 2019
Med done/submitted - 21 Jan 2019 (delay with local doctors office due to Christmas period!)
Med passed - 27 Jan 2019
Biometrics request - 7 Dec 2018
Biometrics done - 11 Dec 2018
AOR2 Transferred to VO - London 24 Dec 2018

Eligibility - reviewing
Additional docs - not needed
Interview - not needed
Background - processing
Final decision - in progress

I don't have the dates for when background etc. started - but hope the GCMS ATIP will fill that missing information in, as I didn't notice when it changed. I think it was fairly quickly after the transfer to London earlier in the year...
We have a near similar timeline and similar frustration with this process. It's very hard to see how applicants from almost all other VO's already have it all done and dusted, and we are just stuck in the London swamp. I find it troubling actually that they don't anticipate on it and make an attempt to smoothen the process / make it more fair (just an idea would be to transfer delayed applications from London to Mississauga instead of transferring applications straight to Mississauga... "last in first out" how is that fair?!?!?!

Gagansunny arora

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
7august2018
Doc's Request.
27 oct 2018
Nomination.....
Husband
AOR Received.
23 oct2018
File Transfer...
7 feb 2019
Med's Done....
30 oct 2018
Application received- August 7 (Sydney)
Biometric fees payment request- September 7, which I will pay by the end of september. They’ve also provided a file number.

I am wondering if it’s the AOR or do I have to wait more?
Wts ur update mine was same to ur timeline

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Atleast yours have been transferred... Mine is still in Sydney?!?!?! I don't understand.. app received august... meds and bio and sa all done.. background checks in progress... am I literally 5 months behind you guys?

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019