+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Kawaldang

Star Member
May 30, 2017
It is a good sign ours did not even start BGC she will get good news in JAN my rough guess, it will be dealt with rt here in Canada
Well ! I hope so . I’m visiting him in January though . But I still don’t trust Cic until I get something from them . I never got any email saying Back ground check have started not even on my ECas.

Kawaldang

Star Member
May 30, 2017
We’re at the same stage our filewas received on August 16. I’m not sure if it’s going to be in Nova Scotia or Delhi
Oh I’m not sure either . The agent just told me that the file is in Nova Scotia and they are working on back ground check .

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Well ! I hope so . I’m visiting him in January though . But I still don’t trust Cic until I get something from them . I never got any email saying Back ground check have started not even on my ECas.
but its better to see that on web, even if no email or letter.

Reactions: Lucky713

jaz13

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Same here. I just called and they wouldn’t disclose anything to me because we have an agent on our file. I’m hoping to hear good news hopefully soon! It’s been so long. It’s so hard being patient in this process

Lakers24

Oct 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I just received my biometrics request letter. I am still waiting for medical request and sponsor approval (SA). Should I go ahead and do biometrics or wait until med request is sent? When should I expect the med request?

Thanks in advance

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello everyone,

I just received my biometrics request letter. I am still waiting for medical request and sponsor approval (SA). Should I go ahead and do biometrics or wait until med request is sent? When should I expect the med request?

Thanks in advance
I think u should go ahead then med can be submitted later directly by Dr

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Yesterday I was finally able to link my application to my GCKey account and 12h later both the applicant and the sponsor Ecas were active.
Applicant Ecas only reads: "We received your application on August 30, 2018." but for the sponsor, there is an additional line saying: "We started processing your application on December 18, 2018."
Does it mean they have started processing our application and now they are in sponsor approval stage?
Although the GCKey shows file number and UCI for the applicant, we have not yet received any AOR email!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
It is a good sign ours did not even start BGC she will get good news in JAN my rough guess, it will be dealt with rt here in Canada
I dont think its a guarentee that anything will happen by january or that they will hear anything. I also dont think its accurate to say that the app will be processed in canada. Not everyone receives a tranfer email or an AOR2.

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Application received August 30
Never heard anything so I phoned on Dec 10
Received AOR Dec 11, was able to link account immediately
PA from Cuba, Sponsor: Canadian Citizen

Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents
Interview - You do not need an interview
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The additional document is a Police Cert. which I will be submitting shortly.

All correspondence so far has been from Sydney N.S.
A lot of people say BGC is one of the final steps
Questions:
1. Why would the BGC be the 1st step in my application and would this be a good or bad thing.
2. Is it normal to start the BGC while the application is still in Sydney
3. Does this mean it is likely this app will stay in Sydney

Thanks

Spirit2spirit

Dec 20, 2018
Let's get this rolling! Who just submitted their outland spousal sponsorship application or will be applying this month?

Comment here to check for updates and ask questions. Cheers!
I sumbmitted last year
Done medical and interview
CIc required me to do an rcmp clearance
It came out with positive identification
I have a conditional discharge with 6 mos probation ...am shaking

Monkeytail

Dec 17, 2018
Application received August 30
Never heard anything so I phoned on Dec 10
Received AOR Dec 11, was able to link account immediately
PA from Cuba, Sponsor: Canadian Citizen

Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents
Interview - You do not need an interview
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The additional document is a Police Cert. which I will be submitting shortly.

All correspondence so far has been from Sydney N.S.
A lot of people say BGC is one of the final steps
Questions:
1. Why would the BGC be the 1st step in my application and would this be a good or bad thing.
2. Is it normal to start the BGC while the application is still in Sydney
3. Does this mean it is likely this app will stay in Sydney

Thanks
The same questions going through my mind, because I am now seeing profiles with BGC immediately they link the application in GCKEY even before medicals and anything else. Although the 4 applications I have seen are all August applicants.