+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

elmera

Dec 16, 2018
I’m Canadian and sponsoring my husband (Libyan but living in the US for several years). Seeing other early August and even September applicants are moving forward has me nervous.

Timeline for reference:
Application Sent/Full application & PR Card Payment made: July 27 2018 - (this included Police + FBI clearance)
Application Received (based on UPS, not because of an email, they still have not sent): August 3/4 2018
Biometrics Requested: September 7 2018
Biometrics Paid: September 7 2018
Biometric Confirmation email: September 22 2018
Nothing since then

A couple of questions re: application
  1. Would we be considered a July (when we paid and sent), August (when they received) or Sept (repaid biometrics) application?
  2. We have not heard anything from CIC since confirmation of biometric payment. No AOR, nothing. - has anyone else had the biometric request and not heard anything?
  3. Can’t link our account (we have tried every combination under the sun), have emailed CIC to no response

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
I’m Canadian and sponsoring my husband (Libyan but living in the US for several years). Seeing other early August and even September applicants are moving forward has me nervous.

Timeline for reference:
Application Sent/Full application & PR Card Payment made: July 27 2018 - (this included Police + FBI clearance)
Application Received (based on UPS, not because of an email, they still have not sent): August 3/4 2018
Biometrics Requested: September 7 2018
Biometrics Paid: September 7 2018
Biometric Confirmation email: September 22 2018
Nothing since then

A couple of questions re: application
  1. Would we be considered a July (when we paid and sent), August (when they received) or Sept (repaid biometrics) application?
  2. We have not heard anything from CIC since confirmation of biometric payment. No AOR, nothing. - has anyone else had the biometric request and not heard anything?
  3. Can’t link our account (we have tried every combination under the sun), have emailed CIC to no response
You are not alone in this!
Maybe the best way is to call them. I did a couple of times and will be calling them again next week when my time for AOR1 hits 120 days!

Reactions: elmera

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi! I am a Canadian citizen and I am sponsoring my husband from Sri Lanka. I have sent in my application for spousal sponsorship on October 25th (according to the receipt from Canada Post), and I have still not heard back from the government about my AOR. I'm getting a little worried. I still have to pay my biometrics fee, but I was told by others to wait for an email from them. I haven't received anything yet.
It is too early dear :) to worry or be stressed out about AOR1. There are members who got AOR1 after exactly 180 days from receipt of Application. Another few members have x-ed 100th day . We got ours after 70 days. Don't worry file could be inthe system and you can phone them late DEC or JAN just to be sure if nothing is being returned back to you>to be on the safe side. However some got PPR in 180 days too! No one can tell how they work,,Read below the truth:-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship-outside-of-canada.575310/page-66#post-7435445

I received my first AOR after 180 days
But wen u get the news it's worth the wait .. !!
I don't know what's going on, they broke delay record 180 DAYS !! JUST for an AOR 1,,, OMG

SJK90

Nov 1, 2018
It is too early dear :) to worry or be stressed out about AOR1. There are members who got AOR1 after exactly 180 days from receipt of Application. Another few members have x-ed 100th day . We got ours after 70 days. Don't worry file could be inthe system and you can phone them late DEC or JAN just to be sure if nothing is being returned back to you>to be on the safe side. However some got PPR in 180 days too! No one can tell how they work,,Read below the truth:-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship-outside-of-canada.575310/page-66#post-7435445

I received my first AOR after 180 days
But wen u get the news it's worth the wait .. !!
I don't know what's going on, they broke delay record 180 DAYS !! JUST for an AOR 1,,, OMG
Thank you so much for the reassurance !

Reactions: singleman

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Is that fine when I see Background check We are processing your background check before they start the eligibility?

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: singleman

Monkeytail

Dec 17, 2018
Is that fine when I see Background check We are processing your background check before they start the eligibility?

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can you share more details? When did you submit your application, when did you get AOR, Country of PA, when did you notice the changes in your gckey?

Reactions: MuAn

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021

OK to my knowledge as per info U wrote looks like they have no Qs about your relationships. Eligibility is a serious thing which they ignored and jumped to BGC. 4 me V Good thing if it was me. They are checking Eligibility more than a month now no BGS started see below.. LIKE it?

Reactions: MuAn