+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I also have similar question. What does background check mean? I’m sponsoring my husband n it states that background check has not started yet and that interview is not needed. Wondering what all this means. Will appreciate responses thank you.
Background check is part of the process where they assess the applicants security history etc. Interview will stay that way unless they decided they need one.

Reactions: Lanak

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
I also have similar question. What does background check mean? I’m sponsoring my husband n it states that background check has not started yet and that interview is not needed. Wondering what all this means. Will appreciate responses thank you.
Background check
A procedure to verify the medical, criminal and/or security background of visa applicants to ensure they are admissible to Canada.

See Police certificate, Medical examination.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#b

Another thread to get some information

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Reactions: Lucky713 and Lanak

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
Background check
A procedure to verify the medical, criminal and/or security background of visa applicants to ensure they are admissible to Canada.

See Police certificate, Medical examination.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#b

Another thread to get some information

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. What happens usuAlly after BGC check is complete?

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
Background check is part of the process where they assess the applicants security history etc. Interview will stay that way unless they decided they need one.
It states for my husband that BGC has not started yet do you know how long it takes? Thank u

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
What’s eligibility checks- is it criminal and security or something else?
Eligibility check = they check how real is marriage or relationship, it stays on for months.
Crim check is done early these days.
Security check is mandatory for all applicants is done almost at end. Until Security is cleared from agencies like CSIS, it reads Eligibility>> : "We are reviewing>>>>>>>>>>" Once SS is finished they give final green signal to DM>>>>PPR. This is my understanding and experience from reading 100s of places. It may differ in some cases. Good Year

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
It states for my husband that BGC has not started yet do you know how long it takes? Thank u
Background Check started in our case started say after a month+ 30 -40 days after MED PASSED. Seniors here say BGC is a good sign, most likely interview should be waived. BUT they keep on checking over and over till 11th hour, one cannot predict precisely. Any other Qs please ask?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Again CPC Sydney looks like has not started showing moments after holidays, but we expect next week may be. Any member here in Canada got any updates on GCKEYS or ECAS please post . Thanks

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
Eligibility check = they check how real is marriage or relationship, it stays on for months.
Crim check is done early these days.
Security check is mandatory for all applicants is done almost at end. Until Security is cleared from agencies like CSIS, it reads Eligibility>> : "We are reviewing>>>>>>>>>>" Once SS is finished they give final green signal to DM>>>>PPR. This is my understanding and experience from reading 100s of places. It may differ in some cases. Good Year
Thank you for your response. Hopefully BGC will start soon in our case

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
Background Check started in our case started say after a month+ 30 -40 days after MED PASSED. Seniors here say BGC is a good sign, most likely interview should be waived. BUT they keep on checking over and over till 11th hour, one cannot predict precisely. Any other Qs please ask?
In our case it’s been 2 months BGC has not started. However they are saying interview not needed and additional documents not needed, medical passed. Getting nervous hopefully will start soon . Thank you

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
In our case it’s been 2 months BGC has not started. However they are saying interview not needed and additional documents not needed, medical passed. Getting nervous hopefully will start soon . Thank you
Same was here for 40+ days then suddenly I read "We are processing your background check." This came in like 2 weeks ago.
So you don't worry too much our day will come. The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
question?
I applied for my wife's immigration on May 3rd. Application received on June 4th. My side of the eligibility passed end of June. Medical passed July 14th and the application sent to the London office the same day. It has been sitting there since then. I have contacted the London office and I have an email from them stating that " The application still waits an initial review even now. Is this normal?
Thank- you all for any replies

Reactions: singleman