Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Decided to ring again. Also told still in Sydney. Saying background check is complete, but security check isn't which is why it is still in Sydney. Advisor still felt it would be transferred to London as we are outland, but hopefully not. Also he advised still enough time to be completed within the year timeframe, but not not holding much hope to that.
same boat ,..
in my case : Security , Eligibility and criminality - Not Started (office: Sydney NS) .

AOR Aug-24
Medical and SA done in NOV
no updates since then ( file is in Sydney NS)

Reactions: mina99

abhanair

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
File Transfer...
30-01-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
1-11-2018
Interview........
28-02-2019 Telephonic interview
Any dm today?

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
Hi all - I need an interpreter - how do I know if my application has transfered to London, England for processing (as we are applying from the UK, Canadian wife, both living in UK and doing spouse sponsorship)

ECAS gives me:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 13, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on January 4, 2019.
  3. We sent you a letter on December 7, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 10, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
and GCKey gives me:

Application/profile details
Application step - Current status
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details. (** note: I've contacted them, they have, this is a glitch, as there is a biometrics box elsewhere confirming my biometrics are current... still worrying tho! **)
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

In other comms, via email, confirming biometrics, IRCC did say that my file was with London office - but would that letter have come to me (applicant) or sponsor, and what does it say?

Still trying to fathom what stage I'm in - and the nice new countdown says 4 months to go!

Reactions: michyme

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
Also - people on here are saying they telephoned the office - how do I do that? Considering I'm outside Canada, London UK office... is there anything I can do to check or nudge?

I'm not impatient. Honest.

But with Brexit looming, I do wonder how it will affect exchange rates and such when transferring our life to Canada - so really want to plan better!

Reactions: michyme

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Hi all - I need an interpreter - how do I know if my application has transfered to London, England for processing (as we are applying from the UK, Canadian wife, both living in UK and doing spouse sponsorship)

ECAS gives me:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 13, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on January 4, 2019.
  3. We sent you a letter on December 7, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 10, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
and GCKey gives me:

Application/profile details
Application step - Current status
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details. (** note: I've contacted them, they have, this is a glitch, as there is a biometrics box elsewhere confirming my biometrics are current... still worrying tho! **)
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

In other comms, via email, confirming biometrics, IRCC did say that my file was with London office - but would that letter have come to me (applicant) or sponsor, and what does it say?

Still trying to fathom what stage I'm in - and the nice new countdown says 4 months to go!
The sponsor should have received communication (email) regarding the VO where it's processed. Line 2 in your Ecas clearly states that it is being processed, so that's good. Ask your wife to check spam folder!

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Also - people on here are saying they telephoned the office - how do I do that? Considering I'm outside Canada, London UK office... is there anything I can do to check or nudge?

But with Brexit looming, I do wonder how it will affect exchange rates and such when transferring our life to Canada - so really want to plan better!
Use Zipcall, it takes minutes from your contract/landline:

• Dial 0333 2323232
  • Then call 1 613 944 4000
  • Choose Immigration and it'll put you through to the normal number and let you talk to someone.
I've done it a couple of times and it works fine.

Some emails go directly to the Sponsor or PA:

Sponsor

• AOR1
  • Sponsor Approval.
  • Transfer to Visa Office.
PA
  • AOR2
  • Pre-Arrival services
  • Passport Request.
What have they said in regards to your missing biometric collection letter?

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
The sponsor should have received communication (email) regarding the VO where it's processed. Line 2 in your Ecas clearly states that it is being processed, so that's good. Ask your wife to check spam folder!
You're a star, Netraam.

Checked - there it is! It arrived Christmas Eve - I remember us reading it and happy for the Christmas present - but I didn't file it with all the other paperwork. Thanks for that!

Were you having problems logging on the other day? I did too - took my back to cic homepage! I tried later in the day, and everything was ok again.

(I'd hoped they were updating my file with 'complete' - but no such luck!)

Reactions: Netraam

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017

• Dial 0333 2323232
  • Choose Immigration and it'll put you through to the normal number and let you talk to someone.
I used Skype, also no problem. But mind you, they hardly know more than you do by checking your Ecas/GCkeys. You are not talking to an immigration officer, they are just callcenter folks.

Reactions: schweisy and JoshC

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed

• Dial 0333 2323232
I will give that a go. I've got some time today so can sit listening to hold music if I have to!

Reactions: JoshC

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
I will give that a go. I've got some time today so can sit listening to hold music if I have to!
Added a bit more to the post but I can see that @Netraam pretty much covered it too :D

Also, if you have any issues with GCKEY, just clear your browsing data or try incognito browsing and it should load in fine.

Did you get to the bottom of your biometric issue?

Reactions: Netraam

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
What have they said in regards to your missing biometric collection letter?
I got my biometrics done within 4 days (I received the request a few days before I just happened to be going to London on business, so killed two birds with one stone!)

However - it showed up as 'we have not received your biometrics' despite the biometrics box appearing in my GCKey portal with all the right information. I searched the forums here to see many were having this issue.. and it seemed, in the most part, to not be an issue.

I checked with the biometrics company and they, after a bit of a runaround on phone and email asking for all the same info over and over, they confirmed that they had transmitted my biometrics and they'd been received by IRCC. I figured I'd do this first!

I used the webform to contact IRCC to say I'd done the biometrics but it wasn't showing.

They wrote back a couple of weeks later to tell me to contact LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca (as it's at the London office).

Another few days and I got an email:

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that we have received your biometrics.

Please be advised that this application awaits an initial review in London. Once this review has taken place, we
will be in contact.

Please note that you may wish to consult our website for information regarding standard processing timeframes.

Yours Sincerely,

NXR

High Commission of Canada
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London
SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom
The 'initial review' bit worries me now...! :eek:

kevinthegerbil

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
IELTS Request
Not needed
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Interview........
Not needed
For the Stat-masters, here is my history so far... I'll stick it on my signature too:

Application received 13 August 2018
AOR1- 3 Dec
Med request - 10 Dec
Med appointment - 2 Jan
Med done/submitted - 21 Jan (delay with local doctors office due to Christmas period!)
Med passed - 27 Jan
Biometrics request - 7 Dec
Biometrics done - 11 Dec (but still showing as 'not received' - but London Embassy have confirmed they have been received)
Transferred to VO: London 24 Dec

Eligibility - reviewing
Additional docs - not needed
Interview - not needed
Background - processing
Final decision - in progress

Reactions: schweisy

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London

London does not have a phone line Email only

Reactions: JoshC

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
You're a star, Netraam.

Checked - there it is! It arrived Christmas Eve - I remember us reading it and happy for the Christmas present - but I didn't file it with all the other paperwork. Thanks for that!

Were you having problems logging on the other day? I did too - took my back to cic homepage! I tried later in the day, and everything was ok again.

(I'd hoped they were updating my file with 'complete' - but no such luck!)
Glad you found out (again : ) Ya, website is acting up from time to time, I was hoping to for some update. This whole thing becomes too much of an obsession, what am I going to do once I get accepted?!? : P