+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hello friends! Is anyone still following this group? Seems like most everyone who filed the application in August of 2018 has taken an oath. I am just checking if anyone has experienced such a long wait between passing the exam and seeing "Decision Made". My spouse and I passed the test on April 16th and our case status still says "In Process" as of October 16 - 6 months since the test. I mean, there are no grounds that they can refuse the application, right? We have a solid record of presence and settlement in Canada; passed background checks and citizenship test; what else could be an issue? I know for a fact that several people who took the test in the same group as us and who had filed their applications much later have already been invited and taken the oath. Any thoughts about what may be happening? I ordered the case record and there were no red flags or weird notations on our case file... I sent an inquiry and called IRCC and got a standard response that it is still in process and the 12-month processing time is just an average indicator and the like. Anyhow, anyone to commiserate with me on this? :) Thanks!
Yes, it's quite common for people who took test early on. You cannot really do anything until one year has passed since the day they received your application. If it has passed one year, you should call them again. Since you are an August 2018 applicant, I would assume you can call them now.

Reactions: GeoCanadian

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Hi All. I'm STILL waiting to receive a test date and this is my timeline:

Sent Aug 22nd 2018
Acknowledgement received November 10th 2018
Fingerprint request Dec 6th 2018

Nothing since then. Applied from Toronto so am going through the dreaded Mississauga office. I find it so odd that where you apply from dictates your timeline. Canada is an odd and quirky place!! Have asked my MP to look into it in vague hopes it might speed things along. These processing times are insane.

A friend of mine applied in November and didn't get his acknowledgement until earlier this year, but is now a citizen.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
My ecas changed today:

We sent you a notice on October 16, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 5, 2019 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

It came to my surprise as there is no oath being held in London on Nov. 5th!:eek: There is an oath ceremony on Nov. 4th though! I will wait to receive the letter to see what date is on that!

Dear admin please update it on the spreadsheet once you have time. Thanks for your efforts.
Firstly, congratulations on getting the oath ceremony invite! Great news. I have updated the spreadsheet.

I can see that it is a bit of a puzzle having been given the Nov 5, 2019 date as Nov 4 is the date showing for the main London ceremony location. BUT I have searched to see if there are any Ontario temporary ceremony sites around about that time or which have been set up for Nov 5, 2019.

There are some Ontario locations with dates between Nov 4 and Nov 8. You will find the areas listed here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-temporary-offices.html
Could it be that you are slated to appear at one of those locations if your date is Nov 5?

Last edited:

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi All. I'm STILL waiting to receive a test date and this is my timeline:

Sent Aug 22nd 2018
Acknowledgement received November 10th 2018
Fingerprint request Dec 6th 2018

Nothing since then. Applied from Toronto so am going through the dreaded Mississauga office. I find it so odd that where you apply from dictates your timeline. Canada is an odd and quirky place!! Have asked my MP to look into it in vague hopes it might speed things along. These processing times are insane.

A friend of mine applied in November and didn't get his acknowledgement until earlier this year, but is now a citizen.
Hi, you seem to be well over the timeframe for processing your application -I am assuming that you have already called them to ask if there is any update on your file? Tel: 1-888-242-2100 Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays.

This website also gives some useful tips which may help: https://www.immigroup.com/news/tips-and-tricks-checking-your-ircc-cic-application-status

Reactions: Han

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Hi, you seem to be well over the timeframe for processing your application -I am assuming that you have already called them to ask if there is any update on your file? Tel: 1-888-242-2100 Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays.

This website also gives some useful tips which may help: https://www.immigroup.com/news/tips-and-tricks-checking-your-ircc-cic-application-status
So, I called the IRCC this morning and talked to an agent. He said that the Nov. 5th is the right date (He found it weird at first and had to ask his supervisor about it). So based on the agent, the IRCC website may not get updated so often and that's probably why the Nov. 5th is not on their website yet. I have to wait to receive the invitation letter or the email yet to see where the location is. The agent said if I don't receive the letter, I should still go and it is fine.

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet, littleun. :)

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013

Thanks!! I have, yes. Around 4 months ago they said all looked good on the application and was just waiting for a test date. I then got tired of waiting a few weeks ago and contacted my MP. They launched a deeper enquiry which apparently takes 10 business days to respond to. It has now been 15 days and they haven't responded to them, which my MP's office has said is very unusual. Very rarely do they miss the 10 day window so they are contacting CIC for me again today.

So, all in all, really frustrating. I can't see why the delay unless there is some sort of issue with the application, despite the fact the call centre tells me all background checks and eligibility requirements were passed.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Thanks!! I have, yes. Around 4 months ago they said all looked good on the application and was just waiting for a test date. I then got tired of waiting a few weeks ago and contacted my MP. They launched a deeper enquiry which apparently takes 10 business days to respond to. It has now been 15 days and they haven't responded to them, which my MP's office has said is very unusual. Very rarely do they miss the 10 day window so they are contacting CIC for me again today.

So, all in all, really frustrating. I can't see why the delay unless there is some sort of issue with the application, despite the fact the call centre tells me all background checks and eligibility requirements were passed.
I hope you hear soon. It is very disheartening with the endless delays.We are all rooting for you and we look forward to getting your update.:)

Reactions: markstimson

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Yes, it's quite common for people who took test early on. You cannot really do anything until one year has passed since the day they received your application. If it has passed one year, you should call them again. Since you are an August 2018 applicant, I would assume you can call them now.
Thank you, friend! Just having someone comment makes it easier. Oh, yes, one year did pass and I called them a couple of weeks ago. They said one year was not guaranteed and that it is just an "average" processing time and that they can confirm that the application is "In Process". That's all... I asked them three different ways to see if there was a problem or reason for a delay. They just kept repeating "It is still 'In Process' and the next sage will be an invitation for an oath" like a parrot. I could not get any additional information. Oh well - I must just forget about it and when it's here, it's here... :) Thanks anyways...

amirsuriya

Sep 17, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Got update in ECAS that we sent you notification on October 18 to appear in Oath Ceremony which is scheduled on 6th Nov. However, I did not received any invitation email or letter as yet. Anyone have any clue what to do in this case?

CHAND394

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
July-2011
Doc's Request.
June-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-2011
Med's Request
Jun-2012
Med's Done....
Jul-2012
Interview........
ALHUMDULILALLAH, Waived
Passport Req..
Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2013
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH, Jun-2013
yea but residency is still in progress now since I had to submit additional documents. How about you ?
AlhumdulilALLAH Today, i just checked my status changed from in process to Decision Made. But i did not receive any correspondence yet for oath.

CHAND394

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
July-2011
Doc's Request.
June-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-2011
Med's Request
Jun-2012
Med's Done....
Jul-2012
Interview........
ALHUMDULILALLAH, Waived
Passport Req..
Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2013
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH, Jun-2013
AlhumdulilALLAH Today, i just checked my status changed from in process to Decision Made. But i did not receive any correspondence yet for oath.

anyone knows how long its gonna take for them to send letter for oath !! and if i click on decision made, it does not show update about the file though !!! any idea anyone ?

CHAND394

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
July-2011
Doc's Request.
June-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-2011
Med's Request
Jun-2012
Med's Done....
Jul-2012
Interview........
ALHUMDULILALLAH, Waived
Passport Req..
Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2013
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH, Jun-2013
Hello Everyone,
Got update in ECAS that we sent you notification on October 18 to appear in Oath Ceremony which is scheduled on 6th Nov. However, I did not received any invitation email or letter as yet. Anyone have any clue what to do in this case?
did this update shows right after your status changed from in progress to decision made? or how long it took in your case?

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Thank you, friend! Just having someone comment makes it easier. Oh, yes, one year did pass and I called them a couple of weeks ago. They said one year was not guaranteed and that it is just an "average" processing time and that they can confirm that the application is "In Process". That's all... I asked them three different ways to see if there was a problem or reason for a delay. They just kept repeating "It is still 'In Process' and the next sage will be an invitation for an oath" like a parrot. I could not get any additional information. Oh well - I must just forget about it and when it's here, it's here... :) Thanks anyways...
That's the thing. Nothing is guaranteed. Even if they have a date scheduled, which they usually do well in advance and send you the letter later, they would not tell you. They should send it to the case officer for inquiry if they don't see a reason for delay or a date for your oath. I hope you hear from them soon!

Reactions: GeoCanadian